TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Leben would go Okami on Swick for the W.

Doubt it, there is a huge drop of talent when comparing Okami to a careerl ong gatekeeper like Chris Leben. Mike Swick isn't the same fighter he was when he 1st fought Chris Leben, while Leben hasn't really improved at all.

Joe Stevenson on Off The Record

http://media.putfile.com/otr-67

Along with Razor Ruddock, Steve Molitor, and Shawn Tompkins. It's a Canadian Sports Panel show on The Sports Network. I don't really like it much anymore, but I figure this topic would garner some interest.

If anyone wants proof that MMA is safer than Boxing, just listen to Razor Ruddock talk.

I'm actually really surprised that Swick vs. Leben hasn't already happened.

Dana's pretty good about not rushing into rematches...usually. The 3rd Chuck/Randy match was a little soon, as was Andre/Tim. But he made you wait for Stephen/Forrest 2, as well as Ortiz/Chuck 2

Dana's a smart businessman. He knows that now is the peak time to cash in on the huge feud that is Swick vs Leben and all of the dollars that'll come with it.

I cashed in on Swick at Full Tilt Poker. Took him for 276 bucks, hitting my full house on the river!

I did some investigative reporting... just for TSM. Swick was playing on Full Tilt last night (he's a poker pro now how?) and I asked him about Leben.

Mike Legend 24: Swick, is it true you're

gonna get the chance to knock Leben's head

off?

Dealer: Hand #2893327267

Mike Swick: We are trying to setup the

fight with Leben. I want it, my camp

wants it, and the UFC wants it. Its up to

him now...

I do it all for you, TSM.

Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin and possibly Chuck Lidell vs. Wanderlei Silva. That last one is not very strong, but his rumored return is October and they want him to face Wandy.

EDIT: And I just read Tito vs. Rashad 2. It's apparently confirmed. ufcjunkie.com

Swick should come over to PokerStars so I can rob him.

Swick probably plays the play money/freerolls only, and I wouldn't blame him. Lower/Mid-tier guys don't make enough to play even .05/.10 cash games when you factor in training costs and such.

Yeah that is a good one. I like Din Thomas.

Shogun is debuting at UFC 76 against Lyoto Machida.

Yikes. If you want to showcase a fighter, fergawdsakes don't put him up against Machida. This has the potential to disappoint, and not for lack of effort on Shogun's part.

TUF Season 3 came out on DVD this week. I'm assuming they removed all the bleeps so that Dana White's speeches can actually be understood.

And what UFC had the third Liddell-Couture fight?

Edited by KingPK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f76cxD1D9o4

The trailer for the new UFC videogame announced for 360 and PS3 next year featuring Virtual Rampage and Virtual Iceman duking it out. I'm REALLY interested in the control scheme they come up for this one.

i hope there is gonna be a version for the Wii, the controls for that would be awesome, and maybe pack it with some sort of leg straps that could act as kickin motions and put the Wiimote and Nunchuck forward for a take down, otherwise i am gonna switch to a 360 just for the game

That's the one DVD that's missing from my collection. I currently own 45-65, minus 57.

I have 43-47, and 50-64 minus 57. So I'm only missing 4 of the readily available ones. I think UFC was having a hissy fit with a distributor at the time and that's why there was a huge gap in between 56 and 58, plus with 57 being online only