TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

--On the Fedor Emelianenko contract front, his people met with Dana White in the past few days. There is no deal right now. The $2 million per fight number going around is not accurate. Four fights is likely accurate although I don't know that for certain. But the number is real big. Dana White told CBSSports.com that the latest round of negotiations didn't go well. "These guys are crazy," he said. The problem remains the same as they have been for a long time. UFC wants exclusivity. Fedor's people still want him to have the option to fight in Russia and they want to piggy-back on his negotiations to get the UFC to run shows in Russia and get Fedor's teammates into UFC.

Is the problem Fedor or Fedor's people? Could, or would, Dana throw them a bone and let one of Fedor's teammates into the UFC? Do Team Fedor even want him in the UFC, or are they just adamant about what they want and simply unwilling to budge for whatever reason?

My question is whether or not Dana, wanting the MMA version of Rocky IV (along with everyone else in the US), is going to cave in or not. If he does, that might mean a hell of a nightmare for the UFC if Fedor's people cut themselves in the way they want to.

Its the penultimate showdown right now, but I personally hope Dana doesn't knuckle under and tells Fedor and his people to go to hell if they are not willing to reach a compromise.

Pedro Rizzo stopped Jeff Monson via TKO in the third round of their Art of War title fight. The more notable thing on this show was ATT's Jorge Santiago tapping out Jeremy Horn via triangle choke in the first round. Horn hadn't been submitted since 2001 by Elvis Sinosic in the UFC- which, for Horn was 42 fights ago.

Guest Diablo_Dor

Probably a stupid question but in the sportsline interview that the observer gave a link to was a weird quote from dana

DW: Absolutely. I like Babalu. He's a good guy and a good fighter. Maybe he's just going through a weird time right now? Listen, we all make mistakes; we all do stupid s---. Like I said, had it been a knee, an elbow, or an ankle, it would be a whole different story.

Why did he say that? I'm guessing he didn't want any breaks on his ppv but the idea that its ok to forceably stop a guy from breathing might not end in a lifetime ban is a weird one.

Did anyone truely beleive Babalu would have broken a bone?

Spolier Ahead

PS the fight was BADASS and I wish ECW had ripped it off for Punks first win, that would have started the era of punk with a dark side

WEC card tomorrow.

MAIN CARD

Lightweight champ Rich Crunkilton (154) vs. Rob McCullough (155)

Bantamweight champ Rani Yahya (134.5) vs. Chase Beebe (135)

Jeremiah Billington (195) vs. Brian Stann (205)

Jeff Bedard (135) vs. Miguel Torres (135)

John Alessio (170) vs. Marcelo Brito (170)

UNDERCARD

Marcus Hicks (155) vs. Scott McAfee (155)

Bryan Baker (185) vs. Jesse Forbes (186)

Kenneth Alexander (156) vs Donald Cerrone (155)

Blas Avena (169) vs. Joe Benoit (171)

Ian McCall (134) vs. Ox Wheeler (135)

Jens got injured so that fight against Cub Swanson got pushed back to 11/3. I'm not familiar with a lot of these fighters, but I'm looking forward to the two title bouts, just because... and I also want to see Brian Stann get his face pounded in. I hate the marine "gimmick" despite the fact that he's from the town I grew up in (Scranton, PA).

Well, Joe Rogan hates me now.

GeorgesStPierre_Blck.jpg

Came down to this and Rampage due to awesomeness, but I went with GSP for the simple reason that the Rampage was sold out of my size.

Yes, I just spent $50 on a T-shirt.

Well, Joe Rogan hates me now.

GeorgesStPierre_Blck.jpg

Came down to this and Rampage due to awesomeness, but I went with GSP for the simple reason that the Rampage was sold out of my size.

Yes, I just spent $50 on a T-shirt.

x21-blk.jpg

I'll probably pick this one up this weekend, but the ones I really want are these:

XC_GSP_Blck.jpg Gladiator_Blck.jpg

Meh.

Was Herb Dean half-a-fucking-sleep when Jesse Forbes got heatbutted at point blank range directly in the face? That was so bad that I actually said to myself... I bet Herb Dean is the ref before I knew who it was... and sure enough I was right.

Mir was out of control tonight. He misspoke more times then he got it correct.

The card itself was ok - the fights ranged from average to boring.

Meh.

Was Herb Dean half-a-fucking-sleep when Jesse Forbes got heatbutted at point blank range directly in the face? That was so bad that I actually said to myself... I bet Herb Dean is the ref before I knew who it was... and sure enough I was right.

Mir was out of control tonight. He misspoke more times then he got it correct.

The card itself was ok - the fights ranged from average to boring.

Thing is there was no headbutt. Like the Sylvia arm-break.

The first minute of round 3 of Roger Huerta/Leonard Garcia is tremendous. Starts off with the standard showing of respect, then Garcia goes immediately for a takedown which Huerta throws off and then throws a high kick and then starts the looney toons routine. Absolutely tremendous. Fuck damn has 155 been good to us this year.

I'm kinda surprised that so many people are giving the win to Edgar so easily. No doubt he has shown he's a prospect and maybe even a contender given how 55 rounds out, but Fisher is a very good fighter and while some will bring up Fisher getting taken down easily by Dan Lauzon, Edgar also got dropped, albeit momentarily, by Bocek (who I am a fan of, but readily admit that doesn't have the best striking, let alone the hands of a Fisher.)

I'm just getting into MMA, so this may have already been addressed, but. Did anyone see the IFL lightweight bout between Chris Horodecki and Shad Lierley? I (as one might infer from the previous statement) don't know much about MMA, but that fight was awesome!

Anyone else see the latest WEC show, with the Rob McCollough vs. Rich Crunkilton main event? A really good event, and I thought the Bantamweight title fight was awesome. Chase Beebe didn't seem to tire at all for the five rounds, and just kept going and going.

I'm kinda surprised that so many people are giving the win to Edgar so easily. No doubt he has shown he's a prospect and maybe even a contender given how 55 rounds out, but Fisher is a very good fighter and while some will bring up Fisher getting taken down easily by Dan Lauzon, Edgar also got dropped, albeit momentarily, by Bocek (who I am a fan of, but readily admit that doesn't have the best striking, let alone the hands of a Fisher.)

Edgar's strengths is Fisher's weakness. Fisher has horrible wrestler, and Edgar is a very good wrestler. I doubt Fisher will be able to scramble his way up to his feet if Edgar takes him down, and will most likely get GNP'd.

I haven't seen the Edgar/Bocek fight(anyone link me to it?) but from the PBP I read, it was Edgar who dropped Bocek.

Bocek dropped at Edgar at one point as well, breaking his nose in the process. But for the most part he was boxing like a grappler, bent over forward and such.

So it other words, it was nothing more then a lucky shot? Sounds like Edgar came in the fight not really preparing his stand up(nor was he concerned about Bocek's stand up) and focused more on his ground game and got caught with a punch. Edgar's stand up looked good against Tyson Griffin.