TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
andrew8798

Resident Evil 5

The deal was announced on cheapassgamer.com. What are you going to use your 20 dollar off for? I am going to put it towards Legends of WrestleMania and get that for 40.

Friday & Saturday Only **Cannot combine offers**

() Free $50 Gift Card and 12+1 XBL Subscription when you purchase both Xbox 360 Pro & Resident Evil 5

(/) Free $20 Gift Card when you purchase Resident Evil 5 PS3/Xbox 360.

At EB in Canada, they have a game guarantee, which means you can buy the game (might have to pre-order), return it with receipt within a week, and get the full purchase price back in credit.

That's why I have the game pre-ordered. I can't see why I won't like it, but its always good to have some type of guarantee. Also, I managed to get $27 in trade in credit for SmackDown Vs. Raw 2009, so that takes care of about half the price of the game (I never play SmackDown! anymore since the online isn't even remotely playable due to the lag)

Alright, so I have my season of NHL 09 complete, so that is 1 more game off my list to free up some time for RE5. If I can manage to beat the main story of GTA IV between now and next Friday, I should be fine to only worry about 1 game (I'm a little over 60% completed on GTA IV so I shouldn't have too much time left on the game.)

From the early reviews I have read I get the vibe that it is a great action game, but the coop aspect really takes away from the "resident evil" feel because with someone always there to help with ammo or heal you(either a real person or AI controlled partner) it really takes away from the feeling of impending death or running out of ammo/health etc.....other then that minor gripe it is getting fantastic reviews.

I have a question though, I know you can play through the game online via co-op, but can you save your progress on this type of mode? Or does the game start over everytime you die or turn off your system?

I plan on getting this game, but mainly to play co-op with a friend who lives out of state, but I doubt we will ever have time or patience to sit down and try to beat the game in a single sitting, so can you save your progress for online co-op games?

From the early reviews I have read I get the vibe that it is a great action game, but the coop aspect really takes away from the "resident evil" feel because with someone always there to help with ammo or heal you(either a real person or AI controlled partner) it really takes away from the feeling of impending death or running out of ammo/health etc.....other then that minor gripe it is getting fantastic reviews.

I have a question though, I know you can play through the game online via co-op, but can you save your progress on this type of mode? Or does the game start over everytime you die or turn off your system?

I plan on getting this game, but mainly to play co-op with a friend who lives out of state, but I doubt we will ever have time or patience to sit down and try to beat the game in a single sitting, so can you save your progress for online co-op games?

I believe so. IGN mentioned that if your friend has played more of the game they would have better weapons etc unlocked and would make the game easier when they play with you. Also the game according to IGN is anywhere from 12-20 hours to beat. That depends if you want to race through it or collect everything and see every little detail.

PS3 owners of Resident Evil 5 will find a special surprise waiting for them when comparing their Trophy info with friends. Capcom has (accidentally?) revealed information about the game's upcoming DLC through newly uploaded Trophies. The DLC appears to introduce a number of new online modes: Slayers, Survivors, Team Slayers, Team Survivors and Versus. It's not exactly clear what these modes entail, but they appear to be competitive modes. "Team Survivors" gives us hope that Capcom is working on a co-operative mode inspired by Resident Evil Outbreak Left 4 Dead.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/10/resident...tiplayer-modes/

Can you please post other impressions on the game. I cannot wait for tommorow. How does the weapon upgrading work? Can you do it whenever you want?

You do it at the end of each 'level' with the gold and treasure you pillage along the way. You can upgrade each weapons 'power' 'reload time' 'capacity' and 'Crit Chance' (the likelihood of a headshot).

The partner's AI is OK, but there are times when she acts like a greedy bitch and decides she'd like all the ammo, which leads to having to go into the inventory and 'requesting' that you have some too. I generally use her as pack mule and give her all the health stuff, as she's pretty wise with her usage of the herbs and sprays to heal you.

Sadly sometimes she'll decide she wishes to shoot a Zombie even it means shooting her bullet through you. Thankfully there is no friendly fire, though its also disappointing to some extent as it means you can't hack her to shit with the knife when she pisses you off. Well, actually you can, she won't die however, though I guess that maybe better for some people.

It's still pretty easy to run through and away from the 'Zombies' (though I'm only playing on 'normal' at the moment), and at times they just stand and look at you for a good 5 seconds before they decide if they want to hit you or not. Hit detection is almost clever. If you shoot them in the hand/arm that they are using to carry a weapon they will drop that weapon. Sometimes they'll pick it up again, sometimes they'll leave it and charge at you and allow another guy to pick it up and use it.

There's nice moments where you get surprised and jumped on from behind, but the AI of the bint that follows you is pretty sharp to assist and kick the 'Zombie' off you before much damage is done.

I would also recommend that you check in all the draws, smash all the crates and veg before you move onto the next area. As once that area has been 'cleared' of 'Zombies' any items that were there for the taking will disappear/not spawn. Ammo seems bountiful at the moment, which is a bit disturbing as its making the game feel more like an arcade action shooter, then a tense fear filled survival mind fuck - but then maybe that's what they've went for this game and I'm only a few levels in so things could change yet.

There are times when you wish you could run and shoot, especially with the pace that some of the 'Zombies' move, but once you've got the hang of how it wants you to play, you don't really notice it. If anything, it might make the game a bit too easy if you could run and shoot, especially with what I described before with the delay in attacking actions from some of the foes.

Cut scenes and set pieces are nice, though as mentioned in my other post there are moments when line breaks and screen tear are pretty clear, which can distract you from how nice everything looks.

I haven't tried Co-Op yet, I'm waiting for my mate to get it, but I can imagine that'll be fun on the hardest difficulty level. I'll try and answer more questions if you want. Hopefully I haven't spoiled anything with this post.

Can you please post other impressions on the game. I cannot wait for tommorow. How does the weapon upgrading work? Can you do it whenever you want?

The partner's AI is OK, but there are times when she acts like a greedy bitch and decides she'd like all the ammo, which leads to having to go into the inventory and 'requesting' that you have some too. I generally use her as pack mule and give her all the health stuff, as she's pretty wise with her usage of the herbs and sprays to heal you.

Sadly sometimes she'll decide she wishes to shoot a Zombie even it means shooting her bullet through you. Thankfully there is no friendly fire, though its also disappointing to some extent as it means you can't hack her to shit with the knife when she pisses you off. Well, actually you can, she won't die however, though I guess that maybe better for some people.

I wish they but in a FF12 gambit like system. That way you can control what your partner does. Like they only use herbs when health is below 40 percent or below 25 percent. Or you can set up how often they use ammo, etc.

IGN just posted a couple of multi player modes that is going to come out in a couple of weeks. It is going to be called versus. One has you going against up to 3 other players in a death match and the other has you going against the Zombies. People are already bitching about the DLC and the controls of stopping/shooting for deathmatch. The price is going to be $5 for the dlc.

As mentioned in the 'DLC' thread - Capcom and Kanomi are fuckers with their DLC. The majority of it is stuff already on the disk, or left out only to sell a week after the game is released. I think I'll hold back before buying the DLC just to see how the modes translate.

As mentioned in the 'DLC' thread - Capcom and Kanomi are fuckers with their DLC. The majority of it is stuff already on the disk, or left out only to sell a week after the game is released. I think I'll hold back before buying the DLC just to see how the modes translate.

That is why I started the DLC thread. Doesn't SF IV have a bunch of alternate attires that goes for like 20 bucks total? At least GTA 4 has Dlc that comes out almost a year after the game and offers alot. The next two dlc packs for Fallout 3 seem to be pretty good as well.

That is why I started the DLC thread. Doesn't SF IV have a bunch of alternate attires that goes for like 20 bucks total? At least GTA 4 has Dlc that comes out almost a year after the game and offers alot. The next two dlc packs for Fallout 3 seem to be pretty good as well.

Capcom and Kanomi are fucking jerks with their DLC - strange that it seems to be a Japanese thing...

Yes but it's not like that DLC is an essential piece of the game to get more out of it. I mean, you don't HAVE to buy it. It's there if you want it.