TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cd213

Impact Spoilers for 6/5/08

I got these quick spoilers from Gerwerck.net

(1) Christian Cage & Rhino d. Booker T & Robert Roode on a DQ due to a run in from Team 3D.

(2) ODB d. Velvet Sky in a street fight. Angelina Love attacked ODB which led to Gail Kim and Roxxi making the save. A new unknown Knockout debuted and helped Sky and Love.

(3) Kaz won a five man King of the Mountain match. The match also featured Chris Sabin, Johnny Devine, Jimmy Rave and Curry Man.

(4) Awesome Kong d. Daffney.

(5) LAX & Matt Morgan d. James Storm, Kip James and Lance Hoyt.

(6) AJ Styles d. Tomko. After the match tons of people got involved a brawl broke out that led to Kevin Nash "accidentally" hitting Samoa Joe with a chair.

Problems: They had a KOTM match what would be 3 days before a KOTM match? And what were they hanging on the hook?

Robert Roode and Booker T teaming makes the baby Jesus cry. Even if they had a backstage promo from Booker explaining it...I'm not buying that he's forgiven Roode for hurting his wife.

It sounds like the 2 weeks of spoilers amount to Styles keeps coming at the bad guys despite the odds being stacked against him. I like that, at least.

and YEAH! The beautiful people!

(6) AJ Styles d. Tomko. After the match tons of people got involved a brawl broke out that led to Kevin Nash "accidentally" hitting Samoa Joe with a chair.

This is just, dumb. I'm not one to complain about big matches on free TV and I don't think Tomko losing to AJ is a bad thing, but Tomko/Styles should've been a co main event on the next ppv or something.

I'm waiting until the more indepth spoilers come out, but I'm sure it really isn't a KOTM match. Actually, I wouldn't be upset if they one year had the X-Division title up for grabs in a KOTM match.

I'm waiting until the more indepth spoilers come out, but I'm sure it really isn't a KOTM match.

Why? It's not like it would be the first time TNA have done something like this, putting a gimmick match on free TV days before people are meant to pay to see the exact same match.

Daffney.

. . .

...godDAMNit, they found the ONE way to GUARANTEE that I'll actually watch their stupid show EVERY fucking week.

I'm waiting until the more indepth spoilers come out, but I'm sure it really isn't a KOTM match.

Why? It's not like it would be the first time TNA have done something like this, putting a gimmick match on free TV days before people are meant to pay to see the exact same match.

I don't see the problem if it is an actual KOTM match. It's not like it's a cage match or something where the gimmick is the draw. I serious doubt anyone out there is going "Oh snap, they're having a King of the Mountain match at Slammiversary! I gotta see that!". If they're paying based on just the Main Event, then it would be to see Samoa Joe retain or hope he loses it, depending on how you feel about the guy. Personally, I think giving a little KOTM preview with X guys is a good idea, because it makes the concept a little clearer for those who've never seen a KOTM before (like myself). And if the match turns out to be good, then the "drawing power" (note the parenthesis) of the KOTM match itself increases. But like I said, I don't think people are paying for Slammiversary because of the KOTM match itself, but are instead paying for it based on the characters involved.

Daffney.

. . .

...godDAMNit, they found the ONE way to GUARANTEE that I'll actually watch their stupid show EVERY fucking week.

Nope, hold on, they found a way to fuck it up. From a different set of spoilers:

For the fan challenge they did this deal where JB pulled out three women from the crowd and mentioned how they looked familiar to him. The women were Daffney, Amber O'Neal and some other girl who said she was from NYC and was trained by Homicide.

Daffney as a fan plant? :huh: :o :unsure: :blink: :wacko: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hey, I found something which could actually make me give a shit about the Beautiful People? The fuckin' worthless Observer spoilers didn't include the new Knockout's identity, but I've seen this posted at some other sites:

Tonight at the TNA Impact tapings, a new Knockout debuted and joined up with The Beautiful People (Angelina Love and Velvet Sky.) The lady that made her debut was IWA Mid-South star Mickie Knuckles. Knuckles was trained by Ian Rotten, and has won the IWA Queen of the Death Match tournament.

Holy shit, I wasn't expecting that one. I don't see how a chubby redneck like Mickie fits in with the After Midnight Express, maybe she's their paid servant and they mistreat her and stuff? Bizarrely, the last time I saw Roxxi was when I refereed a match with her and Mickie.

WANT MICKIE KNUCKLES VS. AWESOME KONG. WANT NOW. (And please keep Daffney around and bring back Daizee Haze and let Cheerleader Melissa ditch the burkha and maybe consider hiring MsChif... god, how can I be so excited for a fucking TNA division?!)

Jingus, to answer your (rhetorical) question, the Knockouts division is quite good. It's the X Division circa 2002: something so unique and interesting, it compensates for an otherwise lackluster show.

Yeah, I know. Part of it is apparently Scott D'Amore, who's like a mini-Finlay when it comes to working with the women and knowing how to get the most out of them as their agent. And whoever's in charge of deciding which girls to hire has more intelligence than anyone else in the office. But even their written storylines seem like they're a bit better than the rest of the company. Some standard Russocity creeps in there at times, overabundance of stipulation matches and some crude gimmicks, but they seem to be spared the soap opera, crash-tv idiocy which plagues the rest of the company. No nonsensical swerves on a weekly basis, no Tag Partners Who Hate Each Other bullshit, no Abyss-type storylines which just make you want to shoot someone in the back three times. It's mostly just "Chick #1 wants to beat up Chick #2" and that simplicity is beyond refreshing. It's almost like its own separate and superior wrestling show at times. Why can't the whole company be like this?

A damn good question. The more I know about D'Amore, the more I think he'd be a good head booker. The Knockouts are so entertaining and mostly no-nonsense like you said. And didn't he have the book in the summer of '05? That stretch when TNA had no TV and was doing Impact online was the best three-month stretch in the company history.

I think he had it a little longer than that, but I don't remember exactly who was in charge when, you had a revolving-door committee with D'Amore, Mantel, Dusty, Jarrett, Russo, and maybe some others I'm forgetting. I think the Team Canada storylines were also his baby, so it's not like the guy is always good. But still, yeah, he seems to understand the basic fundamentals of no-bullshit wrestling better than the others.

And didn't he have the book in the summer of '05? That stretch when TNA had no TV and was doing Impact online was the best three-month stretch in the company history.

The difference with Impact then and now is that because they were only on the internet, Impact didn't have a whole lot of 'creative' storylines, things were kept simple, and major angles were put off because they wanted to wait until they were back in TV; witness the sloooow burning tease of the reuniting of the New Age Outlaws. Within such limitations, D'Amore was very good at putting out a product that was well received. The problem, however, is that they would be unable to work to those limitations because they are on television. Either the Spike would want TNA to jazz things up, or TNA would be unable to reign themselves in.

Daffney.

. . .

Woulda been better if they brought her in as Shark Girl.

Hey, I found something which could actually make me give a shit about the Beautiful People? The fuckin' worthless Observer spoilers didn't include the new Knockout's identity, but I've seen this posted at some other sites:

Tonight at the TNA Impact tapings, a new Knockout debuted and joined up with The Beautiful People (Angelina Love and Velvet Sky.) The lady that made her debut was IWA Mid-South star Mickie Knuckles. Knuckles was trained by Ian Rotten, and has won the IWA Queen of the Death Match tournament.

Holy shit, I wasn't expecting that one. I don't see how a chubby redneck like Mickie fits in with the After Midnight Express, maybe she's their paid servant and they mistreat her and stuff? Bizarrely, the last time I saw Roxxi was when I refereed a match with her and Mickie.

WANT MICKIE KNUCKLES VS. AWESOME KONG. WANT NOW. (And please keep Daffney around and bring back Daizee Haze and let Cheerleader Melissa ditch the burkha and maybe consider hiring MsChif... god, how can I be so excited for a fucking TNA division?!)

I love me some Mickie Knuckles. Hoyl crap, I didn't expect that. I remember reading a while back that SHIMMER and TNA had come to an agreement about using talent. That can only be a good thing!

D'Amore is a decent booker I have a feeling when he isn't on TV himself or booking his boys. Know what I mean? Cause the Team Canada stuff was all pretty much trash and I truly detested his awful on screen persona.

I sense the hand of Dutch Mantell in the women's booking. Don't ask me why exactly, maybe it's the Memphis style head shaving and such.

He's had something to do with it, but I don't know how much. One actual Mantel quote I was told by an employee, from when they first started pushing the Knockouts division: "I don't know what to do with all these corn-fed bitches!"

I've had her elbow upside my head. No, mess with her you should not.

::curious, goes to look at Wiki page::

Um, I'm pretty sure that picture on her page isn't her. Unless she's REALLY changed over the past year. Also, she taught her own creative writing class in high school and participated in national singing competitions?! :wub:

I think it was a Best of IWA's Bloodiest Matches or something, but a really young upstart Mickie was in a match on that tape and it was easily one of the most brutal, stiff, and bloody women's match I've ever seen, I believe it was a glass taped fists match and it was just sick. So she can definately work a hardcore style, there is no doubt about it.

On the flip side, this is probably a bad example, but I saw her in a recent WXW match and she looked like shit, keep in mind this was just a standard match, and it may have had more to do with her opponent.

I've only seen her in those two matches so I can't really comment if she can work a truly solid match without gimmicks.

She can work a regular match, but doing either strong style or hardcore is her forte. She's a little limited in what she can do if she gets in there with a girl that isn't willing to bleed or take forearm shots that feel like bricks. Not like New Jack limited, but kind of a Balls Mahoney type where it's just not her specialty.

I was glad to see Steiner back on Impact tonight....I missed him and his crazed promos. This time he got to badmouth Kaz, which is hilarious considering the last match he had involved Kaz and Steiner was the one who jobbed in it.