TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Here is a link lifted from the F4W message board with a madeup song by a guy named Mr Canada using Bas Rutten video sound bites (I think the Rutten video is from his street fighting techniques video) to the tune of Eminem's My Name is...

MY NAME IS (EL GUAPO) - The Uncut Extended Unrated Version! (3:46)

http://www.rapidsharing.com/3c95a6c403eadb50df469f18c05837de

I'm slowly starting to get back my MMA game. Used to be into Pride really big from ending of 2001 up through the end of 2003. Then a bunch of things hit in a row and I fell off (father had a stroke, moved away from city I'd lived in for more than 13 years)

Slowly, I'm starting to get back into things though. I've been keeping up online and trying to catch up to fights and read up on history.

Guest Brian

Has anyone seen the extended clip of Bas Rutten's Lethal Streetfighting? I know a shorter one's been posted, so here's one from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiEsktRiCXo...ch=bas%20rutten

I have no idea what my favorite part of the clip is. Bas Rutten's sound effects. "He tried to kill me. Now I've got to return him the favor." Bas pulling an RVD with the bar chair and groin kick. "I'm sorry sir, but I'm going to break your leg."

I wanted to mention the Kuniyoshi Hironaka defeated JJ Machado in a submission wrestling match yesterday on points. Why do I mention this?

1) To point out how good some of the Japanese BJJ'ers are getting.

2) To show how much Shinya Aoki rules by proxy.

Full results:

LA SUB-X Quick Results

The LA Sub-X takes place tonight. Here are the results as they come in:

Megumi Fuji v Michelle Mills: Fuji wins by Submission: Toe Hold

Jeff Glover v Robson Moura: Moura wins 6 x 3

Leozinho Vieira v Naoya Uematsu: Leo Vieira wins by Submission R2: Rear naked choke from the back standing after being up 4 x 1 pts

Saulo Ribeiro v Jake Shields: Saulo wins by pts 2 x 1

Vinicius 'Pesao' Magalhaes v Robert Drysdale: Pesao wins by pts takedown 1 x 0

Vladimir Matyushenko v Xande Ribeiro: draw after 2 OT

Lyoto Machida vs Rafael Lovato Jr: Machida wins pts 1 x 0 takedown in 2nd OT

Jeff Monson vs Marcio 'Pe de Pano' Cruz: draw 0 x 0

Jean Jacques Machado vs Kuniyoshi Hironaka: Hironaka wins by pts 3 x 0

Marcelo Garcia v Cameron Earle: Garcia by submission R2 - choke from side after being up 3 x 1

More grappling results:

ZST GT-F2 Quarterfinal, Grappling Rules

65 KG, 2R 5M

Shuichiro Katsumura (Katsumura Dojo) defeated Jason Reinhardt (Reinhardt Martial Arts) by submission via traingle choke at 1:32 of Round 1.

65 KG, 2R 5M

Hideo Tokoro (Reversal Gym) defeated Kentaro Imaizumi (SK Absolute) by unanimous decision at full time limit.

65 KG, 2R 5M

Baret Yoshida (Grappling Unlimited) defeated Masayuki Okude (Gold Gym South Tokyo) by rear naked choke at 1:54 of Round 1.

65 KG, 2R 5M

Rubens Charles (TT Jiu Jitsu) defeated Masahiro Oishi (K'z Factory) by submission via armbar at 3:53 of Round 1.

ZST GT-F2 Semifinal, Grappling Rules

65 KG, 2R 5M

Shuichiro Katsumura (Katsumura Dojo) defeated Hideo Tokoro (Reversal Gym) by submission via triangle choke at 4:55 of Round 1.

ZST GT-F2 Semifinal, Grappling Rules

65 KG, 2R 5M

Baret Yoshida (Grappling Unlimited) defeated Rubens Charles (TT Jiu Jitsu) by unanimous decision at full time limit.

ZST GT-F2 Final, Grappling Rules

65 KG, 2R 5M

Baret Yoshida (Grappling Unlimited) defeated Shuichiro Katsumura (Katsumura Dojo) by submission via rear naked choke at 2:52 of Round 1.

Baret Yoshida is your ZST GT-F2 champion.

Rumours for second round of OWGP:

GP

MIRKO x YOSHIDA

NOGUEIRA x WERDUM

FUJITA x WAND

BARNETT x HUNT

Super Fights

MARK COLEMAN x SERGEY KHARITONOV

ROGERIO NOGUEIRA x CYBORG

DRAGGO x ROMAN ZENTSOV

PAWEL NASTULA x NAKAMURA KAZUHIRO

source: http://www.prideofficial.com/cgi-bin...&id=1148024837

Stolen from the dog.

There's another source saying that Draggo signed with Pride

I would have been more interested in Nogueria v.s. Yoshida, due to their grappling abilities, but Mirko v.s. Yoshida could be interesting.

Can Mirko KO Yoshida before Yoshida can get the death vice on? If Yoshida grabs you, you aren't getting away easily, and Mirko's not at the level where he can pose that big of a threat on the ground to Yoshida. Yoshida's got glue on his hands, if he grabs any part of you, you're probably going to get taken down. Maybe with a somewhat nice throw movethat does no damage. Or maybe with the rolling headlock of DOOOOM. I think I'd actually favor Yoshida in that fight, shockingly enough. Silva couldn't KO Yoshida, but Mirko's got the highkick. Problem is, Mirko has a weakness to fighters who come at him full blast, which Yoshida will probably do. Yoshida doesn't fear being KO'd in the least, and I could see Mirko backpedaling a bit, grabbed, and thrown.

Fujita v.s. Silva is both insane, and highly interesting. My first thought was "...Fujita's going to DIE", but then I remember that the man is genetically engineered to not be KO-able, and he doesn't give up easily. I really don't know how that one would go. If anyone can KO Fujita, it'll be Silva, but I could see Fujita "Arona'ing" him for the win. With some knees thrown in for added benefit.

Werdum I don't think is ready for Nogueria. On the ground, they may be even, but I think standing Nogueria has the huge advantage. Nog can KO people, he just doesn't really prefer to. If Werdum starts, god forbid winning on the ground, I can easily see Nog getting up and tee'ing off on Werdum.

Josh v.s. Hunt...I...don't know. I think they wanted to do Hunt/Josh v.s. Fedor this round, but they couldn't. So we get this. Josh has been running his mouth so much that he sorta HAS to win atleast this fight to save face. He's trash talked Fedor so damn much that it'd probably draw as well, or better then any of Fedor's previous fights. Hunt can be beaten, and I think Josh is the one who could do it, or Hunt will knock him the fuck out.

PRIDE's final eight is pretty fucking badass. I'm glad I didn't get the opening round, so I can get this and the finals. Money well spent I think.

Bah. Yoshida's not that bad. He's got more guts and heart then actual skill, but he's still okay.

Plus, Yoshida's atleast trying to improve his game. He could have just worked on his throws, and submissions. He been working on all the aspects of the game though. Plus, he tries to be exciting. He's got the Saku thing going on, where he wants to try to give a good show even if he's going to get his ass stomped. See him throwing shots against Nakajima. He didn't HAVE to, because he took him down so easily it was sad. He just wanted to give a bit of a show.

I just wanna see him win it all, is that so much to ask? :(

I'm watching IFL and noticed that Stephen Quadros lost alot of weight. Is he sick, poor, on crack or what?

The weight loss is on account of him being an overrated asshat.

...ok, there's no actual evidence connecting those two things, but still.

Yoshida sucks. Don't be confused by the Silva fights.

Lei, you wouldn't happen to be a member of the "Silva/Yoshida 1 fight wasn't as legit as everyone thought" camp are you? Because, ummmm, I kinda am. *Looks sheepishly around, then runs away*

See, I'm of the opinion that Silva was afraid against Yoshida. Much like how he was when he fought Arona the first time.

He was worried that if he closed the distance, Yoshida would grab him and take him down, and control him. Which...Pretty much was what happened the first few times. It was only after Silva nearly got that Triangle did he seem to gain back his confidence.

Second round, he pretty much decimated Yoshida, other then a few moments.

Their second fight, I haven't watched in awhile, but I remember feeling Yoshida won. He was good standing, he controlled the ground fighting, and just generally seemed to control the pace of the fight. I'm not going to say Yoshida was robbed or anything, but I haven't seen that in forever.

Silva just knows that he has one flaw in his game and that's his ground work. He's not that great there, and often stalls to get a standup. He'll take the yellow card if it means he can get the fight back to the feet. Against someone the caliber of Yoshida & Arona, where he can't easily out power them (Like against Saku, a similarly good grappler), he wouldn't be able to do that well. Arona in their first fight took advantage of that, and easily beat Silva, and possibly would have won the second fight had he not fought so amazingly weird in the last round (Such as pulling guard with thirty seconds left).

I fully admit I'm biased towards Yoshida though. Gutsy little bastard.

Silva's fear of guys who want to dry hump him (Tito, Yoshida & Arona) is pretty well known by now, though I still think that falls under the "mailing it in" banner, as he'll usually do just enough to win, if not even that. Of course, there're other things that still don't sit well with me (practically pulling guard against Yoshida's bum rush, lack of hip movement in the second fight), but I'll refrain from making any bold statements.

I do still think that Tamura threw his fight with Yoshida, though.

Basically, I think that DSE told Silva to "take it easy" on Yoshida. I mean Yoshida got messed up but not nearly as messed up as he could have been. Silva seemed kind of refrained from his usual bumrush, I mean Saku was a hundred times more feared than Yoshida yet Silva went full force at him.

I assume DSE didn't want a repeat of the slaughter that was Silva/Sakuraba 1.

I wanted to mention the Kazuhiro Hironaka defeated JJ Machado in a submission wrestling match yesterday on points. Why do I mention this?

Horinaka won on 3 takedowns worth 1 point each, from what I've heard he didn't engage Jean Jacques on the ground for long at any point so JJ didn't even have the chance to rack up points for sub attempts (which were worth 3 points).

Quadros as far as I know is in good health but has got back to doing some kickboxing lately which, given his frame, may explain his more emaciated appearance.

Basically, I think that DSE told Silva to "take it easy" on Yoshida. I mean Yoshida got messed up but not nearly as messed up as he could have been

Silva apparently was "pacing himself" in that fight actually. He could have went out to finish and went hard but he chose to pace himself so he could 1) test his cardio that he'd been training up for the tournament 2) be able to rest after a half-rate performance before giving a 100% performance against Rampage. You can feel free to dismiss this but it's what Silva told my buddy who attended his seminar last year so even though it may be a bit of a BS for a poor performance but there's probably some truth to it.

I wanted to mention the Kuniyoshi Hironaka defeated JJ Machado in a submission wrestling match yesterday on points. Why do I mention this?

Horinaka won on 3 takedowns worth 1 point each, from what I've heard he didn't engage Jean Jacques on the ground for long at any point so JJ didn't even have the chance to rack up points for sub attempts (which were worth 3 points).

Meh. Aoki would've simply broken Hironaka's arm again had he tried that with him.

Basically, I think that DSE told Silva to "take it easy" on Yoshida. I mean Yoshida got messed up but not nearly as messed up as he could have been

Silva apparently was "pacing himself" in that fight actually. He could have went out to finish and went hard but he chose to pace himself so he could 1) test his cardio that he'd been training up for the tournament 2) be able to rest after a half-rate performance before giving a 100% performance against Rampage. You can feel free to dismiss this but it's what Silva told my buddy who attended his seminar last year so even though it may be a bit of a BS for a poor performance but there's probably some truth to it.

It still doesn't explain his lack of effort in the rematch. Also, considering a good number of Brazilians would be willing to work fights between teammates, it's not much of a stretch to think Silva would intentionally take it easy on Yoshida for some reason.

Anyone see the Best Damn Sports Show's Top 50 Beatdowns special?

I never saw the Randleman KO of Mirko, was on it the countdown? Because if it wasn't then that's bullshit. Problay the best lefthook I've ever seen in MMA.