TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Venture Bros. Season 3

It's not until Sunday at 11:30, but Season 3 of The Venture Bros. is upon us. So, what is the show? In short: It's a show on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. Oh, and It's one of the best things on TV today. If you want to know more, check out:

The Mantis-Eye Experiment-The only good fan site available.

Adult Swim's Site

Jackson Publick's Livejournal.

The Venture Bros. Wiki

The Season 3 Trailer-With "The Nozzle" and the best G.I. Joe parody ever.

So yeah, here we talk about season 3, and all things Venture related.

So cannot wait for this, despite not actually having cable.

My buddy downloaded seasons 1 and 2 a little while back on my recommendation; I watched the show now and again when I had cable, but I never really remembered when it was on so I'd always miss parts.

I never appreciated just how fucking clever the show is until I sat down and watched it in order. Holy BALLS.

The new episode is up on the fix.

Things that still need to be revealed having not seen the first episode of the new season yet:

-what Dr. Girlfriend said

-how the original Dr. Venture died

-why The Monarch hates Dr. Venture, my guess is something in college

-anything about Dr. Venture's mom

-King Gorilla never dies as far as I remember so i hope he shows

thats all I can come up with now, but i'm freaking pumped for season 3

New season starts in 30 minutes.

Look, if this is going to be the place we put every quoteable line from season three, it's likely going to be quite a thread!

"Joseph and his Amazing Technicolor Nightmare Coat" had me laughing for 40 seconds.

Also, "Midgitlers."

SOOOO glad they didn't kill off Phantom Limb. He's such a pimp bastard, so great!

I wonder who, if anyone, will be the Ventures' foil this year. I heard that this year was going to be focused on the Monarch, though. And lacking in Underbheit

That's not really a spoiler, more like vague rumor.

And yeah, probably not much Underbheit. On the commentaries, the writers repeatedly bitch about him and how much they hate writing episodes around him. I was kinda surprised however that in the entire season premier, we didn't even see anyone actually named Venture.

"I call them vench-men. Get it? Like, Venture, and..."

"yeah, I get it."

Great episode, Hilarious (I never expected to see a Happy Mondays reference on a TV show) with plenty of character development. Plus, any villain based on Henry Kissinger is great.

"Your powers can not touch me, silly billy"

No more Stinkin' Thinkin', you guys.

Shit, what were the four names on the four mummies, was the fourth one Dilly Dallying? The first two were Fear and something else...

I really enjoyed the episode, but it seems like it was kind of rushed; some things weren't very well explained. Killinger had a way bigger job to do than just helping Monarch get back on track...

Although the best part was the

super villain tease, by far.

However, it seems he'd be far more natural as one than a good guy. He made a death ray that can melt a city, he made Venturestein and was seeking to make more undead folks to use as soldiers-for-sale/human bombs, and used an *orphan heart* to power his Joy Can.

Maybe it was a bigger job, Andrew, but we currently do not know the limits of Killinger. Except he was not able to reunite Myra and Dr. Venture.

But we can't say for sure where they go with this. Maybe he WILL be a super villian. This is the show that has had more face / heel turns than you can count, along with killing off the main characters ;)

I'll never understand region blocking for this kind of shit. What's the point of the internet if I can't view it in other countries??

I feel your pain.

And cure it.

Alluc.org

It's under cartoons somewhere. But Season 3 Episode one is in the main folder of the show, not the season 3 one for some reason.

Holy shit, that was a great episode.

"Steve was our other guy on the inside. Code name: Pussyface."

"Is that why he killed himself?"

"Oh yea? Well, the Village People called, and they want you to go fucking kill yourself, you prancing bastard!"

Also,

Nguyen Ngoc reference!

So unless I'm missing something, we've seen all the episodes that the trailer contained except for the Pirate Ghost Captain explaining about being a masked villian.

"Now I look like Johnny Depp!"

"Yaaaaaay!!"