TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

I caught it. I agree that Horodecki has a bright future but he didn't really look all that great last night. That decision could have easily gone the other way.

I'd like to see Wagney Fabiano fight Faber. He knocked Lierey OUT. Dude's eyes were rolling back in his head and he was trying to get up but just couldn't move. It was a sick, sick KO one one punch.

Blackburn had a pretty sick KO too. He was losing the fight pretty convincingly but got the KO.

The card was much more enjoyable to watch with Ron Kruck on commentary in place of Kenny Rice. I've expressed my Kenny Rice hate many many times in this thread but my god, the man just sucks at his job.

“That guy (Tyson Griffin) doesn’t want to fight me because he thinks he’s somewhere higher up than me? I just beat a guy that’s better than him. When was the last time he finished a fight anyways against any 155 pounder that was half decent on the ground..oh yeah never.”

HATE!

Nate Diaz quote, obviously.

In a very well booked match - Kendall Grove vs. Evan Tanner is on for the TUF7 final.

Is it safe to say that the loser of this fight is pretty much in deep shit as far as their UFC career?

I never as a big Tanner fan but his startling honesty about his alcoholism won him some points in my book. Couple that with the fact that Grove has pretty much always rubbed me the wrong way and I'll be pulling for Evan in this one.

Also: McFedries vs. Eastman. I like Marvin at 185. I thought Terry Martin would beat him but Marvin won the decision there. It will be a slugfest, at least.

Damn. I figured Grove would lose to Cote, but the Rivera fight shocked me a little. They haven't cut one of their TUF winners yet, but if Grove loses again I could see it happening...and I think he'll lose

I didn't start a thread myself, because I have nothing to offer. But since my MMA knowledge is quite limited, and the sport is gaining new fans at a rapid pace, I was wondering if someone could make a thread with information useful to newbies and long time fans alike. Something with links to sites with info on history as well as new stuff, videos, and schedules for various organizations' televised shows.

Why don't we just start a "FAQ for new fans" thread and pin it? That way somebody doesn't waste their time on things that weren't relevant to to the questions being asked.

He's still better than a lot of guys.

And a lot of guys aren't given the dap Quadros is, being thought of as some sort of guru despite proving himself to be hilariously uninformed a good amount of the time.

Carmelo Marrero suffered a "tiny" headcut during his NC this past weekend.

1008.jpg

melo.jpg

And here's a LOL from Bisping:

I've read over multiple reports of the Marrero fight and can't fathom why it was changed from a win for his opponent to a NC. As I understand it he landed badly during a takedown and opened up the cut, nothing in the way of an illegal strike caused it.

But sweet Jesus that looks bad. May not be the most disgusting cut in MMA but that's got some good length to it at least.

The YAMMA "pit":

Something tells me Chuck Norris will be looking for royalties, because the World Combat League "ring" looks pretty similar...

Yeah - I'll get the torrent of YAMMA but I don't know... it's not exactly "revolutionary" like they were claiming.

Thiago Alves said on TAGG radio that he is the #1 contender, in a way. He's got the winner of the winner of Serra/St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch.

That should be sometime around December/January. Should he take off between now and then or schedule another fight? We saw how that worked out for Karo. I don't know.

Thiago Alves said on TAGG radio that he is the #1 contender, in a way. He's got the winner of the winner of Serra/St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch.

That should be sometime around December/January. Should he take off between now and then or schedule another fight? We saw how that worked out for Karo. I don't know.

If Fitch gets next, doesn't that make Alves the #2 contender?

lol. Yes, it does.

I concede that was poor phrasing but the gist of it is he's in line for a title shot. I did a bad job writing that.