TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jorge Gorgeous

The NFL All-Time Draft.

I need a guy who can give my Run & Shoot good field position. I need a guy who can also be a valuable backup and play multiple positions should he be called upon. I need a guy who inspires fear...

Return Man - Brian Mitchell

PastPlayerB_Mitchell.jpg

The Stats

- 13 Return Touchdowns (9 Punt, 4 Kick)

- Averaged 23 yards per kick return for career (23.09)

- Averaged 11 yards per punt return for career (10.80)

- Had 5 straight seasons with at least 11.2 yards per punt return, including 14.1 in 1994.

- Had back to back seasons in 1994 and 1995 with a 25.5 and 25.6 kick return average

- 5 seasons in his career with a 12.0 punt return average or higher

- 4 seasons in his career with a 25.0 kick return average or higher

Take your Devin Hester and Eric Metcalf but I'll take the guy who was a threat to go deep with every punt return and was a fearsome kick returner who could make you pay on a consistent basis ala Josh Cribbs last year (Not as flashy as Hester but just as deadly). Mitchell can also be a 3rd down RB or a #5 WR if called upon.

a_erik_i.jpg

Erik Williams - RT

4x Pro Bowl

3x All Pro

3x Super Bowl Champ

C/P my write up for Nate Newton here. Another 90's Cowboy lineman to enhance the running game.

2474121281_7016ca2e19.jpg

Jay Hilgenberg - C.

7 Time Pro Bowler.

2 Time 1st team All-Pro.

Ugh, I kept dicking around thinking he'd be back next round, great pick.

Guest Vitamin X

If I didn't take Howley or Nickerson, Lloyd would've been my other pick at LB. Great pick. Same goes for Ray Guy and Brian Mitchell (who I almost took if it wasn't for Howley).

Jay Hilgenberg - C.

7 Time Pro Bowler.

2 Time 1st team All-Pro.

Ugh, I kept dicking around thinking he'd be back next round, great pick.

Thanks. I don't even know what direction I'm going round to round now so sorry about that.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Brian Mitchell's a terrific pick. After Hester was taken, Mitchell was one of the three guys I looked at, and picking between him and Metcalf was something on the level of a coin flip, really. The two are equal in my book.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Yes. Jorge and Goblin have both been notified via pm. It's technically Goblin's turn for the next 16 hours.

I agree. He should get 8 hours, not 16. It isn't a matter of needing that time to make the pick and two picks being harder than one. It is just to make sure the guy is around to make the pick.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Yeah, you guys are right. Jorge can take a second guy right now if he wants. Goblin can pick at any time.

I'm making my pick now..

lg_smith_all-01.jpg

Jimmy Smith.

862 Receptions.

Over 12,000 Receiving Yards.

67 Touchdowns.

5 Time Pro Bowler.

2 Time All-Pro.

Guess it's my turn to pick now...

Once again, I was planning on going in one direction, but ended up with something completely different. Defensive tackle is the only multi-spot position I haven't addressed yet. As a couple others have said before, this position seems to have the least depth and I'm not seeing anyone that I have to have, so I'm going modern here.

340x.jpg

Kevin Williams

3x Pro Bowl selection (2004, 2006, 2007)

2x First-team All-Pro selection (2006, 2007)

3x All-NFC Seletion (2004, 2006, 2007)

I personally think he's the best DT playing today. He was a great pass rusher from both the end and tackle spots in his first couple seasons and now he's 1/2 of the premier run-stuffing tandem in the NFL. He's an exceptional athlete for his size; he has 4 TD's to his credit plus 31 passes defended.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Ok..time to address this whole offensive line thing.

76T%20040%20Curley%20Culp.jpg

Curley Culp

"With a defensive tackle? WTF?"

Culp played both ways and was known for versatility, strength, and quickness. Perhaps undersized (even in his day) for an O-Lineman, Culp was strong as an ox from growing up on a hog farm and hauling around big fuckin' pigs and farm equipment. He's smaller than most LBs today, but played NT way back when.

"Curley Culp was perhaps the strongest man I ever lined up against."

Culp also once broke three helmets in one scrimmage.

AFC All-star and 5 time Pro Bowler, he's in the Chiefs HOF.

I think his speed, quickness, and head for the point of attack would make him a swell run blocker.

Meh... sorry. Forgot I was after Brooklyn on the swing back and not MFer.

LDE Trace Armstrong

78e3608672d5e3c9ade1dcbe0ed40552.jpg

106.5 Sacks

23 Forced Fumbles

Had 5 seasons of 10 Sacks or more

1x Pro Bowl

I remember this guy most for being a beast with the Miami Dolphins and being the one guy who was constantly around Drew Bledsoe. Natural sack artist who pairs up well with Chris Doleman.

Just looking at the rosters... Hey HarleyQuinn, I'm suprised you drafted Brian Mitchell as a KR/PR, when you have Deion Sanders. Just thought I'd bring that to your attention.

ewalls-4.jpg

Everson Walls, CB

4x All-Pro

4x Pro Bowl

1982 NFL Defensive Back of the Year

Led NFL in interceptions in 1981, 1982 and 1985 (NFL record)

Led Cowboys in interceptions five times (Franchise record)

57 picks

I was looking at Walls as my 2nd corner but I also have quite a few other options at that position I can go with later.

Yeah, but Deion was mainly a Punt Returner and as exciting/flashy as he was, Mitchell was simply better.

Also this would allow Deion to focus 100% on being a CB without worry of getting an injury on a special teams tackle or something.