TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Tito no longer gives a fuck and tries to get by on his name. Yet he thinks he deserves a title shot.

Tito gave an interview not too long ago bitching that with Dana in charge he's not going to get another title shot...what has he done to deserve one? His win over Forrest was questionable at best, and his draw (granted should have been a win) against Rashad was not a good showing. Other than Ken who's he beaten lately? Cote? a true 185 fighter, and even then he couldn't finish.

If Tito finished fights then maybe...

his draw (granted should have been a win) against Rashad was not a good showing.

I don't understand how Tito should have won the Rashad fight... The fight was called fair, Tito was warned not to grab on to the fence, he continued so the ref did the right thing and took the point away. Tito won the 1st, and could've won the 2nd had he not grabbed the fence(but you could also argue that Rashad taking down Tito would've scored Rashad points), and Rashad clearly won the 3rd.

And for the last time Tito's desicion against Forrest was not questionable at best. Just because the crowd goes crazy that Forrest lands one out of every 12 punches thrown, and Rogan and Bonnar constantly dickriding Forrest doesn't make the fight questionable. Tito clearly outboxed Forrest the 3rd round and scored a takedown to seal the fight.

Ortiz/Machida is risky. For both UFC and Tito.

Machida has all the talent to take Tito apart. For that reason, it's a risky fight for him to take. He could very realistically get his ass kicked badly.

On the flipside, it's double risky for UFC. If Tito wins the fight, and then says he's leaving then UFC just promoted him and handed him to another group. And if Machida wins, then UFC will have to give him a title shot which is a nightmare scenario at this point. Machida hasn't shown any weaknesses whatsoever in any of his UFC fights, and could be a threat to take the title. With how they've promoted him, and his methodical style, that is bad for UFC's sign board division.

February 5, 2008

Zuffa Sale Rumor Goes Public

This weekend rumors that Zuffa and the UFC are for sale went public in a radio interview between Steve Cofield and Dana White. Sam Caplan has a transcript of the relevant exchange at FiveOuncesofPain.com. When asked if the company was for sale, White essentially said that everything has a price and that there have been unsolicited bids, but that the company was not actively shopping for buyers.

MMAPayout.com first heard that the company was for sale back in December. At that time, the rumored asking price was in the neighborhood of $220 million with the profile of the prospective buyer being described as a media company, preferably international. Including the company's $350 million debt, that asking price would put Zuffa's value at more than half a billion dollars. Since then sources have told MMAPayout.com that the rumored asking price is significantly higher.

Many in the industry believe that the company's major, some would say quixotic, international expansion effort is related to its rumored sale (SEE: Tough Sledding: UFC Finding International Expansion Isn't Easy).

Ortiz/Machida is risky. For both UFC and Tito.

Machida has all the talent to take Tito apart. For that reason, it's a risky fight for him to take. He could very realistically get his ass kicked badly.

On the flipside, it's double risky for UFC. If Tito wins the fight, and then says he's leaving then UFC just promoted him and handed him to another group. And if Machida wins, then UFC will have to give him a title shot which is a nightmare scenario at this point. Machida hasn't shown any weaknesses whatsoever in any of his UFC fights, and could be a threat to take the title. With how they've promoted him, and his methodical style, that is bad for UFC's sign board division.

Tito Ortiz has the right style and skillset to beat Machida... I haven't seen Machida display his takedown defense... Especially against a fighter with really good takedowns like Tito. Machida won't be able to submit Tito on the ground, and I can see Tito just sitting in Machida's guard, grinding out a desicion.

For those who want to be cool and rep some japanese terms for throws and then scoff at UFC commentary during a Karo Parisyan fight when they call everything a "Judo throw" or "There's the Judo" when in reality it was a tsurikomigoshi (see, impressed, aren't you?)...

http://www.thenewwarrior.com/media/117/26_...st_broken_down/

The whole site is good.

What's the point of having people like Dolph Lundgren on Inside MMA? I FFed through every time they focused on him. It's just those little things that irritate me.

The major thing that irritates me is Kenny Rice. He sucks at his job, firstly, and he also comes across as a grade A sleazebag when the camera isn't rolling. Luckily the awesomeness of Bas and the pretty decent newscage segments keep me tuning in every week when there aren't great guests.

What's the point of having people like Dolph Lundgren on Inside MMA? I FFed through every time they focused on him. It's just those little things that irritate me.

HE IS IVAN FUCKING DRAGO.

HE KILLED APOLLO CREED! IN THE RING! AND DIDN'T GIVE NO FUCK ABOUT IT!

Where'd that take place, Sparta??

The Ginger kid* throws bombs like Fedor.

I like how the ref steps in when the Ginger Kid grabs the fence, but not when the other 8 year old is getting his head punched it.

"Oh, ooooh! This isn't right. This just isn't right at all. LET GO OF THE FENCE AND CONTINUE TO PUMMEL THAT 3rd GRADER TILL HE FORGETS THE BASIC GEOMETRY HE LEARNED IN CLASS YESTERDAY!"

(*who the fuck names their kid Dakota? Honestly? Was Montana taken? No love for Oregon?)

OH SHIT! THAT KID JUST PULLED RUBBER GUARD!

"And now Aaron has mission control and, oh, he let it go. What I was about to say is that he needed to get his meat hook in and control the posture of his opponent but he didn't do it right. Really experienced guys in the rubber guard, all the guys at Eddie Bravos gym, the guys that are on the cutting edge, are all waiting for that hand to be on the mat and then it's as good as done. But this dude is fighting like a 6 year old. Amateur night."

OH SHIT HE JUST KILLED THAT KID WITH A SPINNING BACKFIST! WHO IS THIS REF? HE IS THE BLIND MAZZAGATTI!

For serious, the Ginger is landing a dozen unanswered shots and his opponent is reacting like, well, an 8 year old getting the shit kicked out of him, and nothing is being done. That's truly fucked. In the "up"'d kinda way.

Only the lowest forms of life could have been involved in this fight.

Does anybody else think that if Tim Sylvia played up his boos and went into all out heel mode he could be extremely marketable?

I mean, who wouldn't pay to see Timmy fight after he spent months talking about how great he is and how much the fans can all go fuck themselves?

Kimbo training with Goldberg:

I've been looking all over for Bas Rutten's "I Wanna Chill" song ever since I heard it on Inside MMA last night.

It's on his DVD's.

So... Carlos Condit has one more fight left on his WEC contract and is thinking of jumping to the UFC. Assuming he beats Prader and whomever his next opponent is, where do you think he slots in at 170 in the UFC? It'd be hard to say, I think.

I'd say his first fight should be against someone like Thiago Alves to give him (and us) a good idea of where he fits in right off the bat.

Wouldn't a shitty movie starring Casey Affleck also have the added horror of having Scott Caan as well? If that's the case I'll take Ryan Reynolds.

"Fighting Fedor" is basically TUF with the "reward" of getting fucked up by Fedor, right?

Some beautiful trash talk by BJ.

“… I’m just training full speed. I’m going to go in there and show this man of cardio what cardio really is…. I’m just going to go kick his ass…. Everybody has questioned my heart, questioned my training ethics, this and that, but I never did something as cowardly as to take any sports enhancement drug…. I think these people going in taking these sports enhancement drugs, they’re not real fighters, they’re athletes. I’m a fighter. I’m a real fighter. That’s all I did my whole life…. Sean’s a great fighter. He’s done a lot of great things in the past. I’ll never dispute that, and it will be a great win, whether he’s on steroids or not. It’s a great win to beat Sean Sherk. It’s going to be sweet beating Sean Sherk on May 24.

Anyone else hoping beyond hope that either WVR or DREAM ends up on HDNet?

Randy, his wife and American Gladiators broad are on Inside MMA.

I think it's very insulting to label Gina Carano as the "American Gladiators broad", show some respect you fucking bitch.