TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

That has to be total balls: Filho gets a buy on the KO and Sonnen get's f'd in the A on the armbar. C'mon, didn't that jew ref see Sonnen vs. Babalu? He screams like a bitch ALL the time, let it break.

That fight was quite the tough case for Filho as top fighter in the division... is it really steroid withdrawl? Filho was a great fighter, once, no? Or did he never fight wrestlers or strikers or...

And since Filho is dropping so much bulk, he should probably be thinking about moving down to 169.

Now that he's off of the roids, it will be interesting to see how he does without relying on brute strength and position control. Today, he did not do so good, but the ease with which he almost got the first armbar, as well as the one he finished with, shows me that he is still a very dangerous, and possibly, more interesting, fighter in this element.

Yeah but he lacked in explosiveness in any area of the game, even in his submissions. Filho is lucky Sonnen clearly doesn't know what he's doing, because he was put in the same position Horn tapped him in and he didn't think it necessary to fill that hole in his game. Filho was so lethargic, no snap in his punches, his reaction time was nil, his takedown attempt was lackluster and he was moving around the ring like he had lead in his feet. He wasn't Clay Guida before, but he was a lot more active and reactive. Very disappointing first two fights in WEC. Zuffa was smart in not having him debut on the big stage. Should be standard protocol if it weren't for the bottom line.

Jens busting out the Cromado-style grovit on the supposed guillotine expert will likely go down as the best moment of the event.

And yes, that includes the Release German Suplex.

I sincerely hope that a lot of Paulo's lackluster effort resulted from him getting knocked loopy right at the beginning of round one by that takedown. I heard Henderson and Lindland screaming that he was KO'd. At least that's what I'm hoping, but who knows.

The clubbing right hand/german suplex sequence was fucking awesome but probably wasn't as cool as Frank being 2x the size of Valencia in the post fight interview.

Nice quick sub for Jens and then he yelled fuck you to everyone in sight. He said he wants a title fight within 3 months?

Faber looks like a beast...but at the same time, doesn't. Like Joe Rogan or that geeky kid you think you could destroy and then they show up and curbstomp you.

Curran had his back for 3 minutes and didn't even sniff a dangerous position.

The jumping knee while the other leg was occupied was pretty sick.

Yeah - I'm really hoping for Urijah/Kid sometime this summer.

Was this even on Canadian tv? I mean, I missed it regardless but just wondering. Gots to find dem fights asap. And holy shit on the JAAAAAHMENNNNNN sooplay.

Nope, I watched it on stream.

By the way my night at work sucked balls but on the way out I thought to myself "This will be worth it if I go home and find out Lil Jens has taken it."

LIL JENS. Ya best protect ya neck, Faber.

The Michigan State Senate passed a bill 23-13 to legalize MMA. The house had already passed the bill so it only needs the okay of Governor Jennifer Granholm.

Hopefully that cunt Granholm passes the bill so we can get some fighting here

I as well am 'bout it as Michigan would be the closest thing to Montreal in terms of travelling to a UFC event. But man oh man I'd be breaking that vow I made a while back to never set foot on Michigan soil. No offense YNA it just seems that every portrayl of your state is a shitty one.

The CNBC special last night was mostly pretty interesting, except for the bit on the Tapout guys.

There was a killer part during the end of the first segment when they cought up with Randy. He was kind of ignoring the interviewer, and the interviewer asked him if "The UFC needs Randy Couture more than Randy Couture needs the UFC." Randy said he wasn't in a position to speak, but mentioned there are other places to fight.

The guy repeated his question, and Randy said...well, not for me. I only ever wanted to fight in the UFC and I don't want to fight there anymore. I guess I can't be a fighter anymore, as he trailed off and looked like he was about to break in to tears.

Five ounces of pain has links to all the segments for those of you who weren't able to catch it. Dana comes off both as a genius and as a giant d-bag in parts, which is probably customary.

Is the WEC show worth going out of my way to see? I mean, I know the results, so are the fights themselves anything special or did it end up being average/slight above average?

I would definitely catch the replay. The fights range from good to great, and there are some highlight reel moments that you'll want to see for yourself.

And now for some YouTube greatness:

I guess the Huerta/Florian speculation was a bit premature.

He's said he's not fighting for 6-8 months, citing burnout after 5 fights in 2007.