TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

From the WON

Dana White vs Affliction

Then, he did a taped for youtube blog ambushing Dana White by text messaging him. The exchange went like this:

Millen: “I miss you Dana, I’m sure you’re watching on PPV.”

White: “I lost my phone. Who is this?

Millen: “It’s your friend, Jerry Millen. I’m holding your seat to see the best fighter in the world, Fedor. Where you are, watching the PPV?”

White: “I’m in Red Rock watching HBO boxing Mosley/Margarito.”

Millen: “Wait about an hour and you’ll hear the former UFC champ Arlovski drop all the way in Vegas. No wonder you think Lesnar is the best HW in the weight, you’re watching boxing.”

White: “You wouldn’t know the difference between boxing, WWE or MMA, you fucking wannabe.”

Millen: “WTF are you talking about? Your champ is from the WWE. I’ll fight your bitch ass anytime needles. Fedor/Lesnar main event, Millen/White undercard but you’ll have to pass a drug test first, Dana.”

Sokoudjou was just on CSI as a cage fighter, fighting some random bald white dude.

Former WWE wrestler Luther Reigns was in the same episode.

So Frank Shamrock was on Oz. Didn't know that.

And look, it's Matt Lindland hosing down Cyril O'Reily!

Oh man, I forgot Lindland was on Oz. They should have brought in Baroni as a mobster and them try to kill each other. Art imitating life or something.

How did Andy Hug lose to Pat Smith the first time? Smith's striking never really caught my attention as being anything better than decent, while Hug is a legend in Japan (though a lot of that is for his Karate background). I have been watching some of his highlights and have been pretty impressed with his style, watched a couple of fights too and I'm a fan. It's a shame he died so young.

Andy didn't have the greatest chin ever (could be attributed to the size disadvantage he usually had), plus Smith pretty much nailed him on a break, IIRC.

Oh, and some Andy hate:

"The K-1 GP World Final, where Aerts exposed Hug in the tourney final, as being the overated hack he was, by nearly killing him about 20 seconds in to the opening round. Aerts KO'd Hug with head kick that was so hard, it gave Hug cancer and killed him months later." - Dad, on his favorite K-1 moment

I'm working on updating MSIA's list of best MMA fighters via birth country, but am stuck on Tonga. There HAS to have been some motherfucker from there that fought in Superbrawl at some point.