TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jorge Gorgeous

The NFL All-Time Draft.

Guest Vitamin X

Alright, this is just to point out that as of now, I am going to start counting missed picks. I have the missing picks "ticker" up in the topic title, so anyone could look at the Sports page and see if they need to pick quick or not. Hopefully, and I really mean HOPEFULLY everyone is sending out PMs to the next guy picking. If not, I will start messaging people. As of right now, I have CanadianBrandon with 2 picks since last round, along with nogoodnick who has missed 1. I'm not going to count Steve Wherli as a missed pick, although maybe I should, and I'm not going to count Agent's missed pick(s) since he is on vacation.

Speaking of which, if either Jorge or Edwin could forward me his list, I'll be more than happy to make his picks. So again,

Missed picks:

CanadianBrandon - 2 (counting his miss last round as well)

nogoodnick - 1

This means that if you MISS your pick entirely 3 times, you're out. It says this explicitly in the first post, and there's a lot of lagging going on with this. Brandon's a dude who I've rarely seen in the Sports folder before and so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't check very often, and as far as I know, he didn't PM a list of picks to anyone else so sorry dude, if you miss one more, your picks are going to have to be released back into the player pool. Then maybe nogoodnick can take Steve Wherli!

EDIT: I'll let Fokai take over the next team who drops, but that would only happen if CB misses another pick.

I'm here with a couple of picks.

First of all, Gert T takes Paul Brown who is the guy I mentioned earlier (I would have passed on Shula if I knew I could get Brown here).

89e5a0e001d481a3d4c026820592dcff.jpg

For my pick, I want a hard hitting bastard in my secondary to go with my coverage guy in Bailey. I just happened to find what I want in Bailey's teammate. If I can't beat all of these excellent WRs, at least I can beat them up.

p1_lynchcraigjones.jpg

S John Lynch

* 4x Associated Press All-Pro (1999-2002)

* 9x Pro Bowl selection (1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007)

* Super Bowl champion (XXXVII)

Sorry JTCE, I didn't see you there and I'm under a bit of a time crunch and the time limit had expired. I'm at work, so I'll be back at lunch. Hopefully I didn't grab who you wanted.

Gene Hickerson, Guard

8273.a.jpg

6x Pro Bowl selection (1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970)

7x All-Pro selection (1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970)

NFL 1960s All-Decade Team

Has blocked Jim Brown in the past, plus he has been overlooked... I'd take him over the majority of the guards that have been taken.

LeRoy Butler, Safety

leroybutler.jpg

4x Pro Bowl selection (1993, 1996, 1997, 1998)

4x All-Pro selection (1993, 1996, 1997, 1998)

1x Super Bowl champion (XXXI)

NFL 1990s All-Decade Team

20/20 Club

One of the best safetys I've ever watched play... Glad he dropped to me.

Guest Vitamin X

Alright, so Fokai is officially taking over for CanadianBrandon in this case, he also sent me a PM about it (Brandon). I just let Fokai know about it, and so he's next on the board with 8 hours to make two picks starting now.

Also, damn EHME for taking one of my favorite players ever. Dude was in a wheelchair in high school and overcame his physical disability to become an amazing NFL safety and be a vital piece of a Super Bowl winning defense.

I need a sack machine, and here he is...

neilsmith.jpg

Defensive end - Neil Smith.

Twelve seasons.

105 sacks.

12 fumble recoveries.

4 INT's.

6 Pro Bowls.

NFL 1990s All-Decade Team.

Guest Vitamin X

Wait, nevermind.

Also, EHME was charged with missing a pick (I'm only counting it as one pick since it pretty much is). I should also clarify that the way I'm going to charge missing picks is only going to be when the next person picks after the time limit. I figure this might give a little bit of incentive for everyone to watch the time limits as well; if you're 3 picks ahead and it's been a full 24 hours since a pick has been made (and there's been no downtime or anything) then you just make a pick and you'll hit all 3 people behind you with a strike. I think that adds a bit of fun and competition to this whole draft business. Let's keep it rolling with Bored.

munchak_nom_bio.jpg

Mike Munchak, Guard

Houston Oilers 1982-1993

Hall of Fame - 2001

9-time Pro Bowl selection

2-time 1st Team All-Pro

1980's NFL All-Decade Team

Continuing to build the offensive line:

BrownBoomer-Raiders.jpg

Bob Brown, OT

Pro Bowls: 1966, 1967, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972

All-NFL: 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972

NFL 1960s All-Decade Team

College Football Hall of Fame

Pro Football Hall of Fame, 2004

Anyone who can say this is welcome to play on my team any day:

I beat on people from the opening kickoff. I want to see results in the fourth quarter. I don’t want them to have as much left. I want them to not be sure they want to keep coming. I try to take a toll on them.

Bryant Young shall be my first defensive tackle.

Bryant-Young-Photograph-C12487590.jpeg

* 4x Pro Bowl selection (1996, 1999, 2001, 2002)

* Super Bowl champion (XXIX)

* NFL 1990s All-Decade Team

* 1994 UPI NFL-NFC Rookie of the Year

* 1999 NFL Comeback Player of the Year

200px-Stautner.jpg

DT Ernie Stautner

9 Pro Bowls

10 All Pros

2 Super Bowls

NFL 1950's All-Decade Team

Edit: Hmm, I may have to move him to DE or Reggie to DT due to the pretty significant size difference. I'll decide once I assemble my full line, I guess.

Guest Vitamin X

Ok, so Broward is on the missed pick board right now with 1. I've been circling this pick like a hawk all day today, not that I think anyone outside of maybe CanadianChris might take him soon...

randygradishar.jpg

LB Randy Gradishar

6'3", 233 lbs.

Sacks 20.5

Interceptions 20

Tackles 2,049

* 7x Pro Bowl selection (1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1981, 1982, 1983)

* 8x All-Pro selection (1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983)

* 7x All-AFC selection (1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1981, 1982, 1983)

* 1978 NFL Defensive Player of the Year

* 2x Denver Broncos MVP (1978, 1980)

* 2x All-American (1972, 1973)

* Denver Broncos Ring of Fame

* Ohio State Varsity Hall of Fame

* Ohio State Football All-Century Team

The leader of the famed "Orange Crush" defense, I get to add another member of the 20/20 Club to my defense which already includes Rodney Harrison (who's actually the only member of the 30/30 club) and Ted Hendricks. Gradishar gives me the flexibility to operate either a 4-3 or a 3-4, since he played in both of those systems and excelled. Woody Hayes called Gradishar the best linebacker he ever coached, and that's saying quite a bit. He's considered to be the best defensive player in Broncos history (and that's also saying quite a bit considering the other Broncs that have been taken), and well, here's a quick rundown from Wikipedia:

*Randy Gradishar was called, "the heart and soul of the original Orange Crush defense. He was the centerpiece of Joe Collier's 3-4 and the glue that held a ragtag bunch of degenerates and hand-me-downs (I mean that in a good way) together." Pro Football Weekly's personnel scout Joel Buchsbaum wrote that "there are quite a few scouts who will tell you that former Broncos ILB Randy Gradishar was almost as good, even as good, as Jack Lambert" and "unlike Lambert, Gradishar was not a flashy headhunter, just a great anticipator who was a deadly tackler and great short-yardage defender."

*Zander Hollander, who wrote The Complete Handbook of Pro Football, said about Gradishar, "Not as nasty as Butkus, doesn't snarl like Lambert, but Gradishar makes all the plays. Hey, he can hit,too. Just ask Saints' Henry Childs, after Gradishar knocked his helmet off, "It was the first in my career like that, in the open field".

*Hall of Fame defensive lineman Dan Hampton remembers asking the Walter Payton, "Walter, who gave you the hardest hit you ever took in the NFL?". According to Hampton, Payton replied, "Randy Gradishar, 1978". In 1981 SPORT magazine named Gradishar one of the Top 5 hardest hitters in the NFL, quoting the modest Gradishar, "The chance for a real good shot comes very seldom, but when it's there I take full advantage of it".

Among the more interesting aspects of Gradishar's legacy was that he was infamous for stopping guys on 3rd and 4th and short, and was one of the best, if not THE best, goal-line defender there ever was. That's definitely necessary on a team like mine which is thin up front and strong in the secondary- Gradishar is probably the best linebacker left out there, and probably better than a lot of the ones already taken.

Time to bolster the old running game some more...

3.jpg

Nate Newton - LG

6x Pro Bowl

5x All Pro

3x SB champ

There are still some extensively qualified lineman from the old days out there, but those guys are small and I'm not looking for any fancy crap like zone blocking. I want some big hosses that won't get run over by these sack-machine D-lines and will actually push them back. Newton was a staple of the great 90's Cowboys O-lines that put Emmitt Smith in position to take the all time rushing yards record and allowed Troy Aikman to pile up HoF numbers. Newton, Dawson, and Csonka could create some gaps for Allen with Gonzalez blocking downfield... I like the way my rushing offense is coming along.

Brother%20Tom%20Mack%20'66.jpg

Tom Mack

QB: Joe Namath

RB: Curtis Martin

FB:

WR: Marvin Harrison

TE: Shannon Sharpe

OT: Bruce Matthews, Rosey Brown

OG: Tom Mack

C: Jim Ringo

Defense-

DE: Deacon Jones, Mark Gastineau

DT:

LB: Brian Urlacher

CB:

S:

Special Teams-

K:

P:

Coach-Bill Parcells

Sorry for the missed pick..

6522480_1024662883.jpg

Wahoo McDaniel

Needed a linebacker so I figured I'd get a guy who in one game recorded twenty-three tackles.

Guest Vitamin X

Okay, it's been nearly 12 hours or so since Broward made his pick, and I haven't heard anything from Jorge, who is supposed to be picking for Agent. I sent him a PM asking him what's up; obviously the 8 hours comes at a rather stupid time (between 9pm Saturday and 5am Sunday? Who the fuck is up then?) but Jorge already missed a pick for Agent last round, so if I don't see a pick from him soon or if nogoodnick makes his next two picks soon, I'll go ahead and throw down one of the picks which Edwin PM'ed me about, provided nogoodnick or MFer doesn't take him.

I'll shoot nogoodnick a PM to make a pick or two soon as well.

nogoodnic went to New York unexpectedly, so I'll make some picks for him in about two minutes here... sorry I've been away, my laptop broke.

For nogoodnic

DE Jevon Kearse

jevon_kearse_StephenDunn5.jpg

AFC sack leader (1999)

AP NFL Defensive R.O.Y. (1999)

2x All-Pro selection (1999-2000)

3x Pro Bowl selection (1999, 2000, 2001)

The Freak. Was a brilliant defensive end for a few years.

As far as I can tell, nic needs two picks? So here's his other one. If he doesnt need two, disregard this one or edit it or something...

DT - Tommie Harris

r3169725144.jpg

3x Pro Bowl selection (2005, 2006, 2007)

2x All-Pro selection (2005, 2006)

Brian Piccolo Award (2004)

Lombardi Award (2003)

Ed Block Courage Award (2007)

Fucking... cool ass DT.

I think he needs three, but I could be wrong. He missed his pick in the last round, he needs his pick this round, and he needs a replacement for Roger Wehrli.

EDIT: I appear to be correct. This is the 11th Round and he only has 10 picks by my count.

Uhhh, alright.

Nic's final selection is

S Roy Williams

nfl_g_williams_mcnabb_300.jpg

Bronko Nagurski Trophy (2001)

Jim Thorpe Award (2001)

5x Pro Bowl selection (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007)

All-Pro selection (2003)