TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

I've been asking MMA fighters their opinions on Machida/Evans and who will win. So far I got replys from Shonie Carter, Matt Arroyo, and Drew McFedries... Closer to fight night, I'll show you all their opinions.

Tim Creuder gave me a "don't know" answer, and John Alessio didn't even give me a reply. How come the minorty fighters are the only one to give me a straight answer? White fighters are some jerks! Except for CB Dollaway, he'll give me a reply soon enough, I've talked to him a few times.

In news that's bad for anybody who wants to see MMA progress as a mainstream sport "Bully Beatdown" with Mayhem Miller on MTV has done quite well in the ratings for its debut episode.

Joe Riggs on Jake Shields

http://mmamania.com/2009/03/25/mma-quick-q...-and-then-some/

“Fuck him [Jake Shields]. I will fuck him up. I beat his teammate Nick Diaz’s ass, and I will beat his ass too. I mean, that is a very disrespectful thing to say. I have beaten a lot of tough guys in the world. I have had my fair share of losses, as well; I have had my ups and downs. But look who I have fought; I have fought nothing but top guys. In the UFC, I fought nothing but the best. And that guy just says that because I am a bad matchup for him. I am just as good a wrestler as he is; I don’t think he would be able to take me down. And on the feet, he is a girl. His girlfriend or wife probably slaps him around standing up. He is a (expletive) joke. That guy thinks he is way, way better than he is. Everybody wants to fight him because the first person to expose him is going to look like the man.”

Didn't Riggs whine he never wanted to run into Nick Diaz again after Diaz attacked him in the hospital?

Breen mentioned Justin McCully's status as the General MMA Fan's current whipping boy, especially in regards to a status symbol as to how weak the UFC's HW division is, comparing him to Justin Eilers. This, in spite of the fact that he's actually a decent HW, who just so happened to have a terribly boring fight on national TV with a bad hairstyle.

Ricco always had some pretty busted bitches on his arm. Busted and old, actually.

Breen mentioned yesterday (or whenever the fuck he recorded his show) that the M-1 Team Challenge shows featuring Team South Korea are actually broadcast live in South Korea. It's pretty insane how rabid that country is for MMA right now, and furthers the idea that SK is where the UFC should think about expanding in Asia. It also makes me hopeful for other possible, as-of-yet-untapped MMA markets might be out there elsewhere in the world that could infuse new blood into the fighting ranks.

Just wanted to point out the fact that we get to claim Jardine as "one of ours." Though, truth be told, extremely pale Latinos tend to be some of the ugliest fuckers you'll ever see.

Is he latino from his mom side? I'm assuming because they had his dad on the countdown to UFC 96 and he looked like a redneck.

Plus Jardine doesn't embrace his latino hertiage, he comes out to Scottish music and wears a kilt.

All I remember is that on all of the formerly released pay forms and whatnot, his legal name is something ridiculous like Keith Hector Jardineros, or some shit.

Sounds more Filipino, which is somewhere between wetback and gook.

Filipino's are mixed with a shitload of stuff. I have quite alot of filipino friends.

If Mir's up for grabs, we'll take him. Gotta' make due until some tiny Mexicans rocking 3 names start representing at 135lbs. and below.

Ricco always had some pretty busted bitches on his arm. Busted and old, actually.

Breen mentioned yesterday (or whenever the fuck he recorded his show) that the M-1 Team Challenge shows featuring Team South Korea are actually broadcast live in South Korea. It's pretty insane how rabid that country is for MMA right now, and furthers the idea that SK is where the UFC should think about expanding in Asia. It also makes me hopeful for other possible, as-of-yet-untapped MMA markets might be out there elsewhere in the world that could infuse new blood into the fighting ranks.

From a Korean(now living in Japan) point of view, I'd say that's a naive optimism. Gyms are in poor condition, the general masses are attracted to freak shows(like anywhere else), there's still a long way to go. I was pissed that UFC 95 was not broadcasted because it was NON-PROFITABLE.

Japan, while it hit the lower bottom, still seems to have the basis for MMA popularity.