TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
andrew8798

Resident Evil 5

X-Play's Review

They didn't exactly praise the game by any stretch giving it a 3/5.

The G4 folk were pretty thoroughly jorny about Resident Evil 4, too.

You should check out "Sessler's soapbox" in which he explains further why his review/feelings on the game are so lukewarm. He does a good job of explaining.

The general consensus so far seems to be that the game is much better when played as co-op with another person, as the AI is kinda lame.

Everyone says it is beautiful to look at, but as a gaming community we shouldn't settle for pretty graphics, when by now on these powerful machines, that aspect should be a given.

He still seems to covey that if you have a friend that is willing to put in the 15-20 hours to play through the main game on co-op then it is pretty good, it is just that the single player is very inconsistent, complete with lame AI that hinders as much as it helps.

Doesn't change the fact that for 20 bucks it's a huge ripoff and 15 dollars overpriced.

$16, total, and that's split up into four packs of $3.99 each.

Played the game for about an hour and I'm digging it so far. I really have no issues with the controls (then again, after a bit I enjoyed the RE4 controls as well). I haven't really had an issues with my AI teammate so far, but then again I'm playing on easy (like I usually do so I can get a feel for the game, rather then stop playing due to the game being too difficult to do anything with)

Guest Smues

Thanks to $50 in ToysRus giftcards and a free shipping deal I paid $9.99 for this and will see it in a week or two. When I was in Gamestop today to torture myself and make myself hate the world take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free used game sale I watched some guy argue with the sales lady about their "trade in 2 listed titles and get Resident Evil 5 for $20." I don't know exactly what the problem was, but they wouldn't accept one of his games for some reason, and so he went one of them about how they don't know how to read their own sales sign. It was pretty funny.

My understanding based off of cheapassgamer.com is that Gamestop released a list of games that were eligible and then cancelled some of the eligible games. This was due to a couple of the games being $10 dollars at Kmart.

Well if that was the reason this dude was denied then it makes it all the more funny, as we don't have any Kmarts up here.

My understanding based off of cheapassgamer.com is that Gamestop released a list of games that were eligible and then cancelled some of the eligible games. This was due to a couple of the games being $10 dollars at Kmart.

Well if that was the reason this dude was denied then it makes it all the more funny, as we don't have any Kmarts up here.

I was only guessing. I remember reading about games being sold for $10 dollars at K Mart, Target etc that were on the list. I believe Blitz was one game that was going for $10 dollars that was on the list and taken off.

Finished it on normal this morning.

The story kind of dies on its arse in Chapter 6 and feels a bit rushed. The majority of it is based on quick time events and the last 'two' bosses are pretty easy considering.

The story kind of dies on its arse in Chapter 6 and feels a bit rushed. The majority of it is based on quick time events and the last 'two' bosses are pretty easy considering.

Really? I cannot seem to beat Uroboros Wesker for the life of me. I can never seem to be able to turn around fast enough to hit the orange spot on his back. Been trying the 180 turn trick, but whenever I do that I always seems to be pointing at some weird angle and by the time I turn and try to take my shot, he is already turned around.

Really? I cannot seem to beat Uroboros Wesker for the life of me. I can never seem to be able to turn around fast enough to hit the orange spot on his back. Been trying the 180 turn trick, but whenever I do that I always seems to be pointing at some weird angle and by the time I turn and try to take my shot, he is already turned around.

Set the dumb bitch on attack so she gets his attention, then I'll run around the edges and try to sneak shoot him from an angle. What I did notice was that the last chapter totally reminded me of MGS4 for some reason. The Boat, the syringe, etc.

Resident Evil 5 topped the UK All-Formats Top 40 in its first week of release, selling more units than all the other top-ten titles combined.

Data compiler Chart-Track also tells us that 55 per cent of sales were on Xbox 360, compared to 45 per cent on PlayStation 3.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/resi-5-o...op-ten-combined

Set the dumb bitch on attack so she gets his attention, then I'll run around the edges and try to sneak shoot him from an angle. What I did notice was that the last chapter totally reminded me of MGS4 for some reason. The Boat, the syringe, etc.

Thanks for the tips. Finally beat the game a few minutes ago. Here's a quick, off the top of my head, list of what I did, and didn't like about RE5

Pros:

- Amazing graphics > goes without saying that the game is absolute eye candy, My favorite level was the

underground city type thing that was in the cave

- Story > though it did have a little too much cheese at some points, it did a pretty good job at tying up all the loose ends of the series.

- Mixing up the game play > aside from all the QTE's, the game features some pretty fun turret sequences

and then concluded that sequence with a pretty fun, almost light gun-esque, boss battle.

- Collectibles > trophies, achievements, alternate costumes and toy like figurines will probably have me playing through the game multiple times

- Co-op > though I have yet to play with another human, I can see how playing with someone else can make the whole experience twice as enjoyable

- Big, fun boss battles > too many to think of

- Mercenaries > fun mini game that you can play if you only have a little bit of time to kill, but you still want to kill a few zombies.

Cons:

- Predictable plot twist

seriously, who didn't know the chick with the hood and mask wasn't anyone but Jill???

- several AI issues > though it didn't hamper my experience, but there was a few times that Sheva would not get out of the line of fire until the enemy would empty a clip into her first. Also, it's a pain in the ass that Sheva will not mix herbs, or that you can't tell her to mix them. This really becomes a pain in the ass as you inventory starts to fill up.

Thanks for the tips. Finally beat the game a few minutes ago. Here's a quick, off the top of my head, list of what I did, and didn't like about RE5

Pros:

- Amazing graphics > goes without saying that the game is absolute eye candy, My favorite level was the

underground city type thing that was in the cave

- Story > though it did have a little too much cheese at some points, it did a pretty good job at tying up all the loose ends of the series.

- Mixing up the game play > aside from all the QTE's, the game features some pretty fun turret sequences

and then concluded that sequence with a pretty fun, almost light gun-esque, boss battle.

- Collectibles > trophies, achievements, alternate costumes and toy like figurines will probably have me playing through the game multiple times

- Co-op > though I have yet to play with another human, I can see how playing with someone else can make the whole experience twice as enjoyable

- Big, fun boss battles > too many to think of

- Mercenaries > fun mini game that you can play if you only have a little bit of time to kill, but you still want to kill a few zombies.

Cons:

- Predictable plot twist

seriously, who didn't know the chick with the hood and mask wasn't anyone but Jill???

- several AI issues > though it didn't hamper my experience, but there was a few times that Sheva would not get out of the line of fire until the enemy would empty a clip into her first. Also, it's a pain in the ass that Sheva will not mix herbs, or that you can't tell her to mix them. This really becomes a pain in the ass as you inventory starts to fill up.

Grats on completing it :)

Never had the heard issue, in fact, it was probably the only good thing she was consistent with during my game. Mixing the herbs and healing at the right time. The line of fire issue is a total joke - both ways. She'll either stand and take a round into the face, or stand behind you and put a round of your own sweet precious ammo into the back of your head.

I agree with the plot and its 'twists' all of them were predictable, almost as predictable as 'twists' in an episode of 24. They were pretty cliché. The collectibles is a nice touch and DOES have me playing through the game again to unlock them all.

However, having finished the game I'm still not sure how well a multiplayer game would work on this game engine. If MGO online frustrated me with its stop/start shoot mechanics, RE5 is going to drive me up the fucking wall.

Cons:

- Predictable plot twist

A coworker seems to have no idea when we discuss RE5. He does seem a bit slow in general, but I couldn't believe it. He did say "I think Jill is still alive" but you could tell he hasn't figured it out completely.

Beat the game today. I really enjoyed it, although 4 is still the best of the series imo.

I'm kinda sad Wesker is dead. He was such a cool villain and after following the series from the beginning, it's bumming me out a bit to know that he probably won't be back.

Playing my second game now with Sheva. I have my M3 shotgun fully upgraded with infinite ammo, so I'm taking out dude's left and right.

How do you get infinite ammo for a gun? I know the option is there after you finish the game. Do you just need to fully upgrade the weapon?

It's more complicated than it should be. Before you go to a new game, go to bonus features, then search for whatever fully upgraded weapon you have. You need to then use your exchange points to unlock it. After that, go to special features, then turn infinite ammo on. Then go to new game, toggle infinite ammo on again.

It's more complicated than it should be. Before you go to a new game, go to bonus features, then search for whatever fully upgraded weapon you have. You need to then use your exchange points to unlock it. After that, go to special features, then turn infinite ammo on. Then go to new game, toggle infinite ammo on again.

Wow, that seems like a little much. Anyways, I don't think I'll be having infinite ammo any time soon as I am trying to buy every weapon first, and then upgrade the weapons from there.

Versus Mode Delayed

Capcom has pushed the launch of the Versus mode add-on for Resident Evil 5 back to April. Japanese gamers had been promised a 26th March release.

The publisher "deeply apologises" for the delay, according to a short statement on Kotaku.

Capcom will use the extra time to straighten a few issues, ensuring the premium content - which costs USD 5 for PS3 and 400 Microsoft Points (GBP 3.40 / EUR 4.80) for Xbox 360 - delivers.

The Versus mode includes two competitive modes: Slayer's Rule, where you take out zombies for points, and Survivor's Rule, where you take each other out. Both modes support up to four players.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/resi-5-versus-mode-delayed