TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Kamala's Tape of The Month Club (a suggestion for a new regular th

Speaking of WrestleCrap, I just saw that somebody posted Bash At The Beach 2000 in its entirety on Daily Motion.

Oh man, that one's pretty tempting too.

If you're looking for crap, Jingus, Bash At The Beach 2000 is way better. Besides the obvious Russo/Hogan debacle, The KISS Demon Vs Vampiro in a graveyard match, your girl Daffney Vs Ms. Hancock in a wedding gown match, Goldberg Vs Kevin Nash with Scott Hall's contract on the line, and Ralphus(!!!)

So, which one do you guys want? Bash At The Beach 2000 or Fall Brawl 2000? Either one's fine by me.

I honestly would recommend BATB 2000 over Fall Brawl 2000. FB is almost too decent. BATB 2000 is a near legendary show for a variety of bad reasons, though I will admit the Booker/Jarrett main event was pretty decent. It's a shame they hadn't built Booker up in the minds of fans whatsoever.

I think I want in on this. BATB '00 was a show that sucked so hard, yet the ending filled me with so much hope. The next two weeks of Nitro and Thunder were pretty good too. Then it fell off a cliff worse than anyone could have imagined. Ever see New Blood Rising? STACY KEIBLER PREGNANCY ANGLE AND JACQUES ROUGEAU CHANGING STIPS ON THE FLY AND NASH AND STEINER "IMPROVISING." WORST SHIT EVER.

I think I want in on this. BATB '00 was a show that sucked so hard, yet the ending filled me with so much hope. The next two weeks of Nitro and Thunder were pretty good too. Then it fell off a cliff worse than anyone could have imagined. Ever see New Blood Rising? STACY KEIBLER PREGNANCY ANGLE AND JACQUES ROUGEAU CHANGING STIPS ON THE FLY AND NASH AND STEINER "IMPROVISING." WORST SHIT EVER.

I actually mentioned this same thing last month in a thread where you guys watched BATB 2000. New Blood Rising is the biggest example of why WCW was going to go out of business. I mean, Russo seriously booked an angle where A GUY WALKS OUT OF A MATCH BECAUSE HE REFUSES TO JOB, AND THE OTHER GUYS HAVE TO IMPROVISE A NEW FINISH!!!

Bumping this up to see if there's any interest whatsoever in reviving this, at least temporarily. I've got a lot of free time thanks to winter break and wouldn't mind putting together another one.

I'm currently scouring Daily Motion to find shows to do. The best I've found so far is what looks to be a mostly complete episode of Prime Time Wrestling from March '92 featuring Shawn Michaels Vs The British Bulldog, Repo Man Vs Jimmy Snuka, and The Undertaker Vs Colonal Mustafa (Taker Vs Sheik? I'm sold). Probably best if we do this in two weeks after the Christmas rush has died down.

I wonder if that Michaels/Bulldog match is one I saw on an old Coliseum tape from 1992? If so it has Sherri causing a DQ. Pretty good match otherwise. Probably saw that show when it initially aired too.

I actually watched that Vampiro vs. Awesome match not too long ago, and it really wasn't as funny as I remembered it being. I maybe saw 2 blown spots that were funny, but the rest of it was boring. Stevie Ray's commentary in WCW is all kinds of awesome. Anyone remember when they showed a Glacier ad on Starrcade 2000, and then all of the announcers buried it afterwards? :lol:

All I remember is Tony Schivone telling fans not to get involved, and then Stevie Ray goes off on him for that.

Yeah, one of them (Can't remember if it was Vampiro or Awesome) hit the other hit the other with a cane during the audience brawl spot and then a couple of seconds later some fan tried to headbutt (!?) Mike Awesome and Stevie Ray tried to tsay the fan was upset that his cane was stolen and was justified attacking the wrestlers.

I found SuperBrawl X (with Sid/Jeff Jarrett/Scott Hall Triple Threat for The WCW World title and Hulk Hogan/Lex Luger as The Double Main Event) on YouTube but I really kind of don't want to watch that show again though it certainly fulfills our general requirement of crappy WCW show.

How about WCW Souled Out 1999? It's the next WCW PPV I planned on watching.

Mike Enos vs Chris Benoit

Norman Smiley vs Chavo Guerrero, Jr.

Fit Flnlay vs Van Hammer

Wrath vs Bam Bam Bigelow

Lex Luger vs Konnan

Loser Wears A Dress: Chris Jericho vs Perry Saturn

WCW Cruiserweight Title: Billy Kidman vs Psicosis vs Juventud Guerrera vs Rey Mysterio Jr.

Barry Windham/Curt Hennig vs Ric Flair/David Flair

Stun Gun Ladder Match: Bill Goldberg vs Scott Hall

I actually have SuperBrawl 2000 on tape, so if you decide to do that one I might participate in this.

I saw that SuperBrawl 2000 show at a sports bar at the time, refusing to actually buy that PPV. I don't recall much about it, but it wasn't good by any means.

Found Souled Out 99 on a rental tape a while back, it's actually not that bad of a show. Not bad enough for this thread anyway.

I have Halloween Havoc '99, Mayhem '99, Starrcade '99, Souled Out 2000, and SuperBrawl 2000. We should definitely do some Late '99/Early 2000 WCW crap.

I found SuperBrawl X (with Sid/Jeff Jarrett/Scott Hall Triple Threat for The WCW World title and Hulk Hogan/Lex Luger as The Double Main Event) on YouTube but I really kind of don't want to watch that show again though it certainly fulfills our general requirement of crappy WCW show.

And that show also has the infamous SKINS MATCH!!! That show was the lowest point WCW ever hit, as that show did a .10 buyrate I believe.