TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Technically speaking, Jackson is on par in the stand-up department, though the size difference obviously makes that a non-factor.

Also, I'm looking forward to Cote's, Dewees' & Rivera's reactions to Leben getting smashed rather easily by Anderson Silva.

I hope they show them watching that fight live ala UFC 57 with season three. Rivera especially would be happy after lasting just over a minute with Leben.

Any guesses on who the identity of the WW that challenged GSP? I'm going with Spratt or Carter.

Any guesses on who the identity of the WW that challenged GSP? I'm going with Spratt or Carter.

What are you, racist?

That was the 1st thing that came into my mind.

But honestly I wouldn't be suprised if it was Carter. And Spratt did lose to GSP, so many he wanted revenge.

I'm going to Montreal at the end of the month for a couple days to get trained by famous boxing trainer Russ Amber(Canadians who watch "In This Corner" on TSN, know who I'm talking about).

I'll be sure not to make fun of the frenchies accent, it might spark a fuse.

I talked mad shit with Cote about his accent, and that was after sparring with him.

Maybe I'm TUF enough.

But are you TUF enough to be away from your family, live with the mental equivalent of 12 year olds, and listen to Dana White's voice for 6 weeks? DO YOU WANNA' BE A FUCKING FIGHTER?!

I can be away from my family for as long as it takes.

Can I stand to be around Dana White and the Lebens and Hermans of the world for more than a week? Probably not.

I also don't wanna sign a contract that essentially makes me a slave for three years.

I can be away from my family for as long as it takes.

Can I stand to be around Dana White and the Lebens and Hermans of the world for more than a week? Probably not.

I also don't wanna sign a contract that essentially makes me a slave for three years.

It would probably be more worth it to go to Thailand for a year (cheaper), train with them (best strikers in the world), and become a badass K-1 fighter (pays more money than UFC)

Guest DRH 502

Oh yes, it'd be so fun to go to Thailand where 120 pound 15 year old kicks can kick your ass...Fuck that shit those kids come out of the womb fighting.

Oh yes, it'd be so fun to go to Thailand where 120 pound 15 year old kicks can kick your ass...Fuck that shit those kids come out of the womb fighting.

I love watching a good Muy Thai fight. If I had any cartilege left in my knees I would've taken classes in it and judo just because they match my style (wrestling, grapples, straight ahead striking, more lower body power).

Guest DRH 502

Since this is MMA comments that don't warrant a thread i'd like to say:

Not good.

Vovchanchin foul,

No stop.

Vovchanchin fould,

No stop.

And then I look up for him to stop him and he say match over.

Bad referee. Wrong referee.

I'm watching the weigh-in's for Babalu/Liddell, and they announced Ortiz/Shamrock 3, and I must say in the interview with Joe Rogan and Shamrock, I was impress Ken didn't freak out and say how he is gonna beat the snot out of Tito, and even talked about burrying the hatchet after the fight. I respect that, he finally comes off as mature.

Not good.

Vovchanchin foul,

No stop.

Vovchanchin fould,

No stop.

Cries into a towel in the corner

I'm watching the weigh-in's for Babalu/Liddell, and they announced Ortiz/Shamrock 3, and I must say in the interview with Joe Rogan and Shamrock, I was impress Ken didn't freak out and say how he is gonna beat the snot out of Tito, and even talked about burrying the hatchet after the fight. I respect that, he finally comes off as mature.

They're gonna slow-burn the face turn of Shamrock over the next few months so when he loses and gives his retirement speech he can have the moment he always wanted instead of people booing him.

Hopefully anybody with a brain still boos him though.

Guest DRH 502

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this is gonna be a new Shamrock and he is gonna destroy Tito by heelhook in the first round.

Kidding.

Guest DRH 502

Its FSN...considering I hate all sports not MMA I have no clue the channel even exists outside of occasionally stumbling across a PRIDE event...but yeah I think they could do a better job of letting people know its out there...

Not good.

Vovchanchin foul,

No stop.

Vovchanchin fould,

No stop.

WHOOSH

Okay, you're gonna have to 'splain that one.

Not good.

Vovchanchin foul,

No stop.

Vovchanchin fould,

No stop.

WHOOSH

Okay, you're gonna have to 'splain that one.

He's referring to Igor's infamous "victory" at Pride 7, where he landed not one, but two (then) illegal knees to Mark Kerr's head on all fours. The ref neglected to penalize Igor for the infractions and called the match, giving the victory to Igor, though it was later changed to a no contest.

To be even more specific, it's what Kerr said to an official backstage immediately following the match, proceeded by him trying to procure some painkillers, as chronicled in "The Smashing Machine."

Its FSN...considering I hate all sports not MMA I have no clue the channel even exists outside of occasionally stumbling across a PRIDE event...but yeah I think they could do a better job of letting people know its out there...

Chris Rose hosting a Best Damn special the night before and one commercial is apperently enough for FSN.

Guest DRH 502

...and if someone doesn't watch Best Damn then how do they find about about the PRIDE show? Through one commericial you MIGHT by chance run across? Same with UFC really, SPIKE doesn't promote UFC as much as they could...and they deserve a way better timeslot than what they have...

Does everyone notice that before Joe Riggs fight and they should an interview with him, he always says he's "going to put a hole in his face"? Me and my friends were making fun of it, because Riggs always loses.

Guest DRH 502

Well, in my opinion right now the sky is the limit, regardless if sportscenter puts them on. It couldn't do anything but help though...

They do get at least some bad press though, because some sports "writers" are old farts who's heads are too far up their asses for them to actually get out and do even the tiniest bit of research on the sport before they badmouth it and claim that it's not a sport for reasons I still can't comprehend.