TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

One Night Stand Roundtable

My brother and I are considering ordering the replay, but I'm wondering if it is worth it. So without reading of the results or spoiling anything for me, is it worth it?

If there ever was a WWE PPV to get, this is it.

What happens with the Undertaker stip ? He goes to Raw or takes a 6 month break ?

Foley was saying stuff like he couldn't just be traded to raw in the draft

However it seems like MDM and Teddy Jr are going to be the focal points of the new stable.

MDM?

Million Dollar Man

Oh. Duh :D

I thought the "2nd Generation" (and Ted Jr. is actually 3rd gen) stable was going to be a showcase for Ted Jr, Cody Rhodes and Harry Smith, I didn't know that Ted Sr. was actually going to be involved.

I like the idea of putting Orton and Batista back together, they don't necessarily even need to form a stable, just do it like the Two Man Power Trip or Rated RKO. Even if Orton is hurt and out for a couple months it would still work.

Ok, so I actually went against what I had said before about not ordering the PPV tonight, and ordered it. I swear to God that I NEVER saw the Edge victory coming. I guess this is a sign that Vince is waking up, huh? It's a good thing that Vince is killing off the predictableness of the WWE, right now. At least that's how I see it.

Edge winning isn't a surprise. I even said this a couple weeks ago. The stipulation gave away the finish. Great show and only the opening match was a let down.

A couple thoughts:

- Orton's injury is probably a good thing for him after losing to HHH again. He can come back as a fresh challenger.

- They will probably do some cheap cop out to the Taker angle, like have Vince come out on Smackdown and continue the "ratings" thing he has going, saying that Taker brings in ratings and Vickie has no power to fire him, firing Vickie like he did Regal.

Edge winning isn't a surprise. I even said this a couple weeks ago. The stipulation gave away the finish. Great show and only the opening match was a let down.

Well, it surprised me, as I never heard anything about Taker taking time off, or something else that would lead him to jobbing, tonight.

My brother and I are considering ordering the replay, but I'm wondering if it is worth it. So without reading of the results or spoiling anything for me, is it worth it?

If there ever was a WWE PPV to get, this is it.

Not true. It wasn't great, just good. Jeff-Umaga was boring, Triple H-Orton was boring (though it wasn't their fault that it had to end so abruptly), and Cena-JBL was lame.

It was a surprise to me as well.

ORTON UPDATE

by Mike Johnson @ 11:13 PM on 6/1/2008

After a visit to San Diego Medical, Randy Orton has been diagnosed with a broken left collarbone.

I'd say this was the best WWE PPV of the year actually, and that is with a couple of the matches being bizarre and a bit of a letdown. I'm bewildered anyone would even dare say the Rumble is even a good PPV, much less the best. WM also had its share of mediocre crap on it.

Once Orton took that spill to the floor I figured he was hurt. On HD I think I even heard him tell the ref "My collarbone is broken." HHH literally picked him up when he could have taken the 10 count, so you knew it was serious. The upside is at least it gets Orton off TV for a while, though the downside is that Raw now has no top heel at all...and once Orton returns from this injury we'll probably get him out for revenge on HHH, so we'll see this feud AGAIN.

I don't know how to feel about Edge/UT. On one hand I didn't think they would seriously have UT lose with his career on the line, but after watching SD this week I had no idea how UT would fight off 4 jobbers that would obviously run in. Eventually I figure UT comes back on SD once Vicki is fired or whatever.

I enjoyed this pay per view, with the exception of JBL/Cena. I appreciate they tried to have a different ending to a first blood match, it just came off poor. What was with every wrestler on the card seemingly trying to use the stairs?

The upside is at least it gets Orton off TV for a while

What? Orton is and has been for a long time one of the best performers on RAW. If I had to choose between Orton and HHH being off TV it wouldn't even be a choice.

Though, if HHH broke a collarbone while holding the belt they'd probably just keep it on him and go a couple months with a champion who can't wrestle rather than write him out of the picture.

Also, I doubt they'll take Orton off TV completely. Return of the RNN???

What was with every wrestler on the card seemingly trying to use the stairs?

I thought that I was the only person who noticed this. But, yeah, JBL has already proven that he is more than willing to blade, so what the F? It just didn't pan out in execution.

Return of the RNN???

Please let it happen.

I say this about Orton because he is so utterly, insanely stale right now that there was literally nowhere else to go with him. He wasn't getting the belt back, so what exactly was he going to do? Just keep jobbing to HHH for the next 6 months? This feud is dead in the water, the ratings with Orton on top are dead in the water, it's time to just move on. Thing is, what is there to move on to? More HHH vs. Cena? Bah. I would say HHH vs. JBL is an adequate filler feud but JBL has been jobbing to Cena so hard that no one would care.

It might be time to just push someone. Pull the trigger on Punk, MVP, whoever.

I say this about Orton because he is so utterly, insanely stale right now that there was literally nowhere else to go with him. He wasn't getting the belt back, so what exactly was he going to do? Just keep jobbing to HHH for the next 6 months? This feud is dead in the water, the ratings with Orton on top are dead in the water, it's time to just move on. Thing is, what is there to move on to? More HHH vs. Cena? Bah. I would say HHH vs. JBL is an adequate filler feud but JBL has been jobbing to Cena so hard that no one would care.

It might be time to just push someone. Pull the trigger on Punk, MVP, whoever.

Yeah, but there's no way you can blame Orton for that. He was really just hitting his stride as champion when they took the belt off him. The program with Hardy, working with Cena and HHH, the win at Wrestlemania, the "Age of Orton" stuff, he was getting super over, they finally discovered the perfect formula with him and then they just killed it. The ratings didn't start dropping because Orton was the challenger, they started dropping because HHH has the belt, he's insanely boring when he has the belt, and they make Orton and everyone else into total jobbers against him.