TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

October 92 SNME

It also had Tatanka vs. Giant Gonzalez on it.

Not that this improves anything about the match, but Giant Gonzalez actually wrestled Virgil. I'm sure it was every bit as bad as I remember.

Eh? You mean on that March 1993 house show at Louisville Gardens? I am pretty sure it was Gonzalez vs. Tatanka because I seem to remember wondering if Gonzalez could end Tatanka's streak. Where can I find the match results for that card?

According to Cawthon's site, Alro is right...

WWF @ Louisville, KY - Louisville Gardens - March 6, 1993 (4,200)

Terry Taylor defeated Reno Riggins

Damien Demento defeated Jim Powers

Doink the Clown defeated Tito Santana

Giant Gonzalez defeated Virgil

Crush defeated Skinner

Jerry Saggs defeated WWF Tag Team Champion IRS

Mr. Perfect defeated Papa Shango

WWF World Champion Bret Hart pinned Bam Bam Bigelow

Hmm....odd. What is the web address for the site with all those results? I'd like to check that out. To be honest that March 1993 card wasn't very memorable (as you can tell by those results). The Nov. 1994 house show I went to was way more notable, since the main was Yoko vs. UT in a casket match, with an IC title match of Owen/Razor (with a Dusty Finish), Luger and Tatanka going to a double countout, IRS over The Kid, and the Heavenly Bodies over the Smoking Gunns. There was also a contest in the ring during intermission over who could do the best Paul Bearer impersonation, and during this I walked past either Earl or Dave Hebner on the way to the bathroom.

As a side note I will say that the Gardens was sold out for all of these shows, but was NOT sold out for a July 1995 Raw taping. That show was the night after a PPV too.

I took a look and they didn't have any results for Oct. 6, 1994 in Louisville. Ah well, it was the same show as most of the same house shows of that time period with UT vs. Yoko in the casket match. I was shocked that the USWA was drawing roughly the same type of crowds in 1993 as the WWF, but I don't think they were charging all that much money.

I took a look and they didn't have any results for Oct. 6, 1994 in Louisville. Ah well, it was the same show as most of the same house shows of that time period with UT vs. Yoko in the casket match. I was shocked that the USWA was drawing roughly the same type of crowds in 1993 as the WWF, but I don't think they were charging all that much money.

You can forward any information that you have about that event to Graham Cawthorn at [email protected]. He will gladly list whatever you can remember about the show (even if it's only the main event).

My contribution to the site:

WWF @ Champaign, IL - Assembly Hall - November 28, 1992

Jim Duggan vs. Razor Ramon did not take place as scheduled due to Duggan missing his flight

Tito Santana defeated an unknown

The Headshrinkers defeated the Natural Disasters

Damien Demento defeated Virgil

Tatanka defeated Papa Shango

WWF World Champion Bret Hart defeated Ric Flair

WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels defeated Marty Jannetty

ok so when did this air, cuz the 24/7 description on my cable on demand section says its 11/14/92, but when you played the video it says october 29, 92. I'm guessing this was taped oct 29 and aired 11/14.

the reason I ask is cuz I could swear I remember this show aired in november. I only want to know so I can properly label the dvd I made of it.

It aired in November. Without reading any dates or seeing the show on 24/7 (they never got it here) my memory was that it aired in October, but I was wrong. I swear they had more than one week's build-up on Update ("from the pages of World Wrestling Federation magazine...") of advertising it as champion vs. champion at Survivor Series with only Bret's title on the line, but that's probably because in 1992 I would watch the same update about 4 times (Superstars on the Detroit CBS, two different Canadian shows on CHCH from Hamilton that were basically Superstars and Challenge but with Billy Red Lyons doing live event updates - don't ya dare miss it - and different openings and show titles) and then Challenge Sunday morning on the Detroit FOX.

I don't think I'd seen this since it first aired.

- The canned heat is ridiculous. I was thinking how crazy the fans were going for the opener and then my friend made a comment about how the crowd was barely moving despite the frantic noises.

- I loved the Million Dollar Man and thought IRS was a good, if not steady gimmick. But I hated Money Inc. then and I still do. They were like the Honky Tonk Man of the tag team division.

- Papa Shango moves in slow motion.

- The Brain's political jabs really date the show.

Wrestling-wise, DBS/Michaels is the only match worth a damn, but it's a great little match. The rest is just there, which conveys my feelings on the company at this time. The first half of 1992 WWF is some of my favorite wrestling ever, but the quality steadily declines late in the summer and doesn't stop for the next three years.

I think Money Inc. was a good team but they were thrown together and given the title with very little build. One week, I seem them teaming for the first time on Superstars and the next, they've defeated LOD at an untelevised house show to win the titles.

This all began a string a untelevised world tag team title changes at house shows. Two of Money Inc's tag team title victores were at untelevised house shows and the first loss and second title reign was shown in highlights from a TV taping. Maybe this is why some didn't think they worked as a team.

This all began a string a untelevised world tag team title changes at house shows. Two of Money Inc's tag team title victores were at untelevised house shows and the first loss and second title reign was shown in highlights from a TV taping. Maybe this is why some didn't think they worked as a team.

Yeah, that's right. From the Legion of Doom's tag team title victory at Summer Slam '91 until the Quebecers def. the Steiners on RAW (stupid Canadian rules match) just over two years later, there was a grand total of one tag team title change (out of six) that was televised (Money Inc. over Natural Disasters, Oct. 92). The rest of those were just announced on Wrestling Challenge or Superstars.

Years ago I found a tape with that title change - it seemed to be 10 minutes of DiBiase and IRS swapping in and out to put Typhoon in a sleeper before he passed out to the Dream. Exciting stuff.

Yeah, that's right. From the Legion of Doom's tag team title victory at Summer Slam '91 until the Quebecers def. the Steiners on RAW (stupid Canadian rules match) just over two years later, there was a grand total of one tag team title change (out of six) that was televised (Money Inc. over Natural Disasters, Oct. 92). The rest of those were just announced on Wrestling Challenge or Superstars.

Exactly. It goes even further than that...

-After Jannetty and Kid win the belts at Raw. they lose it a week later at MSG. Highlights from the end of the match are shown. The Quebeccers then lose the belts to Men on a Mission during a European tour only to regain them two days later. The Headshrinkers win the titles from them on Raw and lose them to HBK and Diesel on a house show the night before Summerslam 94.

Years ago I found a tape with that title change - it seemed to be 10 minutes of DiBiase and IRS swapping in and out to put Typhoon in a sleeper before he passed out to the Dream. Exciting stuff.

That was a bizarre segment:

- Nasty Boys turn face beating up Money Inc before the match

- Disasters look like pricks for taking advantage of Money Inc

- Headshrinkers saunter in and out for no apparent reason

- No hot tag, Money Inc just win the titles w/ the Million Dollar Dream

- And of course the Nasties chuck Jimmy into the new champs. I mention this since they drug Heenan off the platform prompting Monsoon to note "I've been trying to do that for six years"

Small clarification, it was Earthquake who fell to the hold.

I can't remember what tape it was on, but that was definately on a Coliseum Video release. I want to say 1992 Year In Review. Anyway, I remember it really well because I was so shocked somebody actually lost to the Million $ Dream on first viewing. That just didn't happen. Especially a guy like Earthquake. I'm pretty sure he either got nailed with the briefcase or ran into the ringpost beforehand, so of course it wasn't clean, but still.