TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

GSP has only been subbed once in his career and his ground and pound is better then Fitch's. Also much better standup.

But I don't want to see GSP/Silva, honestly. Andy would kill GSP.

GSP/Anderson will NEVER happen. GSP is the face of MMA, no way Dana is going to feed him to the Spider.

Koscheck has the wrestling ability, but I can see him getting caught in a sub. How about Diego? Diego is a feisty one on the ground, but don't think his chin can take the shots Silva would throw at him.

Can anyone beat Anderson Silva? Anybody?

I'd give some 205 guys decent chances. Forrest has the size and endurance to push the fight into the later rounds and he can absorb punishment pretty well. Good wrestling and the grappling to keep Silva down without getting subbed by those long legs.

GSP/Anderson will NEVER happen. GSP is the face of MMA, no way Dana is going to feed him to the Spider.

Koscheck has the wrestling ability, but I can see him getting caught in a sub. How about Diego? Diego is a feisty one on the ground, but don't think his chin can take the shots Silva would throw at him.

Can anyone beat Anderson Silva? Anybody?

I've already said... Koscheck has stated he's scared shitless of Anderson Silva, they shared the same training room for UFC 82 together, and after watching Anderson train, he said he wants no parts of Anderson Silva.

Diego would get killed, in the 1st 2 miniutes... He would be undersized badly at 185, and he could cut to 155 if he really wanted to.

Like LOTC said, 205 is the best options for fighters who could beat Anderson. But I'd give BJ a chance against Anderson, because he's BJ fucking Penn.

A friendly reminder to all HDNet subscribers they'll be showing the Ring of Combat II event tonight at 10 PM. Showcases some Xtreme Couture fighters like Jay Heiron, Mike Pyle and John Alessio.

It seems like the nature of this sport is for guys to lose when no one expects them to, and not always against someone viewed as their "toughest competition"

I don't see Cote being the one to dethrone Anderson Silva, but if Anderson decides to stay put at 205 for awhile, I would not be suprised at all to see him lose sometime in his next few fights.

Silva would have equal odds against the top LHW guys, if only because most of them are heavyweights cutting down, and most are near or about equal to him in skill at the highest level.

It's hard to gauge where Forrest is skill wise in terms of others, but he's one of those fighters who work their asses off and have some natural affinity to it. Forrest is damn good, but it's more his toughness and heart that keeps him going. I don't know if he could survive Silva though. Forrest typically takes too many shots, and against Anderson that'd catch up to him quickly.

You take a Rampage, who has shown a weakness to Muay Thai historically, but also has fearsome wrestling ability and power against Silva and it's 50/50 at that point. Silva's got a good ground game, but there's no one in the MW division anywhere near Rampage's strength.

Same goes for Wanderlai Silva, in a different sense. Anderson and Wanderlai are complete opposites of each other. Anderson is all about fluidity, hitting quickly at odd angles, letting the damage quickly pile up. Wanderlai is all about charging, hitting very hard, and trying to eliminate with one or two strikes at most.

I said in another thread, but I'd pay for that fight. I think it's been rumored before.

Machida/Silva will never happen, but I honestly have no fucking idea how that one would go.

As for someone from WW stepping up...The only one in that division crazy enough would be GSP. No one else can beat GSP at that weight, how the hell would they beat Silva at a higher weight? GSP I could see because he's a competitor and pretty soon he won't have any real challenges left, but UFC would not allow him to do so unless he lost to Penn. Then anything could happen.

As for someone from WW stepping up...The only one in that division crazy enough would be GSP.

Ever heard of BJ Penn? He'd jump at the fight before GSP would... And I think he would have a better chance.

UFC is after Akiyama, who is now apparently on bad terms with FEG over in Japan.

I don't have to say why this is awesome but it also sucks because the US crowd just won't know or care and that's half the fun.

So my date last night, during an extremely heated make-out session proceeded to jump guard whilst straddling me on a park bench and she then swept and mounted me. This one could be a keeper. I tried to buck but it wasn't worth it.

Viva Life.

StrikeForce: Destruction, Nov 21'st in San Jose

Bobby Southworth vs Renato 'Babalu' Sobral for the StrikeForce LHW Title

Luke Stewart vs Joe Riggs (170 lbs)

Josh Thomson vs TBA for the StrikeForce LW Title. Rumored opponents are Chris Horodecki or Caol Uno.

Looks like it's going to be Josh Thomson vs Yves Edwards.

Is it the ultimate or the ultimate 2008?

Stupid name either way, but I'm not going to be a fag and complain about it when it's got fights like that.

The official title is UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008

Vadim Finklestein, manager of Fedor Emelianenko, recently released a statement regarding recent comments made by UFC President Dana White that the "door is always open for Fedor to come to the UFC":

Dana says UFC's doors are wide open. Maybe they are. But these doors also shut tightly once the fighter signs with the organization. Randy Couture came back to the UFC and what now?

Instead of fighting the best in the promotion he has to fight a young upstart with 2-1 pro-record. Couture might not survive all the three contractual fights. I'm afraid that's being made in order to finish the star which is Randy and not let him fight Fedor.

I said it many times – we are ready to make this clash happen in any shape of joint event.

This bout is the most anticipated event in the world of MMA. But Fedor will not sign to the enslaving terms of the UFC contract while UFC won't agree to make compromise.

Why would Fedor need to prove anything to anybody? He's already defeated 4 ex-UFC champions and twice UFC Interim champion in Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

According to White there are guys better than Tim Sylvia. Well, who are they?

Looking at the world rankings one can conclude it is Fedor himself, Couture whose situation I discussed above, then it's Nogueira, Josh Barnett and Andrei Arlovski. To face off with Josh or Andrei there is no need for Fedor to come to UFC. He'll fight them at Affliction.

I truly believe Dana White did more for MMA than anybody else, but at the moment he is the one who hinders the sport's progress. He seems like a man with a big tasty pie who's afraid that someone comes and bites a piece of it.

All we want is mutually beneficial cooperation but the old conditions offered by UFC are simply unacceptable.

Credit: FightLine.com

------

Instead of fighting the best in the promotion he has to fight a young upstart with 2-1 pro-record. Couture might not survive all the three contractual fights. I'm afraid that's being made in order to finish the star which is Randy and not let him fight Fedor.

*Rolls eyes* Yeah fuck honoring your contract and making million dollar pay days