TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

If you take them so seriously, you should grow a pair and stop being so hypersensitive.

This is the internet, where everyone is anonymous, so we don’t know what race you all are, regardless of what you might say. Making an obvious mockery of something Rashad said is not as racially charged as using a term that demeaned an enslaved people for decades. Of course, I consider myself an upstanding fucking citizen so whatever you wanna say, goes. Pee poo fart nigger kike paki wetback spic etc. etc..

I don’t think there’s anyway EHME could have been offended by that, I think he’s just being a dumbass. No one can be that stupid. If he’s telling the truth than my head hurts from trying to figure out his logic.

Ok I'll attempt to re-lighten the mood with my wonderfully ignorant n00b wonderings.

I just bought my first PRIDE DVD as I mentioned earlier in the thread. It's High Octane.

I was going to get the experts thoughts on the following fighters I saw on the disc(i don't even know if some of these guys still fight):

-Heath Herring

-Ricardo Arona(i started to really like this guy watching it)

-Dan Henderson

-Mark Hunt

-Allistair Overeem

-Josh Barnett(wasn't he a pro wrestler? he's on my AJPW vs. NJPW tape i think)

-Alexander Emelianeko

And that's it.

Holy fuck you moron I was being sarcastic. I thought you actually knew that but I suppose it's my fault for overestimating your intelligence.

I take race-related jokes very serious, just the way I am, and always have been.

Says the guy with a racially-laced title in his avatar.

I bet all the people on this board who don't know you're black probably think you're racist.

Even though over half my friends are white, but whatever, I was kidding. Lighten up. And I'm half black half white, thank you very much.

Ok I'll attempt to re-lighten the mood with my wonderfully ignorant n00b wonderings.

I just bought my first PRIDE DVD as I mentioned earlier in the thread. It's High Octane.

I was going to get the experts thoughts on the following fighters I saw on the disc(i don't even know if some of these guys still fight):

-Heath Herring

-Ricardo Arona(i started to really like this guy watching it)

-Dan Henderson

-Mark Hunt

-Allistair Overeem

-Josh Barnett(wasn't he a pro wrestler? he's on my AJPW vs. NJPW tape i think)

-Alexander Emelianeko

And that's it.

Herring- I'm scared to comment on him because of what Lei Tong might do afterwards. Was once a top ten HW, known for PRIDE fights with Tom Erickson, Vitor Belfort, Mark Kerr and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Oh, and knocking out Jutaro Nakao in K1 after he kissed him. Was destroyed in spectacular fashion by the man they call Fedor.

Ricardo Arona- Depends on who you talk to. I personally hate his lay and pray style but I will admit to enjoying his bouts with Henderson, Rampage and Sakuraba. Some say he got screwed out of a title against Wanderlei Silva on PRIDE's New Years Eve 2005 show. A terribly boring fighter for the most part.

Dan Henderson- Trains with Team Quest in Oregon. Good striker with one of the feared right hands in the business, coupled with a tough chin and good wrestling. Standout fights include vs W. Silva, Shungo Oyama, Rodrigo Nogueira. Has somewhat of a rep for hanging on for decisons.

Somebody else can fill in the rest or add on/refute what I put.

Heath Herring: One of my favorites a few years ago. Is a good wrestler, who isn't afraid to stand and pound you if he can. I forget when, but he changed camps and things started going to hell. He wasn't the same fighter against Fedor, or Mirko that he was against Nogueria, and got pretty much squashed in those fights. I believe he switched to a camp in Holland when his slide began (Golden Gloves? ... I just woke up damnit), but has since changed teams and seems to be putting his career back on track.

Ricardo Arona: Helluva boring. The only time Arona has looked anything beyond decent is against Sakuraba, and that was because he had so much mass over Sakuraba. In the two Silva fights, he did well, but the first he clearly used the time limit against Silva. In the rematch, his own stupidity at various points cost him the title, such as pulling guard with about a minute left. With work, he could easily be the most dominate LHW in the world, but he seems content to stick with whats working, and what won't win him the title from Silva.

Dan Henderson: Dan's the king of pulling a decision victory out of a loss, and a few times now I really don't think it should have went his way. Dan'll get pretty much smashed for an entire fight, then come back for a two minute flurry and get the decision. Personally, I think he lost to Ninja, and his second fight with Murilo for that exact reason.

Mark Hunt: Highly over-rated, and exposed by Josh. Hunt's potential is there, but it's far, far too soon. With time and training, he'll be at a higher level then Mirko, but right now he's not near Mirko's level despite beating him. Hunt simply knew how to exploit Mirko's game, and did so. In a year or two, when Hunt can follow Mirko's steps, he'll be a force, but right now against anyone with a great submission/wrestling game, he'll be beaten.

Alistair Overeem: One of the weirder cases in MMA. Everything is there for Overeem to be a world champ, even in PRIDE. He has the size, the talent, but he just either lacks heart, or the ability to do cardio training. 90% of Overeem's fights, he just mauls his opponent for the first round, and then putters out. If he could just overcome that, he'd be a champion. Until he does, he'll be stuck as a runner up.

Josh Barnett: I've never been a fan of Josh, but he's good at what he does, and he's a smart fighter. He imposes a gameplan on his opponents and wins because of it. Right now, he's posed to break through PRIDE's uppercards, but I don't think it'll happen and he'll be taken out in the semi finals. If he does get the fight against Fedor, then we should all pray for him. After all the shit Josh has said about Fedor, I think he might die in that fight. Fedor beats your ass when he respects you. I cannot imagine how Fedor will fight when he DISLIKES YOU.

Aleksander Emelianeko: A fun fighter, but he's really nothing all that impressive He's a strong striker, and has great sambo skills like his brother, but he lacks Fedor's X factor that saved Fedor, which is the fact that Fedor is a fucking cyborg. Alek has been KO'd and submitted, while Fedor simply eats the blows and powers through the submissions. I do get a kick out of Alek's "I just woke up and I couldn't give a fuck" attitude though.

Who's up for a TSM Radio - MMA End of Financial Year Review some time this week? Where one, if not all of the following questions will be answered:

- Will Rudo show up?

- Will EHME show up only to get cussed out?

- Will YPOV have a mic that doesn't sound like he's in the middle of a fucking Hurricane?

- and, have I learn't anything about MMA in the last four months?

At the current rate the PRIDE & UFC shows are boring me, by year's end I'll refuse to talk about anything other than SHOOTO and K-1 MAX.

At the current rate the PRIDE & UFC shows are boring me, by year's end I'll refuse to talk about anything other than SHOOTO and K-1 MAX.

Let's talk about MAX, glad to know somebody else watches it. How about that Buakaw, eh?

And what's scary is that he seems to have discovered boxing skill that he never thought he had before. Drago impressed me in the tournament as well. Andy Souwer is one tough motherfucker, too.

I hear people talk about some MMA fighters and they say things like "Oh well he's fallen off because he doesnt' train with a top camp" or then you have guys who are at the Militech camp training.

What I was wondering was if these guys that trained at top camps started at these top camps? Or did they start MMA at some local gym, develop into a decent amateur fighter and then take it to the next level?

What I was wondering was if these guys that trained at top camps started at these top camps? Or did they start MMA at some local gym, develop into a decent amateur fighter and then take it to the next level?

Both. Pretty much anyone who can pay their monthly fees can train at any of the top camps around, though many will start at local MMA/BJJ/TMA/whatever schools first, and some never actually leave.

I'm sure the monthly fees at the big camps are huge though.

I've been working out at a local gym that some local MMA fighters work out at(i've just been doing kickboxing) and i only pay 70 a month.

I'm sure it'd be absurd to workout at the Militech camp or Team Quest.

I'm sure the monthly fees at the big camps are huge though.

I've been working out at a local gym that some local MMA fighters work out at(i've just been doing kickboxing) and i only pay 70 a month.

I'm sure it'd be absurd to workout at the Militech camp or Team Quest.

Actually both camps you mentioned are reasonable priced. BTT and Chute Boxe are also quite affordable. Quite a few place don't charge their pros to train, instead taking a cut of their fight pay cheque instead. The only extortionate gyms around I have heard of is the Legends MMA gym Couture and Rutten are setting up and some of the Gracie Barra gyms around.

So Fujita, Silva and Baroni are fighting on the UFC card in November. Looks like a PRIDE vs UFC card is in the works.

I heard of Fujita and Baroni fighting also...

Please feed Baroni to David Loiseau, after all the trash talking he's done about Canada.

Jens Pulver is going to be one of the coaches for TUF 5 which lends credence to the theory that season five is going to feature LW's.

If it weren't for Shamrock, Jens would take the award for "Coach Most Likely to Lose Against the Contestants."