TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Random Thoughts

Yeah, we got to 600 a bit ago, so it's time to close that one and start this one. Just making things easier to read, don't want the other one to reach gargantuan proportions. All this stuff from the start of the last one...

With the dissolution of the General Discussion topic, it has come to my attention that there are certain comments that just don't warrant a thread. I can buy that. After all, there are no bad posts, just bad posters.

Think of this as a catch-all for inane comments and posts that lack any insight. This is not a news thread. REPEAT: This is not a news thread. No signings, no firings, no house show reports, nada.

Think of it like this. If you thought it looked like Shawn Michaels was stuffing his crotch on Raw, post it here. If you thought Shawn's match sucked, discuss it elsewhere. If you feel like your comment might generate thought and discussion, make a thread!

Do not abuse this topic. It is not intended to be a mega-thread.

And yeah. Resume!

The Divas are my favorite part of WWE right now. Especially Beth Phoenix.

Oh yeah, I'm thirty-three and my favorite male on the roster is John Cena. Fuck you if you don't like it.

I don't think this is doing DH Smith any favors with the boys in the back-

Diana wished to go on record about her feelings regarding WWE superstar, John Bradshaw Layfield "shooting" on her son a few weeks back on Monday Night RAW @ The Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Diana described Layfield's remarks to Harry (how his father, his family & not even God could save him from the beating he was going to take in their match) as a "cheap shot," and does feel to an extent that Harry was "raped & pillaged" before the audience. She honestly would love to see someone with the character of her late husband, brother, or father be in the locker room of the WWE today that would have been willing to set the record straight in the process after that happened. She is surprised that he has not received the push that not only she thinks he deserves, but Harry's fans believe he deserves now.

She is surprised that he has not received the push that not only she thinks he deserves, but Harry's fans believe he deserves now.

:huh:

He's lucky enough to not have been cut.

The character of her late husband? Didn't she say Davey Boy used to drug her and analy rape her while she was passed out, among other crazy fucking awful things that he did to her?

GOOD SAMARITAN CREDITS RIC FLAIR FOR MANUEVER HE USED TO STOP ESCAPING SHOPLIFTER

by Mike Johnson @ 12:48 PM on 5/29/2008

The Tallahassee Democrat featured an article today about a good Samaritan stopping a would-be shoplifter who was trying to flee a Wal-Mart after lifting a pair of DVDs and pulling a knife on employees to a wrestling move he once saw performed by WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair.

Will Hudson, a pastor at True Vine International Ministries in Tallahassee, grabbed the suspect, 22-year-old Kelvin Bispham, from behind in what was described as a "grip hold" but was more likely a bear hug, as he fled the store.

Hudson held Bispham in the hold until a deputy arrived. Bispham was arrested on charges of aggravated assault with intent to commit a felony, displaying a weapon during a felony, resisting a merchant and petty theft.

The character of her late husband? Didn't she say Davey Boy used to drug her and analy rape her while she was passed out, among other crazy fucking awful things that he did to her?

All in that crazy book she wrote no less.

GOOD SAMARITAN CREDITS RIC FLAIR FOR MANUEVER HE USED TO STOP ESCAPING SHOPLIFTER

The Tallahassee Democrat featured an article today about a good Samaritan stopping a would-be shoplifter who was trying to flee a Wal-Mart after lifting a pair of DVDs and pulling a knife on employees to a wrestling move he once saw performed by WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair.

Will Hudson, a pastor at True Vine International Ministries in Tallahassee, grabbed the suspect, 22-year-old Kelvin Bispham, from behind in what was described as a "grip hold" but was more likely a bear hug, as he fled the store.

Hudson held Bispham in the hold until a deputy arrived. Bispham was arrested on charges of aggravated assault with intent to commit a felony, displaying a weapon during a felony, resisting a merchant and petty theft.

I was hoping for a figure-four, a knee drop on the head, etc. Instead he went with a resthold??

I don't think this is doing DH Smith any favors with the boys in the back-

Diana wished to go on record about her feelings regarding WWE superstar, John Bradshaw Layfield "shooting" on her son a few weeks back on Monday Night RAW @ The Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Diana described Layfield's remarks to Harry (how his father, his family & not even God could save him from the beating he was going to take in their match) as a "cheap shot," and does feel to an extent that Harry was "raped & pillaged" before the audience. She honestly would love to see someone with the character of her late husband, brother, or father be in the locker room of the WWE today that would have been willing to set the record straight in the process after that happened. She is surprised that he has not received the push that not only she thinks he deserves, but Harry's fans believe he deserves now.

She's a real piece of work, ie she's one to talk about "character."

I think what that appeared to be, more than anything was 1) a cheap way to get heat for Bradshaw and 2) some sort of off the wall "fuck you for fucking us" the company does to guys who are in the doghouse. Bradshaw basically did the same squash style shoot-type match with the Highlander guy who was on TNA that one week. Or it could be more than it was done to Smith to give him some tough love of sorts, as the company would not like to see him go down the same path of his father.

In any regard, Harry is not anywhere near ready for a push anyway, be it his drug test failure had occured or not.

lol Flair has never used a bear hug in his entire career that I know of, unless it was something he did very early in his career. Had to be the testicular claw/nut grab.

Nice to see wrestling used for the common good, but I'm sure it'll be cited the next time some stupid ten-year-old decides to lariat his little sister or whatever.

Edit: What was better? The Elimination Chamber at NYR 2005 or NWO 2008 (RAW's EC)? The Royal Rumble match 2007 or 2008?

What was better? The Elimination Chamber at NYR 2005 or NWO 2008? The Royal Rumble match 2007 or 2008?

Might want to clarify since there were two Chamber matches at No Way Out 2008.

I was originally going to answer that question by saying the Chamber at NYR 2005 was the worst one they've ever done, so EITHER one from No Way Out 2008 would be better (I even liked the SD one) but I was confused with 2006.

Still, although I haven't re-watched it (but I will before it expires on 24/7 on Wednesday) the Raw Chamber match was one of the best ones they've done so yeah, it's better than 2005.

Neither the 2007 or 2008 Rumble matches are any great shakes in the grand scheme of things, but I'd say 2008 is better overall and has the nice surprise pop for Cena (and Piper and Snuka's little spot was great, made even better by Taker headbutting Snuka and having to sell the fact you just don't headbutt Snuka) but the final 10 minutes of the 2007 Rumble are 10 of the best minutes in Rumble history.

I was originally going to answer that question by saying the Chamber at NYR 2005 was the worst one they've ever done, so EITHER one from No Way Out 2008 would be better (I even liked the SD one) but I was confused with 2006.

I thought the 05 one was much better than the clusterfuck one at SummerSlam 03. I enjoyed it a lot more than either of the ones in 06 where they killed the crowd by eliminating the most over guys first and leaving all the ones they disliked or didn't care about. The 06 NYR one did have Carlito motivated and giving the best performance he's ever had, and Angle looking like a badass but not much else. The ECW one didn't really have anything going for it (A sweet high spot from Test of all people and a fun RVD/Punk exchange was about it) but was easily the worst out of the bunch thanks to the booking. Although, having Orton eliminate Batista killed the crowd as well, the work was really good until that point. The Raw NWO one and the first one are both good. The Smackdown NWO one got better at the end, but good lord the beginning was really tedious.

Is it just me or are half the wrestlers who used to ahve short hair saving their heads. I mean I've seen Orton do it, Cena does it, so does Batista. Marella does it except for the mohawk etc. Just seems weird to have guys shave their hair to stubble for no reason.

I was hoping for a figure-four, a knee drop on the head, etc. Instead he went with a resthold??

I was thinking either a Flair flop, or the guy was going to strip off all his clothes while elbow dropping them.

Is it just me or are half the wrestlers who used to ahve short hair saving their heads. I mean I've seen Orton do it, Cena does it, so does Batista. Marella does it except for the mohawk etc. Just seems weird to have guys shave their hair to stubble for no reason.

Because they're trying to look like MMA fighter wannabes?

According to documents posted on TMZ.com May 29, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s divorce from his wife Dany is officially settled. Johnson will pay $22,454 a month in child support while both he and his ex-wife will put $5,000 a month into a trust fund for their child’s private schooling, college education and other living expenses.

According to documents posted on TMZ.com May 29, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s divorce from his wife Dany is officially settled. Johnson will pay $22,454 a month in child support while both he and his ex-wife will put $5,000 a month into a trust fund for their child’s private schooling, college education and other living expenses.

Does he just have one kid?

It amazes me how much parents THINK a child needs, when realistically its just unofficial alimony in cases like this. The kid apparently needs half of what I earn in a year A MONTH. Huh. Granted, Rock makes enough where he can afford it and everything, but what kind of expectations are going to be on a child when they grow up when they are apparently costing their parents almost 25K a month?

Thats uber duper cool though to see each of them invest into the kids future like that though with a trust fund. Good for them on that one.

Short, youtube explanation:

Long-winded text explanation for the youtube impaired and on the off chance that a two-year-old video gets taken down between now and when this is read:

At Cyber Sunday, DX had to choose the special referee between Vince, Coachman & Bischoff. HBK was at the laptop constantly voting (this is during the PPV, mind you), and HHH tells him not to vote for Vince or Coachman, but then mentions that Bischoff (who had just released his Controversy Creates Cash book) said that DX was just an nWo ripoff and they (specifically HBK, claims HHH) didn't know controversy. HBK flips out over not knowing controversy (mentions putting the Sharpshooter on Bret) and that HHH married "Uh....what's her name!". He asks the stagehand behind him for his name, and upon learning it (Stan), HBK superkicks him, and then proclaims "See! I just kicked STAN!". He proceeds to go down the hall proclaiming how absurd the notion is that he doesn't know controversy, superkicks the guy with an armful of papers, and then superkicks some other guy (maybe a referee?).

After watching that video, I'm trying to figure out why it bugs me that Triple H wouldn't fill in the name of his wife for Shawn when so many more illogical things happen every few minutes in wrestling.

Still. Thanks for the explanation and the link.