TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Boston Public

I've just started watching the first season, and I love it. Its so freakin' ridiculous but it's great. I really should have watched this more when it was on. Chi McBride is so great. I wish I had a principal like him. And man, Rashida Jones was hot on this show. I never thought of her as really attractive before but well, she is here. Anyone else like this show?

Best thing I've seen so far: Sam from Are You Afraid of the Dark as a girl running for class president who sucks her opponent's dick in the stairwell to get him to drop out of the race. Her parents come in for a conference with the principal and her dad is the dad from Clarissa Explains it All!

Oh shit, it's Ashley Tisdale! This show just keeps getting better.

If you think it's ridiculous now, wait until you see some of the storylines around season 3.

I really enjoyed that show when it was on, but man, they went off the deep end over the last couple years. It was like they ran out of plausible stories to tell, so they just started coming up with the most outlandish stuff you could imagine.

Boston Public is one of my favourite shows ever. It's terrible and illogical, and that what makes me love it more.

The bumfights/midget in the locker episode is the high point of the show

When Michael Rapaport became the focus it went downhill.

My roommates and I used to watch this before Monday Night Football. I have no idea why, but it was enjoyable.

Yes, great show. I used to watch reruns of it back in my freshman year of college all the time befpre they cancelled it. I would still love to catch it if it's still on TV.

And Michael Rappaport was my favorite character!

I seem to remember a bully issue being settled in a boxing match on one episode. There was also the students being held hostage I think.

Man, seems like a good show to have a blunt to.

Chi McBride is my nigga

Where you watching the show Ice Cream?

I used to watch it before RAW, but my interest waned when Kimberly Woods left.

I think half the school died on that show too

They're showing the reruns on some weird channel called TV One. I've caught a few.

The episode where Rapaport made his class read the book "Nigger" and was then surprised by the controversy it caused was probably my favorite.

I don't get TV One, so when I stay at someone's house who does, it's Boston Public time.

The nigger episode is a classic one.

I also like the one where the girl writes a story about her dad molesting her, it's the one time Suder actually did something on the show.

There used to be a video on youtube of nothing but the times Rashida's character and the other two black teachers formed a singing group. Sadly, I think it got taken down

The best part of the show was when they started trying to work in references to September 11 to give their stupid melodramatic storylines more weight. There'd be a story about a kid who was depressed or whatever and at some point one of the teachers (usually Chi McBride) would be like "After that tragic day in September a lot of people have been feeling depressed" or something and it was always totally forced and out-of-place and hilarious.

I think Boston Public was one of the first shows to mention 9/11. Remember when the principal went on trial for murder- total David E. Kelley stuff.

LOVED Boston Public. I only discovered it a year ago, when WE (the alternative to Lifetime" ran reruns for four hours straight Monday-Friday. Wasn't there an ep where there was a sex club in the after-school computer class?

LOVED Boston Public. I only discovered it a year ago, when WE (the alternative to Lifetime" ran reruns for four hours straight Monday-Friday. Wasn't there an ep where there was a sex club in the after-school computer class?

Wasn't that the one with the pull out bed.

How could everybody forget "The Blob"? The obese high school girl wrestler with the heart of gold that had a heart attack during one of her matches and died.

The "smell that shoe" lady is the best.

The episode I'm watching now features Russell from Wayne's World, Zach from Desperate Housewives, April from the first TMNT movie, and Millie from Freaks and Geeks! A star-studded cast, no doubt.

People I used to chat with on IRC before Raw always raved about the show but I was annoyed (for some reason I'm nto really sure of) by a commercial for the show that had a teacher saying "look at those breasts!". I heard about the episode with a teacher named Vince Russo though, which apparently was appropriate for the show. I also prefer shows about high school to be about chaste moral values and focus on zany antics (like finding a bunch of money in a mall as part of a hidden camera show) or saying no to drugs or winning the big basketball game because it's all about sticking together, but maybe that's just me.

The best part of the show was when they started trying to work in references to September 11 to give their stupid melodramatic storylines more weight. There'd be a story about a kid who was depressed or whatever and at some point one of the teachers (usually Chi McBride) would be like "After that tragic day in September a lot of people have been feeling depressed" or something and it was always totally forced and out-of-place and hilarious.

The "After that tragic day in September a lot of people have been feeling depressed" thing was everywhere at the time. My doctor told me there were shitloads of people coming in claiming that as thier reason for needing pills at the time.

It was also on every news show, in every magazine, on every internet news site and in every newspaper at the time.

Jesus Christ, I'm glad that fuckin' shit blew over. Mofuckers is depressed because of way different shit than just a building getting suicide bombed in NY. But at the time, you'd think that was the only reason for it. Fuck.

As for the show, I watched it every week, and then the reruns, and I've been watchin' it on TV1 recently. It's like Saved by the Bell mixed with CSI and then dipped in a meth lab or some shit. Fuckin bannanas, but I love the hell out of it, and it was one of the few shows I ever got legit mad when it was cancelled.

I'm finishing the second season. Goodbye Lauren, goodbye Harry, goodbye Rashida Jones. Meet Joe Mac!

Should I be expecting a heavy dropoff in quality during this third season?