TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

I'd say Gouevia gets the call. They've done too good of a job setting up the big LHW matches to the point where (besides Wilson) there's really nobody around to take on Chuck. Another option would be to have Gouveia fight at UFC 84 and give Chuck somebody like Jardine or Rashad.

I'd say Gouevia gets the call. They've done too good of a job setting up the big LHW matches to the point where (besides Wilson) there's really nobody around to take on Chuck. Another option would be to have Gouveia fight at UFC 84 and give Chuck somebody like Jardine or Rashad.

Well they are already advertising Jardine/Silva, so that isn't an option... Me personally, I want to see Rashad Evans Vs. Thiago Silva, it will answer a lot of question about both fighters.

The best options is either Gouveia or Alexander(if he beats Irvin).

In what we shall file under "Pretty fucking cool" Rampage will be the second fighter in MMA history (next to Randy) to star in a Nike commercial with Lebron James and others that will be filming shortly.

Amazingly, Randy was in that Nike commercial in 1996. It was a bunch of people with cauliflower ears. I remember that commercial but 14 year old me had no earthly idea who Randy Couture was.

Interesting choice... I know everyone is going to count out Rashad, but I think he can take it. He's at his best when everyone is doubting him.

I wonder if Chuck will go on the offensive in this match, like against Silva?

I also want to see how Rashad C-rate Roy Jones Jr. style of fighting does against Liddell.

I do think Rashad could take it in a surprising split decision.

Interesting choice... I know everyone is going to count out Rashad, but I think he can take it. He's at his best when everyone is doubting him.

Unless there's two Rashad's fighting in MMA there's only one showing up which is the one who only drew Tito because of a fence grab and got outstruck by Bisping.

Sugar's gonne get murdered somethin' fierce.

Unless there's two Rashad's fighting in MMA there's only one showing up which is the one who only drew Tito because of a fence grab and got outstruck by Bisping.

Sugar's gonne get murdered somethin' fierce.

Chuck has a lot of holes in his stand up that Rashad's handspeed can expose... And Bisping didn't really outstriked Rashad, watch the fight without Rogan and Goldberg blowing their load everytime Bisping would land a shot. Rashad landing quite a bit with his hands, where is Bisping was looking for kicks and knees.

And Tito and Chuck are completely different fighters, Rashad is going to approach the Chuck fight differently then he did with Tito. I would take an AV bet with you, but we both know you're not man enough to honor your bets.

Josh Barnett vs. Hidehiko Yoshida from Sengoku rocked 12 degrees of Heel Hook from the Babyfaced Assassin. Erik Paulson must've stroked one off when he saw Barnett put his knee on Yoshidas calf and cranked the toes. Plus, that backdrop was glorious. Ignoring the fact that Barnett got lit on his feet by Hidehiko fucking Yoshida, and had to go into round 3 with a guy who was spent mid-way through the first, it was a fine leg locky performance.

Watching the UFC Validaton DVD and the undercard is so awesome. Lytle vs. Alves was tremendous and they should really think about doing another one in the future. Lauzon was a fucking beast. Aurelio pounded the shit out of lil Hulk. Gono out-smoothed Barncat and finished him with the dope armbar.

Joe Rogan favouritism in full effect. He blows Jon Fitch for being a "grinder" but when Frankie Edgar grapplefucks Kingfish throughout and plays drums on the dudes face, Rogan ain't so fellating and menstruates over the lack of guard passage and side controlage and lockdownage.

Overall, the DVD is actually really good.

Josh Barnett vs. Hidehiko Yoshida from Sengoku rocked 12 degrees of Heel Hook from the Babyfaced Assassin. Erik Paulson must've stroked one off when he saw Barnett put his knee on Yoshidas calf and cranked the toes. Plus, that backdrop was glorious. Ignoring the fact that Barnett got lit on his feet by Hidehiko fucking Yoshida, and had to go into round 3 with a guy who was spent mid-way through the first, it was a fine leg locky performance.

You forget that Barnett has also struggled to put away Yuki Kondo (despite mounting him the first), been outstruck by Takahashi, and his submission skills can at times be as awkward as the shoot fighters he constantly fellates.

Oh, and Barnett trying to figure out how to finish off a kneebar while Yoshida is literally to tired to do anything about was equal parts sad and humourous.

Top 10 Kneebars in MMA history:

1) Yamamoto/Fuji

2) Kopylov/Branco

3) Mishima/Cromado

4) Murahama/Boku

5) Sato/Cordeiro

6) Thompson/Sugie

7) Newton/Sakuraba

8) Shamrock/Rutten

9) Williams/Charles

10) Rua/Randleman

Ken Shamrock got KO'd by Robert Berry at CR 25

dude, call it a career.

26 - 13 - 2

now 2-8 in his last 10 fights, dude might be .500 by the time he quits

I don't know if I'd put it up as high as Yves Edwards jumping knee on Berto but good gravy Tom Watson upkicking the shit out of Pierre Guillet at the Cage Rage show last night will be high on my KO of The Year list come December.

Man, I so wish I knew how to make music videos, as Tim Sylvia's, "That's Minotauro Nogueria..." line after losing to him would make such a great highlight video. You put that on loop like every eight or nine seconds, have a shitty rap beat in the background, and some highlights of Nog, and you got a hilarious and great video.