TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

TheGARV.com: Hey, Ken. This is quite a thrill for me. I've been following your career since UFC 1. I know you have a fight coming up next month. Who are you fighting?

Ken Shamrock: I'm fighting Bo Cantrell. The original plan was to fight John Marsh but he couldn't get ready in time. So Bo Cantrell was another opponent that we also thought would be a good fight and he stepped up to the plate. So we're going to step up and fight Bo Cantrell on February 13th in Fresno, California. And it's going the Valentine's Day massacre, Friday the 13th.

TheGARV.com: Sounds like a horror movie title

Ken Shamrock: (Laughs) Yep.

The CBC piece on the UFC is a bit ridiculous. Claiming Mauro is a 20 year MMA expert, when the sport isn't even that old, let alone Mauro being a completely retard about it when he started (and still a complete retard now) is funny... maybe they extended it to his pro wrestling days, or whenever his voice broke. The more glaring thing is that it looks to me like they took Dana responding to questions about competition and made it seem like he was talking about fighters (The "This is a war" speech). From hearing Dana talk about EliteXC in particular in the past, his rant was similar to that than the issue of fighter pay.

I'm watching PRIDE 33 and it's really a trip hearing Lon McEachern call MMA. I'm just waiting to hear Norman Chad chime in with an ex-wife joke.

Vader signed a six-match, $400,000 deal with PRIDE. Yes, that Vader, who is pushing 50. It’s an MMA/pro-wrestling contract, and I seriously hope that after his first fight (which takes place I believe on February 15th at the next Bushido show), they put him only in pro-wrestling matches. The last time I saw him, he was very big, very fat, and looked to be in a lot of pain. There’s no way he can go into a shoot with guys who train in MMA consistently and not get eaten alive. I beg all pro-wrestling fans who remember Vader as a big, scary killer to not watch any of these fights, because you will be greatly saddened.

This is from a 2004 F4W

Nothing came of this correct?

I haven't heard anything about Arlovski being particularly bad towards fans before; at worst, I've heard the language barrier makes it harder for him to be as engaging as most fighters.

Sylvia, on the other hand, has been described as "okay, but a bit creepy," especially when it comes to females.

Tim Sylvia said he and Shamrock are possible for March

I don't think he knows Kenny is fighting in Feb.

Oh and he said " Arloski is a douche bag to fans and bad to the sport"

Cause Big Tim is so great for the sport with his epic decisions.

UFC has loaded up Spike with programming today, I believe from 3 pm until 2 am. Kinda of a WM IV-Clash I vibe.

Except that the more recongnizable brand is on for free today.

Between Margarito/Mosley, Affliction, a six pack of Stone Arrogant Bastard and a general malcontent fueled by my job search,tonight will probably be another story time. I'm trying to decide between discussing the worse ass-kicking I received as a bouncer, or one of my brother's old stories from when he and some of the other guys used to work at Rocks Club.