TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

He's a much better techncial striker then Chris Leben, there shouldn't be no debating that... I can easily see him winning on points, with his striking.

Isn't UFC 85 only two weeks after 84 anyway, which is most likely going to hurt the buyrate of one of those two PPVs. Odds are that now that Chuck is off, most people are going to go for 85 because not only is Rampage headling, but both Rampage and Forrest are the coaches for TUF which is just the greatest promotion tool going right now. I don't see 84 surviving as a PPV, but who knows what is going through Dana White's mind.

Me, I prefer UFC 83 & 85 to 84, and I don't want to carry two PPVs on one billing cycle, so if 84 remains a PPV, I think I am just going to Hooters for it....

(This entire post is null and void if it is in fact UFC 84 that is two weeks after 83, and not the scenario I laid out above)

Mike, how could 84 NOT remain a PPV? Sherk/Penn, Ortiz/Machida, AND Silva/Jardine? If there's one your going to pay for, why wouldn't it be that one? I get the whole having 2 PPVs on one billing cycle, but not the notion that it somehow MIGHT be a free TV show.

Kimbo saying that other fighters who smack-talk him are "creating a monster" by doing so is BADASS. I want a motivated Kimbo training to be a fighter not product and eventually make his way to the big leagues.

He meant 85. He had all the numbers mixed up in that post because Rampage/Forrest is 86.

Yessir, I just got the event numbers mixed up.....so to clarify.....84 is a big money show, 85 should be free on Spike....and then 86 is Rampage/Griffin.

Thanks, Mik.

Kimbo saying that other fighters who smack-talk him are "creating a monster" by doing so is BADASS. I want a motivated Kimbo training to be a fighter not product and eventually make his way to the big leagues.

Yes it is, and MMA fighters should be smarter then that anyway, anyone with half a brain knows that anyone with Kimbo's punching power is going to have a chance, and it is not like the guy is not taking MMA seriously. His trainers are legit and are being smart managers for him. Sure, he still has a ways to go technique-wise, but he could probably legit put almost anyone to sleep if and when he connects with his fists. The more Kimbo is bashed, the more it gives Kimbo a venue to respond and grow a brand-name for himself and Elite XC, and when he finally does come to UFC, a lot of guys are going to hope they aren't the first to get a crack at him with a chance to eat their words.

He meant 85. He had all the numbers mixed up in that post because Rampage/Forrest is 86.

Yessir, I just got the event numbers mixed up.....so to clarify.....84 is a big money show, 85 should be free on Spike....and then 86 is Rampage/Griffin.

Thanks, Mik.

actually I think its 84, TUF finale, then 2 weeks later is 85, then 86

also I read somewhere that UFC is gonna make quite a few cuts to the roster because they have over 200 fighters under contract

In TUF finale news Dean Lister vs Jeremy Horn is going down on that show.

I think it's quite odd that UFC cuts Jake O'Brien due to him not being exciting enough but somehow Dean Lister still finds work.

either the next paycheck or the one after that I'm goin back to Best Buy and pick up UFC 69-73 and UFC 80 as well, are those shows any good?

69 isn't great but it does have Huerta/Garcia on it which was awesome. 70 had the headkick of death from Gonzaga as well as a solid undercard, 71 isn't that great but Karo/Burkman is fun and seeing Chuck get dropped never gets old. 72 most will tell you isn't great but I bought it solely on the strength of Guida/Griffin. 73 is killer.

I bought 80 yesterday and it's probably the best UFC since 74. Only two decision and both were good-very good and the rest is all finishes with some gully knockouts on the main card.

So, this is something that may or may not mean anything but it's worth noting that UFC has taken Frank Mir vs Justin McCully down from the UFC 75 match listings, prompting many to believe that Mir vs Noguiera for the title will be the new main event.

If so, sucks to be Werdum and sucks even more to be Vera.

Mir/Nog makes the most sense right now. Werdum's a good fighter, but him against Nog wouldn't have drawn flies. Mir's a name, just had a high profile fight, and can be slotted in their easily.

He has no shot in heavenly earth of winning, but it still makes the most sense. If they do Nog/Mir, then do Vera/Werdum and bammo you got your next contender.

I think it sucks the most to be Arlovski. How would you not make money of of this guy?

It's hard to be taken seriously when you've turned into a sissy.

I know you're not forgetting it but just for the record Vera pushed Mir's shit in badly and I'd bet he does it again if they were to rematch.

MMA's a business. Vera's coming off a boring fight with Tim Sylvia where he lost. Mir's coming off an exciting fight with Brock where he won. Mir's also a former world champion. It's pretty easy to see that Mir would make more money then Vera or Werdum right now.

I'm not sure if this was common knowledge already but on Inside MMA this week they announced that DREAM 1-6 are going to be on HDNet, which encompasses both the lightweight and middleweight grand prixs.

Obviously DREAM 1 already happened and they are going to replay that the day before DREAM 2.

Exciting.

On another note, I can't believe Starnes had the balls to go on Inside MMA and basically sound like a bitch.