TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Random Thoughts

I'm still amazed at how perfect Mayweather was for pro wrestling. They brought him in to be a face, but was such a dynamic jackass, it was impossible to not hate him. And since he was Floyd Mayweather, Stephanie and her booking goons weren't allowed to ruin him. He was just as much a shocking fit as Kevin Federline was, except that Mayweather can actually work a match. I expected Mayweather vs. Big Show to be a total disaster, but it was a very good job by both.

According to this weeks SD/ECW spoilers Matt Sydal's wwe name is Evan Bourne.

Another made-up name. What's the point? I don't even know how WWE came up with Curt Hawkins and Zach Ryder since that's not even their real names.

Guess it makes some sense since there's already a Matt on the roster...

What about all the Chrises they've had over the years?

There's also another Matt: Striker.

According to this weeks SD/ECW spoilers Matt Sydal's wwe name is Evan Bourne.

Another made-up name. What's the point? I don't even know how WWE came up with Curt Hawkins and Zach Ryder since that's not even their real names.

The story was that Vince was pissed off when he found out they lied about being legit brothers. With the unexplainable exception of Undertaker & Kane, Vince hates marketing people as related when they aren't (which is why Edge & Christian were never referred to as brothers post-brand extension). So, he made them come up with new names for themselves. "Curt Hawkins" and "Zach Ryder" are what they came up with.

Didn't Danielson once say in an interview that he was retiring after turning 30? I guess if he signs with WWE, we'll get to see him on TV (hopefully) before he retires.

Danielson and Nigel should both be in the wwe by now. Dragon doesn't really have the wwe look though, and I don't know if he could work three minute matches - however if he wans a shot, he's earned it. He'd surely have to go to FCW, probably to get a tan and get a little bit bigger (and probably new ring gear). He can offer what no other current developmental and few main roster wrestlers can offer in the ring, but wwe is more than just in-ring ability. I do cringe at any possible gimmick they'd try and give him and wonder what ring name they'd come up with for him. Probably make him Regal's son or something.

It's just a dark match and probably nothing will come from it, however Dragon has been on wwe's radar for ever and I believe ti was a situation that he had a contract waiting (developmental?) for him if he ever decided it wanted it.

World Wrestling Entertainment® Suspends Performer

STAMFORD, Conn., June 9, 2008 – In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE® has suspended James Yun (Jimmy Wang Yang) for 30 days for his first violation of the company’s policy.

Credit: Gerweck.net

See, that is why I was calling him James Jung when I was drunk. I knew it was something that sounded like that, but being drunk...I called him by the team's name.

I'm still amazed at how perfect Mayweather was for pro wrestling. They brought him in to be a face, but was such a dynamic jackass, it was impossible to not hate him. And since he was Floyd Mayweather, Stephanie and her booking goons weren't allowed to ruin him. He was just as much a shocking fit as Kevin Federline was, except that Mayweather can actually work a match. I expected Mayweather vs. Big Show to be a total disaster, but it was a very good job by both.

I love how the Mayweather / Show feud started because Floyd came to Mysterio's aid. Then of course before the match started, Rey got edited out of the build-up video.