TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

ECW tapings to take place before Raw; Heat canceled

WWE is planning to end the WWE.com Heat series and move the ECW On Sci-Fi tapings to the RAW tapings starting in June following the promotion's tour of Australia.

ECW will be taped prior to RAW broadcasts and, we can assume, will also be part of RAW house shows. Smackdown tapings and house shows will then only feature Smackdown talent. WWE is hoping that mixing ECW in with RAW will help increase ECW ratings.

WWE has already informed their international TV affiliates that a new WWE Classics series, featuring old WWE footage, will be replacing Heat soon.

Credit: PWInsider.com

At first, I thought this was a horrible idea. I enjoy watching Heat, and it kind of evened things out with each brand having another show taped along with its main one.

However, if the SD/ECW merger is replaced by a Raw/ECW merger, this could be good. Raw has a larger roster with more star power, and the Heat midcarders,/low carders could appear on ECW regularly.

so do Miz and Morrison unify the tag belts?

Interesting point. They'll probably be traded to SD! for Mark Henry. And then Henry can join Boogeyman, Big Daddy V, Benjamin, Burke, Kofi and Armando Estrada away from the soon to be returning Michael Hayes.

I'd prefer to see Miz and Morrison drop the belts to Jesse and Festus at Night of Champions if the whole ECW roster is moving over to the Raw side, but even if they did lose the titles, I think both men would fit in better on Smackdown as opposed to Raw.

Honestly, getting RAW midcarders on ECW is one of the only things that can get me to watch the show. I'm not complaining, but at the same time, putting the ECW taping on Monday only dilutes what Smackdown can offer on Fridays. I don't think this is a good idea.

Raw midcarders? I'm sure Sci Fi and USA want Cena or HHH on ECW as much as possible to get ratings up. Not that that will happen

I'm sure Sci-Fi and USA would settle for guys like Jeff Hardy and Chris Jericho.

How do they feel about Jim Duggan, Charlie Haas, and DH Smith?

Maybe Paul Birchill. If they're lucky.

HeAT wasn't so bad towards the end, we still get it every week, the commentary team just don't care any more, they half-ass it throughout each show.

At least you get to see your regular guys though.

Also, it's part of wrestling night on a Monday over here.

Last week's Raw, Bottom Line, Heat, ECW and Raw.

Seven hours of WWE.

ah..

How fitting would it be to have Stevie Richards win the last match ever on Heat?

Instead we'll probably be treated to Jim Duggan beating Viscera in 2 minutes.

Big Daddy V is still recovering from obesity.

Why wouldn't they keep Heat and tape that before SD? I would imagine they can move the Heat guys (Haas, Venis, Crazy, Snitsky, Duggan, Smith) to that brand with very little issue. SD also has many guys just sitting around.

I'd wanna tape all the Footage shows.

I Almost never watch any new WWE shit.

I Just buy the DVDs.

Last time I saw one was at my friends, it was the week before KOTR Raw.

I was going to tape the King of the Ring, But I couldn't be fucked.

I don't really want to go to the Raw/ECW show when it comes here.

Numerous Reasons; Poverty, and other shit.

Heat getting fucked off is bad news I reckon, even though they had replays of RAW.

I wonder if this development means The Heat Crew, (Haas, Duggan, Venis, Super Crazy, Snitsky, etc.), will get their pink slips soon, or if they'll keep some around as jobbers to the stars?

I'd like to see Haas in TNA.

He would probably end up being just another ex-WWE guy knowing TNA.

There also still isn't a mid-card title either.

I wonder if this development means The Heat Crew, (Haas, Duggan, Venis, Super Crazy, Snitsky, etc.), will get their pink slips soon, or if they'll keep some around as jobbers to the stars?

Those guys are going to be the new ECW main eventers.

It was pretty straightforward. He just used "fucked" in place of "arsed".

Display Name, do you have broadband? If so, some sites stream the TV shows live, and many more make them available afterwards.

WWE has already informed their international TV affiliates that a new WWE Classics series, featuring old WWE footage, will be replacing Heat soon.

Neat.

I miss the WCW Classics series they used to have over here, which IIRC they had to replace the first WWE Classics with due to the WWF copyright issue.

Yes I have Broadband Soughta, it's not my Connection.

In regards to Streaming TV, I'd rather have a Tape off the TV, Plus I've been warned of streaming and youtube as it chews though Download Limit.

I've been Downloading Video Files of old shit.

Sometimes there Quality, sometimes there not that good.

Lately some have been in other languages, which is shit for DoubleyouseaDoubleyou Matches as The Commentary is "Great" and I like it.

I've got to finally see some TNA.

If I had Basic Cable Where I Lived then I would Tape Everything, except probably WWE Expierience.

The First Tape I taped was the Raw Episode after No Mercy; It was great, with the Vince Titantron Start.

I wanted to tape the free Pre PPV Shows but never did.

Here I noticed The Fucking Cable Cunts don't replay Heat, so it's either be awake on a Sunday or Get Fucked.

I may be mistaken but there still Cunts.

I read in a Synopsis of an interview that TNA had better ratings than WWE In Australia.

That's because the Premiere of Raw, ECW & FNS is at 3:30PM on weekdays (Wed Thur Fri)

And TNA iMapctomagram is on Saturdays at around 10pm, which would defo get more people watching it.