TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Mike Kyle has had 2 UFC fights and in the first he clearly bites Wes Sims on the chest, and in the second he kicks his opponent straight in the groin. So I guess I nominate him.

Jackson doesn't care what people say or think of him, as he never really

cared in the first place. "God didn't change my personality, but now I

don't want to say bad words." The interviews aren't going to be boring,

he's just not going to say bad words because Jackson is representating

Jesus. Quinton had a whole rap CD finished and has to change the songs now

or throw the CD away. It's all worth it.

I bet Rampage had better rhymes than Cena on that CD.

I guess the "wrestler way" is getting waxed by someone in less than a minute after refusing to shake their hand and getting exposed for the fraud that they are.

Fedor laughs at you, Ogawa.

But half the fun of listening to Rampage is seeing how many times they have to bleep him! Good for him, I guess, but I hope it also doesn't prevent him from trying to piledrive somebody again.

I can't be the only one that has doubts about Ogawa's Judo Credentials. A judo world champ and olympic silver medallist gives up his arm like that, causing Fyodor to just mandhandle him and own him on the ground? C'mon, Fyodor's got great sub skills, but against a Judo guy like that? We wouldn't expect that against Yoshida. Speaking of which, he won the Gold Medal at those olympics, did these guys fight each other, or were they in different weight classes?

Bas was right, the way Fyodor broke his clasp was beautiful.

WHERE THE FUCK'S RICH FRANKLIN?! He's lost once, which I know is why Dana didn't want him because that pissed him off. But the bottom line is that he's never had a decision. EVER. An exciting fighter who finishes his opponents, with one loss to a guy that never has lost before, you'd expect Dana to be all over him. I know the LHW division is already stacked, but it's criminal that he and Alex Steibling are on the sidelines of the "Big Two".

Yeah I figured as much due to the difference in size, but still my point remains. The difference in credibility regarding judo skills between the two is worlds apart. The fact that he gave up his arm in no time only cemented that, along with the fact that he was pretty much manhandled on the takedown.

I've heard that DSE is mad at Ogawa or something, and that the fans don't like him either. Is this true?

Guest CurryMan

I haven´t heard anything about this but I still feel that DSE made a misstake with having Ogawa vs Fedor instead of Nog vs Ogawa. A Nog vs Ogawa fight would probebly went a longer time and Ogawa wouldn´t have to been that afraid of the gnp as he must have been against Fedor. The fight left a big blank and his star must have fallen abit even with the japanese fans.

And about the olympics my feeling is after watching some of the judo part in the olympics this year is that there is more skilled people in the lower weights and the weights like Yoshida was in then the HW. But that is perhaps just my own imagination

You'd rate Steibling that low? He's hung in there with top BJJ Stylists and beaten them, not to mention that he's got solid striking skills. His last fight was apparently a great one, against Rogerio, even though he lost.

I still wonder if Franklin will get another chance though.

Yep, I would.

Steibling fancies himself a striker, yet got knocked downed and nearly put away by a much shorter (and far-from-superstriker) Akira Shoji, not to mention being quickly dispatched by Anderson Silva & Marvin Eastman. I'll give him the fact that he's a tough guy to submit, but it takes more than that to win fights (in these two senses, I'd liken him a bit to Heath Herring, another guy who was overrated for a while).

Steibling's wins have been over rather fringe opponents (sans his fight vs. Riggs, who punished him before losing to that out of nowhere triangle), and his losses haven't exactly been to world beaters (Shoji, Eastman & Sasaki have been otherwise inconsistent, and Minotoro has still yet to defeat a top LHW). Mezger, too, looks good in defeat against good-decent competition, yet in the end, close doesn't count for a whole lot when you don't have the wins to back it up.

Question: I just watched Pride 17: Championship Chaos on DVD (what an awesome, awesome show), but towards the end, Bas Rutten makes the announcement that he has begun training and will be making a combeback. Now of course this show was from 3 years ago, so can anyone inform me on Bas's comeback, or if there wasn't one why not?

Something else I noticed for you MMA aficionados out there. Randy Orton looks like Dan Henderson in Slapnuts! sig.

Just thought you'd like to know.

I thought the same thing when I saw Henderson!

danhenderson.jpg

Good stuff, but the killer instinct/need to win is so important in fighting. It's a double edged sword, because it will take you to the top but once you get humbled you really start to doubt yourself. But I can't imagine becoming the top fighter in the world without it.