TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

War Machine beat Guillaume DeLorenzi yesterday. A lot of people stateside don't know who that is, but that is actually a pretty legitimate win for War Machine, as DeLorenzi was being talked about as being UFC-bound very soon, and had a string of very impressive victories. Good for WM.

More importantly, Thierry beat up UFC vet Doug Evans with a Triangle Choke in the second round. Pretty good performance as he had to come back from getting rocked in the first round. I think this was a Featherweight fight, but it's good for him because with a couple of other performances like this, he can erase the image of the Hioki loss and maybe even get a shot at the WEC.

John Makdessi beat up some nobody, so did Daylin, but these are two guys to watch out for in the future. Makdessi was actually featured in one of the GSP-Penn Primetime shows. His grappling is limited, but as long as he gets favourable opponents while continuing to work on it, he will be a force in a year or two.

Kajan Johnson also took out Claveau with an armbar which is a nice win for him but will do nothing to erase the memory I have of him crumpling to the mat after taking a spinning back kick from Stephane Dube right to the liver.

Former Heavyweight Champion, Hasim Rahman is entering MMA.

Rahman is so terrible these days. The reason he's entering MMA is because HBO turned down a potential Arreola vs. Rahman fight in April.

I am eagerly awaiting the eventual Rock vs. Kimbo fight. Rock would get knocked out really quick.

Hadn't seen Bas' self defense video in about 3 or 4 years That shit is still hilarious.

I'm sorry, sir, but now I'm going to have to break your leg.

Bas loves Lyoto. Gave him high praise in that interview and also on Inside MMA he picked Machida to be light heavyweight champion one year from now while Kenny was "totally surprised" by the result. Stick to bull-riding, cocksmoker.

Kiril Sidelnikov blaming his positive 'roid test on a nasal spray is easily one of the most entertaining excuses in recent steroid history. I'm contemplating ranking it above Kevin Randleman using animal urine/urine from a cadaver after pissing hot against Shogun.

Okay, so worst I got hurt in a fight at the club.

Anyway, later in my stint at the club, I started riding to work with Stonie, helping to convert the place from a resturaunt to dance club in exchancge for an extra hour of pay. After moving all the chairs and tables to the back or outside, it was y job to start checking ID's on patrons inside, handing out wristbads or marking x's as need be. Once done there, I would post up at the door and check ID's while Stonie did pat-downs, until my brother arrived and I took up my usual position at the bathroom doors.

Anyway, he door wouldn't have to been too bad if not for the fact that my owner, being the typical money-grubbing piece of shit mot club owners are, wasn't always on my ass about trying to enforce boyth our dress code and my natural instincts on who not to let in. Anyway, one week he got on myass for letting"half of the East Side Riva in," despite the fact that I would keep their kind out if I didn;t have to worry about him being all like" Whatre you doing?! Let 'em in (though this was especially bad with bitches, that pussy-whpped motherfucker.). So anyway, these motherfuckers , of course, started shit and eneded up getting kicked out. Now, if my brother was working the door and had his way, they wouldn't have been allowed back in. But, despite his experience, this was often not the case, and even bitches who had at one point spit in his face and threatened to have people kill him and his wfie were allowed back in by our owner because they rubbed up against him every weekend. So of course, I assumed no say in the matter of who not to let in, and would simply let them flow through unless their infractons of the dress code were unmistakable (and even then often being overridden).

So that next week, the same eses came back, and about an hour into club time, I was doing my usual thing and working the bathrooms. At some point, a girl at the front the line asked me "Are you going to do anything about that?," at whick point I notcied a commotion over by our side door leading to the patio. I ran over, and as I got to the door, I saw one of the same gangbangers smash a bottle over the head of one of the DJ's brothers. I immediately leapt on the dude from behind, latching on a Severn rape choke and dragging him back and away from the DJ's brother. Within a few seconds, I felt someone tap me on the shoulder, saying "It's, cool, I got them." Now, to me, it sounded like the voice of my manager D. However, upon, letting the guy's neck go and turning around, I aw that it as another East Sider, and quickly realized that I was fucked. By the time I turned back to face the guy I had choked, he was throwing haymakers at my face. Th first one stun g as they usually do, but the rest kind of thudded off my face, and remembering our bosses inclination to accuses of unneccessary force, tried to close in to grab this guy. As I moved in on him, hands out in a zombie stance, I felt a blow landing on the back of my head, and could instantly feelmy knees buckle and my view go diagonal.

Sure enough, one of his buddies started wailing on the back of my head, while this guy I tried to grab kept landing from the front. At some point, I felt another set of blows landing from a sort of side-back position, accompanied by a bitch's wailing.As soon as her first blow landed, the sharp, stinging pain lead me to assess: "This bitch is wearing a fucking ring." (From here, I can't remember too well, and am doing a lot of assuming): Before long, I was on 3 quarters, getting punched from all around, when I noticed the legs in front of me preparing to laucnh what looked to be a soccer kick. I instinctively grabbed his legs, and brought him down with a simle double leg. I landed in side control, and tried to start dropping elbows on this fucker.Hwoever, the sharp, ring-enhanced blows kept landing, as the bitch kept hitting me and ripped the hood from the sweatshit I was wearing under my work shirt. I yelled "Get this bitch off of me and shoved her away with one arm while tryin g to elbow the East Sider with my other. By that time, I finally felt someone lift me off of the guy, and heard the familiar voices of my fellow security guards asking if i was okay, and Stonie asking if I wanted him to fuck that guy up. Me and the ganbgbanger stared each other down for a moment before he was kicked out, and I told Stonie to just let it go, embarassed that I had let myself get put into such a shitty position. Of course, within moments the owner was on me, asking why I had let a guy who had gotten into a fight the week before back in, despite the obvsious fact that I was given next to no say at the door and little back-up over judgement calls. That fcuker.

Anyway, my head felt swollen pretty instantly, and I had a number of cuts to attend to. It sucked even harder at my day job the next day, as my head was throbbing, and every pulse felt like my skin was going to rip my skin from my skull. The bitch ended up welting me in 5 different places, with 4 cuts along my head and scalp. While it was a major ego fuck to have gotten messed up by a girl, I joked that "That ese's sister hit harder than that maricon did." Still, I got punked. pwnt

Dude was a doofus and arguably played up a lot of bad MMA stereotypes, but he was also a sincere, longtime fan of the sport and helped tons and tons of fighters. RIP