TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jorge Gorgeous

The NFL All-Time Draft.

Oh I don't care one way or another, I saw that people had said they wanted only 12, but then a lot of people signed up too.

I am happy either way, I like a bigger number because I like that people have to dig deeper (I can legitamately say there are 4 guys in the NBA draft I never heard of). But the waiting in some (cough, NHL , does suck.)

I don't really have a problem with 20, I'm just looking at other drafts and hoping we can move things along with 20 people, especially when we get to the later rounds. Of course, as I said in the movie draft thread, where are we all going, anyway?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

This is going to last until the season starts if we have over 20 people involved. Here's a compromise: Miss three picks in a row and you're out.

I think 20 is ok if you do O-lines as a group and keep the focus on drafting skill positions, but if we're going to do them individually, then we should cut the number down, or do the 2/12 thing because this thing would drag horribly in the later rounds otherwise.

Alright! I'm situated. Let's start this thing. I'll update the first post with draft order, and rules, in just a moment. The miss three picks and you're out thing is law! If that happens, your players will be released back into the pool, and somebody gets lucky. Linemen will be drafted individually. So, let's fuck this duck, shall we?

Fuck it... I know who I'm going to pick.

With the 1st overall pick, I select...

brown-jim-cvb-1.jpg

Jim Brown

9x Pro Bowl selection (1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965)

9x All-Pro selection (1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965)

NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team

NFL 1960s All-Decade Team

3x NFL MVP (1957, 1958, 1965)

3x UPI NFL MVP (1958, 1963, 1965)

3x Pro Bowl MVP (1961, 1962, 1965)

In the opinions of many, he was the greatest football player of all time. He was a beast RB, and his career 5.0 YPA will likely never be beaten... The perfect player to build a team around.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I'm going to update the sports page with the next in line in draft order in the thread subtitle. Other mods, keep this up too.

Sorry about the delay, didn't realize this was getting up and going tonight.

With the 2nd pick, I select:

post-2806-1212296364_thumb.jpg

Jerry Rice/WR

10 time NFL All-Pro

13 Time Pro Bowler

#1 All-Time in Career Receiving Yards, Receptions, Touchdowns

Guest Tzar Lysergic

There was my number 1. Logic: He's better than anyone else at his given position by the largest margin. Greatest RB or QB? There are all kinds of arguments than can be made for many players. With wide receivers, there's Jerry Rice and then everyone else. Tremendous pick, Gert.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Hey, am I on that list twice? There are listings for both "Tzar" and "Agent."

Can you update the first post with what our final roster should look like?

Given 30 rounds I'd assume...

- 2 QB

- 2 RB

- 3 WR

- 1 TE

- 5 OL

- 3/4 DL

- 4/3 LB

- 2 CB

- 2 S

- 1 K

- 1 P

- KR/PR

Well, that's only 27.

lol, yeah. You better make the most out of your picks.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I don't think there should be any rigid rules to the offensive lineup. We could pick a singleback set, 2 WR/2 TE. Single with three wides and an end. RB/FB/TE/2 WR...leave it open. Makes it more interesting.

There was my number 1. Logic: He's better than anyone else at his given position by the largest margin. Greatest RB or QB? There are all kinds of arguments than can be made for many players. With wide receivers, there's Jerry Rice and then everyone else. Tremendous pick, Gert.

Yeah QB's were spots I was thinking of, but you're right, Rice is clearly head and shoulders above other WR's.

Hah, I was just going off of the list someone posted earler. Do you want the earlier pick or the later one?

I lost out on Jim Brown, but fortunately for me there is another top running back available who many say is an even more complete back than Brown and a fantastic leader. He's the guy who broke most of Jim Brown's rushing records and an incredibly 'sweet' building block for a championship team.

payton1.jpg

RB Walter Payton

Career Stats

Rushing Yards 16,726

Average 4.4

Touchdowns 110

Stats at NFL.com

Career Highlights and Awards

* 9x Pro Bowl selection (1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986)

* 9x All-Pro selection (1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986)

* 1977 NFL MVP

* 1977 PFWA NFL MVP

* 1977 NEA NFL MVP

* 1985 UPI NFC Player of the Year

* 1977 UPI NFC Player of the Year

* 1977 Bert Bell Award

* 1978 Pro Bowl MVP

* Super Bowl XX Champion

I would have taken Rice had been available even though I firmly believe that the best teams build around a strong runner. Payton was simply too good to pass up at this spot, even though it kills me inside to take a Chicago Bear with my first pick. Now with three of my top four picks that I mentioned earlier going in order, I'm curious when #4 goes.

This may be a bit of a reach, but there is no other man that I want running my offense. Probably the smartest player in the history of the game. This guy puts up monster stats each year and is consistently winning 10-13 games every year. May end up going down as the best to ever play the game at his position. With the number 4 pick of the NFL All Time Draft, I select QB Peyton Manning

peyton-manning.jpg

Current NFL Stats: TD-INT 306-153

Passing yards 41,626

QB Rating 94.7

# 8x Pro Bowl selection (1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007)

# 6x All-Pro selection (1999, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)

# 2x AP NFL MVP (2003, 2004)

# Pro Bowl MVP (2005)

# Super Bowl MVP (XLI)

This draft is going to be deep. I am glad that Walter Payton is being recognized somewhat with a 3rd overall pick in an all time draft. I am also shocked I will be landing either the best QB or the best RB in history, pending the person picking next's selection. Just wow.