TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

I'll be PVR'ing it as one of the roommates has a birthday falling on that day so I'm out testing my liver. Should be good stuff. Interesting to see if Daley can continue his streak of beating B+ fighters. McKee vs Noble should be fun.

In a move that's sure to please EHME greatly, Manny Gamburyan is dropping to featherweight and the WEC.

I think that's a great move - he can probably be an contender. The division keeps getting better and better.

Sorry, EHME. My negro > your negro

Jamal Patterson submitted Antwain Britt in about 30 seconds via guillotine choke tonight. Too bad Jamal's already so old and will never have a solid chin, but still a damn good win.

Sorry, EHME. My negro > your negro

Jamal Patterson submitted Antwain Britt in about 30 seconds via guillotine choke tonight. Too bad Jamal's already so old and will never have a solid chin, but still a damn good win.

Well Patterson was the 1st legit BJJ black belt Britt has ever faced, and BJJ is Britt's weakness right now as it stands. Good win over a young prospect who has a lot of potential though... I expect Britt to get better from this fight, but he needs to go to a better training camp. Either way BJJ is his weakness right now, hopefully he will work on it.

Oh yeah I have to say something about Ryan Ford as regard to MFC 20 right now.

He is loaded with potential, and could be a force to reckon with in the future. But, he won't get better training here in Alberta. There is nothing really Jason MacDonald can do to help him become a better fighter. Ford has the athletic ability, the strength, power and chin to become a top 10 level WW at the very least, infact I'll go as far as to say he reminds me of a young Rampage. You might call it biased because I know him, "somewhat" but what I've seen from him... As far as styles goes he fights like a young Rampage... But he needs to get the fuck out of this province because it's only holding him back.

Yes I'm drunk rambling right now...

Too drunk for a fool story right now, bute one more bouncing rule: if oy'ure stupid enough to get ko'ed by a bouncer, you deserve to get jacked.

my best haull off a guy I knocked out was 120 dollars cash, a 100 dollar ell phone and a basebell hat.

Dan Severn has plans:

And the fights he wants to put together would be pretty spectacular for old school MMA fans,”I’ve been in contact with Mark Coleman he said he was open to a match. But it’s depends on what his contractual obligations are with the UFC.” Other UFC vets are also in “The Beasts” sights, “I’ve also had contact with Ken Shamrock’s camp and he said he would do a match. I’m trying to reach out to Royce Gracie and then get it to a thrid party to put it together.” It’s clear that Severn wants to avenge his losses from older UFC cards.

For those of you not listening, Breen is giving an awesome analysis of the nature of stoppages in MMA, especially in light of what occurred in the UFC this past weekend.

It was, though he managed to expand on his article a good deal, with more examples of questionable stoppages, comparisons towards boxing and the nigh double standards with which ground strikes are viewed compared to standing strikes.

He's one of my favorites right now but I'm afraid half of what makes him so fucking awesome is going to vanish instantly without everyone wanting him to die in the ring.

So I read an article about black fighters in MMA at ESPN...

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=3928949

Evans has since become part of a growing influence of blacks on the sport. In December, he became the fifth black fighter to capture a UFC championship (Maurice Smith, Kevin Randleman, Carlos Newton and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson are the others) when he scored a third-round TKO against Forrest Griffin, and he hopes to use his title reign to draw more African-Americans to the sport.

So I guess Anderson Silva became a gringo...