TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

TNA spoilers for 29.05.08

From WO.com.

I'm not sure who reported these. But they can't type very well.

For Thursday night's show

Team 3-D and Booker do an interview and rip on A.J. Styles. After 3-D ran down LAX and Hector Guerrero, they came out. Hector said LAX would face 3-D at Slammiversary.

Christian, Rhino, Joe and LAX chase out 3-D and Booker. Styles comes out and hits both members of 3-D with chair shots

Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal (with Ace Young of American Idol at ringside) beat Lance Hoyt & Jimmy Rave when Ace Young interfered

Lethal asked Dutt to be his best man. That's trouble for sure.

Angelina Love b Roxxi after Velvet Sky sprayed hair spray in Roxxi's eyes. Love and Sky put a bag over Roxxi's head. Gail Kim and ODB made the save. Kim is on crutches.

Jim Cornette goes off on how bad the Kong beating up the "fan" segment was until Jeremy Borash said it was the highest rated segment on the show. Vince Russo's personal agenda with Jim Cornette at this stage of the game is pathetic and ten years out of date.

Kevin Nash offered Jim Cornette his services as security in exchange for being the ringside enforcer at King of the Mountain. Cornette agrees to the deal

Kong b Leva Bates, another fan in the stnds

Rhino b James Storm with a gore in a King of the Mountain qualifier.

Booker and 3-D are in Cornette's office and Nash tells them to leave. Devon says there are three of them and one of him. Nash pulled out a baseball bat so they let

Christian b Tomko with the unprettier to advance to King of the Mountain

Styles comes out but is jumped by Kurt Angle and Kurt tells karen Angle to leave. Karen slapped Kurt and then Stuyles came out and 3-D, Booker, Tomko and Kurt all attacked Styles. Christian came out but Booker laid him out and the heels celebrated to end the show.

TNA Booking 101 - a certain angle gets praise from Marks, do the same angle a week later!

Also, there appears to be an awful lot of Booker and 3D on this show.

Bah, James Storm didn't get through to KoTM. I know we have one midcarder in there already, but I'm a mark for Storm.

This actually sounds halfway decent. From the little bit of Impact over the last 2-3 weeks I've been able to catch, Booker may just be the best heel near the main event in quite some time. And having 3D at his side? It's perfect. They all just have this smug aura to them, that they're really above TNA because they held the Tag and World belts in WWE. And they've been dominating. I'm digging it. And Styles going back to being a more straightforward character instead of a retarded chickenshit? Sounds good to me. I like him as the retarded chickenshit, but it was a pretty solid 180 from the character he had from when TNA started.

So, the World Heavyweight Champion wasn't on the show at all? WHY IZN'T SAMMY JOE GETTING OVUR

Angelina Love b Roxxi

Again? Unless Roxxi tosses Angelina into a scorpion pit, what can she possibly do at this point to get revenge which is equal to the amount of shit that's been done to her?

Jim Cornette goes off on how bad the Kong beating up the "fan" segment was until Jeremy Borash said it was the highest rated segment on the show. Vince Russo's personal agenda with Jim Cornette at this stage of the game is pathetic and ten years out of date.

That sounds a little conspiracy theoryish, but I wouldn't be surprised. Cornette has been made out to be an overall foolish and easily manipulated authority figure who the wrestlers constant push around.

Rhino b James Storm with a gore in a King of the Mountain qualifier.

Christian b Tomko with the unprettier to advance to King of the Mountain

TNA: what glass ceiling?

TNA Booking 101 - a certain angle gets praise from Marks, do the same angle a week later!

Which one? I counted at least two.

"TNA: what glass ceiling?"

That's a tad unfair, I think.

Robert Roode already got in the match, Joe's the champion going in and Rhino hadn't been pushed near the top in forever. Tomko wasn't going to win while he's in the doghouse and Storm getting in would be basically like Roode getting in again. 2 midcard heels with no chance to win the match anyway. At least Rhino's been on a winning streak. I'd almost find it more offensive if Storm got in over Rhino since Rhino won their feud AND scored the pin for him team at Lockdown...over Storm.

They fucked it up a week later, sounds just about right.

So I'm guessing Joe had a backstage segment where he's praising Booker T, while Booker T cotinues to call him and TNA bush league?

TNA: what glass ceiling?
Oh you haven't heard? TNA is is stacked at the top of the card, everybody is getting over and there is no way the booking team is as dumb as they have been for the last 3 years. I mean look at the top of the card you have Angle and um, the other guys.

Which one? I counted at least two.

The end angle. It's practically the same end as last week.

As for Angelina/Roxxi - you've got to remember that Roxxi already holds two clean wins over her. If Velvet just keeps getting involved, they'll do some sort of cage match I'd imagine so Roxxi can have her all to herself. Sounds good to me.

And the glass ceiling comment was a bit off, they put Robert bleedin' Roode in the main event. The guy has been trying to get over for what 5 years now? It would have made more sense to put Storm in, but I guess Roode will be ok.

I wish people wouls stop saying "They put Robert Roode in the main event" like he has a chance at winning the title. The match is about Booker and Joe, the other guys (except maybe Christian) are just filler.

So...if they don't put someone new in...you complain about the glass ceiling.

If they do put someone new in...everyone should stop referencing it because he has no chance.

What exactly is the right 5 guy combination so that there are new people in the main event (even though Joe is a new champion and in the match only Christian has had anything resembling a run on top in the last couple years) so that you can't complain about the glass ceiling...but also big enough stars so that you can't complain about being filler?

I never complained about the "Glass ceiling" to begin with, because in reality TNA doesn't have one, they have Angle at top and that's it. But to say Robert is in the main event of a ppv is just amusing. It's not like Roode is going up against Joe one on one, he's part of a multiman match that is built around 2 other men. He's not really maineventing shit, he's basically a prop. The KOTM match is about Joe and Booker T, Roode is there because they had nothing else for him.

I forgot you were in the booking room.

Angle the only main eventer...who put Joe over clean and is no longer in the title picture, and is instead being used to elevate Styles.

Yeah...hate that.

It's like...his ego is out of control and stuff.

Sting, Christian, Joe, Booker...they're not main eventers because you don't believe they are. And of course, Roode is only in the main event because they have nothing else for him. Now...usually that would lead to a pink slip or being left off ppvs...not a sustained push up the card for the last 6 months. But...that wacky TNA... Not putting Angle and Sting in the title match and instead putting Rhino and Roode. When will they ever learn?

The Angle/Karen storyline is the biggest storyline in the company, and Kurt can't even wrestle right now.

Joe is feuding with Booker T, Booker T is feuding with Christian/Rhyno, Christina/Rhyno is feuding with 3D/Book, 3D is feuding with LAX, and everybody is somehow linked back to the Kurt/Karen storyline featuring AJ/Tomko. So yeah I think it's safe to say, Angle is the top priority.

Nash is treating Joe like a goof, and is now making Cornette look like a moron.

Sting is planting seeds for a match with The Warrior.

Chris Harris was in the KOTM last year, I believe. How did that work out for him? Probably the same way it's going to work out for Roode.

Chris Harris was in KOTM because Jarrett's wife died. It wasn't exactly like he was being pushed before the match, he was wearing an eyepatch until the month before.

As for everything else, there's no point discussing TNA with you since you're like a horse with blinders on. For the last few months every post leads back to "Joe is generic" and it looks like now we're going to get a nice dose of "Angle is the only main eventer".

I'll pass. But I'm sure everyone else will enjoy you're in depth commentary.

Chris Harris was in KOTM because Jarrett's wife died. It wasn't exactly like he was being pushed before the match, he was wearing an eyepatch until the month before.
He was also in the 1st KOTM

As for everything else, there's no point discussing TNA with you since you're like a horse with blinders on. For the last few months every post leads back to "Joe is generic" and it looks like now we're going to get a nice dose of "Angle is the only main eventer".
Nice way to cop out, because you know I'm right.

I'll pass. But I'm sure everyone else will enjoy you're in depth commentary.

I agreed with you, I said TNA doesn't have a glass ceiling. What is the problem? Like I said before you just want everybody to be "The horse with blinders on" when it comes to TNA. It's obvious Joe isn't the top guy on the show, hell he needed Christian/Rhyno to stop Booker T (who was by himself) from kicking his ass.

Jingus and HTQ rarely have anything good to post about TNA, but both bring good points to the table. Truthiness contradicts himself in an on-going campaign to be the most pissy poster I have ever read in my Internetz existence. But yeah, TNA BLINDERZ~!

Jingus and HTQ rarely have anything good to post about TNA, but both bring good points to the table. Truthiness contradicts himself in an on-going campaign to be the most pissy poster I have ever read in my Internetz existence. But yeah, TNA BLINDERZ~!

How did I contradict myself?

Pretty sure others have already gone merrily down that road. It's sorta pointless to delve into any further, because it will lead to the usual argument that goes on between you and other posters in this folder. It's not productive for anyone but the dog who enjoys chasing his own tail.

Pretty sure others have already gone merrily down that road. It's sorta pointless to delve into any further, because it will lead to the usual argument that goes on between you and other posters in this folder. It's not productive for anyone but the dog who enjoys chasing his own tail.

You're the one who said I contradicted myself, I just asked when did I do this.

I wish people wouls stop saying "They put Robert Roode in the main event" like he has a chance at winning the title. The match is about Booker and Joe, the other guys (except maybe Christian) are just filler.

I can't see how your making Roode in the main event to be a small thing. As I said, the guy has been trying to get over for 5 years now and has had some fairly decent fueds and now it's time to move him up into the main event slot. But they're giving it a slow burn by not thrusting him into a 1 on 1 match with like they did with Joe. This is Roode's chance to shine, to prove that he can hang with the big boys. Does he have a chance of winning? Of course not. Neither did Harris and he was the stand out star in last years KoTM.

I can't see how your making Roode in the main event to be a small thing. As I said, the guy has been trying to get over for 5 years now and has had some fairly decent fueds and now it's time to move him up into the main event slot. But they're giving it a slow burn by not thrusting him into a 1 on 1 match with like they did with Joe. This is Roode's chance to shine, to prove that he can hang with the big boys. Does he have a chance of winning? Of course not. Neither did Harris and he was the stand out star in last years KoTM.

'Where is Harris now?

I have no problem with Roode being in the KOTM. All I'm saying is that people keep saying he's getting a main event push, when it's obvious he is not. They just put him in the KOTM because they had nothing else for him.

Harris leaving the company was TNA's fault, they didn't capaltlise on his overness. He had one fued with Christian then dropped to a shit fued with Black Reign, then turned heel for no reason then left. The KotM match should have been huge for him, if TNA don't make the same mistakes, the KoTM should be huge for Roode too.

I like the segments with Awesome Kong beating up the fans. They've made her into a very credible monster heel and a very solid women's champ.

Jim Cornette going from one extreme to the other regarding the angle=ratings. He's showing to be more interested in the bottom line for TNA which is ultimately working out very well. His decisions might screw over some wrestlers but it's more for the Benjamins than it is to hose so-and-so.

I'll be very interested to see where the Kevin Nash enforcer angle goes. I wouldn't be surprised if he joins up down the road with Booker T and Team 3D.

I can't help but wonder how better off TNA would be if they would just fire Eric Young and Robert Roode outright. Them both getting television time is a travesty. Especially the amount they get.

They're both best buddies with D'Amore and Jarrett. They are safe as houses in TNA.

Was Roode even on the show thursday?

I don't know, I didn't watch it.

I like Roode, he's not a bad worker and a good hell. And Eric is a good midcard comedy character. I don't see a problem with either of them.