TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RepoMan

ECW on Sci-Fi 5.27.08

And Then There Were Five

Last week’s ECW proved to be a whirlwind of announcements, upsets, and explosive interruptions.

At the top of the broadcast, ECW General Manager Armando Estrada announced a Singapore Cane Match for One Night Stand, pitting former ECW Champions John Morrison, CM Punk, Chavo Guerrero and Tommy Dreamer against each other. During a pay-per-view preview Tag Team Match involving the four Superstars, former ECW Champion Big Show suddenly smashed his way through the four Superstars and into One Night Stand. Will Big Show create more havoc in the Land of The Extreme leading up to Out Night Stand?

Colin Delaney earned his second victory, with the help of his tag team partner Kelly Kelly. But, his luck ran out at the bell when Estrada reemerged to give the newest ECW Superstar his second consecutive extreme beat down. Will Delaney have the inner strength to continue? How many of Estrada’s attacks will he have to endure?

WWE Tag Team Champion The Miz set out to show that even though he was not a former ECW Champion, he was still a force to be reckoned with when he defeated ECW Champion Kane by disqualification. What affect will this have on the Big Red Machine?

Find out on ECW on Sci.Fi, Tuesday at 10/9 CT.

Looks like they're showing clips from each of the ECW title victories. And still no footage of Dreamer beating Taz in 2000.

Did anything ever happen with the Adamle storyline they were doing? After he walked out, the only thing I remember was him showing up on Raw one week, and now he still just makes bad jokes, but with more... confidence.

Looks like they're showing clips from each of the ECW title victories. And still no footage of Dreamer beating Taz in 2000.

Jesus. Vince will die before he ever unearths that match.

Did anything ever happen with the Adamle storyline they were doing? After he walked out, the only thing I remember was him showing up on Raw one week, and now he still just makes bad jokes, but with more... confidence.

mib1.gif

The irony of posting the preceding image is rich. It should happen again. It must.

Oh shit...Vince is dead! :o

Oh shit...Vince is dead! :o

I meant the match. The post-match shit appeared on the Rise and Fall DVD years ago. And on ECW TV.

It's cool that the crowd is hot tonight, but it always pisses me off when Chavo gets heat for doing some of Eddie's moves. Glad Chavo got the pinfall tonight.

So what happened on ECW tonight? Don't get it over here for a few days.

The same shit that happened last week and will happen next week.

You know, watching that Vengeance flashback, it just now occurred to me why they are doing away with the Vengeance name (double homicide/suicide shit from last year).

So what happened on ECW tonight? Don't get it over here for a few days.

Big Show pins Dreamer

Kofi Kingson pins Mike Know, Shelton beats down Kofi post match

Chavo pins CM Punk.

Main event.

Miz and Morison lose vis DQ after double teaming Kane. Clusterfuck brawl with the 5 Singapore Cane match participants plus Miz. Big Show/Kane stare down to end.

So...when ECW becomes a part of the Raw shows...perhaps Vince will be giving out money to the fan that can correctly guess the next midcarder that CM Punk can defeat.

or the next fan that can spell ECW...

The finish of the match was shown on the April 28, 2000 edition of ECW on TNN. Paul Heyman was not allowed to show the entire match and no footage of Tazz was to appear on the ECW Cyberslam 2000 home video.

Weird how they dubbed it over, acting like John Morrison was known as John Morrison when he won the title

And there is no need to do so since his name change was storylined.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

The finish of the match was shown on the April 28, 2000 edition of ECW on TNN. Paul Heyman was not allowed to show the entire match and no footage of Tazz was to appear on the ECW Cyberslam 2000 home video.

Actually, I don't believe any footage of the match was shown on ECW on TNN. IIRC, the only footage shown on TNN was Taz putting over Dreamer on the mic and handing the belt over before Dreamer gave his speech and you know the rest of the story.

But now Vince owns the footage and Taz is retired. There's no reason the finish couldn't have been shown tonight.

Actually, I don't believe any footage of the match was shown on ECW on TNN. IIRC, the only footage shown on TNN was Taz putting over Dreamer on the mic and handing the belt over before Dreamer gave his speech and you know the rest of the story.

Ug, I know Dreamer losing the belt immediately made sense for his character, but it surprises me Paul E. really thought Justin Credible could get over as the company's top heel.

Ug, I know Dreamer losing the belt immediately made sense for his character, but it surprises me Paul E. really thought Justin Credible could get over as the company's top heel.

I think it was more that he had no other options.

Does anyone know why, ever since WWE.com switched to Silverlight, the ECW X-Stream cuts off about 30-60 seconds early?