TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

2 weeks, whatever AV is choosen by user, aslong as it's not racist.

That's fine, but if I lose I won't be able to use your choice until I get back on the 9th, is that cool? If you lose, I can either post it here before the match (just in case) or you can wait until I get back, it's up to you.

Well if you're not going to be here to enjoy it, then theres no point in having it until you comeback. So if I lose, I'll put it up when you get back.

Ehhhhh....I dunno about that. One fighter has looked good in his last three fights and shown skills we didn't know he had. Another is 1-0 at WW, looked horrible in the victory and showed that he wasn't as hot as people thought at MW.

But Swick looked good against Schoenauer, Riggs, Ray, and Vigneault. But against Loiseau and Okami he didn't look to hot. This is the difference between fighting lower tier and upper tier. It's what happens when you fight guys in the top 10. Swick isn't top ten by any means, but he at least has faced top ten talent, which is a benefit that Davis doesn't have. Swick has proven he can hang with the top guys. This is a fight for both Davis and Swick to move up the ranks at welter, which is why it is such a good match.

Davis having better stand up, while probable, is not something I would consider to be fight deciding. He's been hot and cold in the striking dept. and with Swicks reach and tactics, along with Davis' own aggression, I could see Swick staying outside his range and taking the fight like he did vs. Loiseau. And you never know, maybe training with Kos and Fitch for years has given Swick some takedowns. Plus, with Swicks long limbs, Marcus' willingness to take a leg kick and Davis's penchant for bodyshots could get him in trouble if Swick throws a highkick.

Right now, Davis is in Kenny Florian territory with me where I need to see how he fares against higher levels of competition before I start fully backing him.

Ok, now for something completely different.

Me and a buddy were discussing the XC CBS deal, and then Kimbo. I'm not sure how it got there, but someone suggested that Kimbo should take over that Pussycat Dolls show. And then the discussion moved to "How many Pussycat Dolls could Kimbo take in a fight".

So, mma people...how many could he take on? Since the reality show has like a zillion pussycat wannabes, this wouldn't be limited to just the current size of the band. My friend figures that he could take a pretty large amount...15. His reasoning is that they won't all attack at once, some will stay back out of fear. I figure it's closer to 7...if they can surround him they could do some damage. Thoughts?

There was some light talk of Faber vs. Pulver actually being a PPV bout but Dana said at the Bud Light press conference that it's going to be on free TV this summer.

Brock will be on the August PPV. I think it's good to give him as much time as necessary between bouts.

He's on in 10 mins, I'll update this if anything is said, I assume its a fluff piece for UFC 82, and I'll be surprised if The CBS deal for Elite is talked about

Blah blah ... "How would a boxer fare vs MMA" "What's the most important feature a fighter should have" "Does Bloodshed hurt sponsorships" "Do you still want to box Tito yet"

Augh

So at a recent TKO show Pele broke his leg off a kick. I would post the gif, but that would entail watching it again. Which I will never, ever do. My god, the horror. Apparently he passed out from the pain. His opponents reaction was one of pure worry.

The IFL show last night mostly bored me to tears. There could have been a few good fights mixed in, but I fell asleep about half way through. I did catch Scherner get knocked out by the fat dude that's the heavyweight champ.

My recording of the Xtreme Couture smoker cutout half way through Kim's fight but she was getting her BUTT kicked.

Odd request but does anyone have a very up-close high(ish) quality picture of Roger Huerta's tattoo?

Google image search is getting back some good ones but I'm looking for a view from head on.

I'm thinking of getting the chest and tricep piece with a small bit of the back piece and I'd like a really clear image.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found very good pictures on his MySpace.

l_35761eea3fd4477a1992158c1a04416f.jpg

You get no arguments here. Still doesn't excuse the gayness. Huerta's tats are bad for business in that people who haven't seen MMA before are drawn to him because of it.

Well I've wanted a tattoo for the longest time but was always puzzled as to what I would get. I hate, hate, hate colored tats because they almost always look white trash to me. Ever since Roger's been adding on to his tattoo it's just been getting better and better and I finally found one that I would be comfortable having.

In conclusion - yes, I am gay for Huerta.

I watched the entire smoker bout of Kim Couture's, she held her own in the first round but the other two she was completely dominated by the jab it seemed. During the post fight interview, Randy (possibly taking a page out of the Tim Sylvia playbook) said that she was suffering from illness and that explains why she was gassed.

In the parts I saw she got absolutely jabbed to death. That's a pretty accurate assessment of the fight.

Martin Kampmann will make his return against Jorge Rivera at UFC 85 in London.

It's hard to count out Rivera, especially with his last outing... Plus you have to add in the fact Kampmann is coming off a serious injury and hasn't been in a fight for over a year. Cage rust could be an issue...

Not sure if that was in reference to me but I don't own any MMA clothing except Affliction, which I don't even really consider MMA clothing. I did defend wearing it in the past but I don't personally wear it.

Anyways, Shogun is out of UFC 85 match with Chuck. I wonder who they're going to get to replace him?

I'm unclear if I Like Forums posted Mask because I'm debating (leaning towards) getting Roger Huerta's tattoo.

If they plan on keeping Chuck on the card... Houston might end up being the best choice.

Assuming, of course, that he steamrolls Irvin.

All of the other top 205s that would draw are tied up at the moment.

The only "left-field" choice would be Bonnar. I'd rather Alexander.