TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

That was actually a good write-up. Akiyama, Dong-hyun, Kang all have great support from the fans.

However, I still remain there's a long way to go. Spirit MC is on the brink of getting bankrupt. MMA popularity was built on stars like Choi, that incompetent piece of shit and the actual ones who got skills Bang Seunghwan, Kwon Asol, etc. are getting very little support sleeping at the gym.

"People want to see real fighters not guys acting like...uh.....retards, you know?"- The sensitive, tolerant and compassionate Josh Barnett on Inside MMA last night.

I think I might finally be in the Lei Tong camp about Josh. It was bad enough hearing him spout tripe about him having recently competed (and won, he'll have you know) a pro wrestling bout in Japan but having to listen to comments like "double wrist lock" and "front headlock" while trying to describe submissions was horrid.

The thing is, Barnett KNOWS what the moves are typically known as, and even stumbled last night before inserting the catch-wrestling term for the Kimura. It's not surprising, as I doubt Matt Hume was teaching Josh how to hit "double leg tackles" when he was starting out.

I love Carlos but check out the now-retired Hiromitsu Kanehara's opponents, he trumps Newton badly...

- Wanderlei Silva

- Shogun Rua

- Antonio Rogerio Nogeuira

- Ricardo Arona

- Babau Sobral

- Alistair Overeem

- Dan Henderson

- Matt Hughes

- Mirko Filipovic

Tomorrow morning before work I'm stopping buy Arco Arena's box office to pick up a set of Faber v Brown II tix.

EDIT: Well good for me that I live so close to the box office, $40 scored me LOWER LEVEL seats......Fuck yeah!!!

I guess Kevin Iole is all butthurt about Dana's comments and says that they should do a charity show for a LGBT group and Special Olympics as a make good.

Iole's Collumn

Personally, I got to agree with Mike and it's just (to use that dead cliche) Dana being Dana.

2niqsnq.gif

Pirate Liddell

9iwgw0.jpg

Chief Right Hook

2yllatw.gif

Captain Liddell

2im8dh1.gif

Chuck-E-Cheese Liddell

20uq15h.gif

Astro Chuck

23thweu.gif

Liddellvis

20sup1t.gif

Graduating Chuck

21j86e9.gif

Gameshow host Liddell

2wcedsl.gif

Taliban Liddell

2s8sscm.gif

20,000 leagues under the sea Chuck

1qkepc.gif

Back Catcher Liddell

3132m14.gif

Anyone catch the Strikeforce show on Showtime? Quite a solid show........Nate Diaz totally squashed Shamrock, was kind of surprised by that.

Yeah.... what the hell, no Strikeforce: Shamrock v. Diaz thread??

Good show. I never expected Diaz to win the fight with strikes the way he did. Great showing by Nick. I'm not sure how much Frank has left.

Fight of the night was Smith/Radach. Awesome!

Excited for the June 3rd Lawler v. Sheilds fight.

Yeah that Steve Smith comeback in the third round was incredible, that was easily the fight of the night. They should put Smith in there with the winner of Sheilds/Lawler if you ask me.

Who do they put in there with Shamrock now?

Frank's done. That was really a poor performance. I thought Nick would probably get a decision keeping in grounded, but he just made Frank his bitch. It was really sad to watch, especially because the last thing Nick Diaz needs is a reason to feel good about himself.

Smith/Radach was fucking awesome. I knew he was waiting on that right but I didn't think he was gonna get it, not even until a full second after he had already hit him and he was on the ground. Just incredible, out of nowhere finish to a great, great fight.

This was my first live MMA event. Had a great time. I was suprised all the fights were ko's. The crowd was pretty divided for the main event as both Diaz and Shamrock are locals. Cung Le and Royce Gracie were signing autographs so it was cool to see them in person. Tito Ortiz got booed everytime they showed him on the screen but he was into it. Gina Carano was shown quite a bit during the night and was cheered pretty loudly each time.

Gina looks unconfortable to me, I know she smiles and waves but they show her almost more than they showed Cyborg who had just won her fight, and more than half the time they are talking about her good looks and not her fighting ability

As a followup to that Strikeforce show a few weeks back......

Nick Diaz vs. Scott Smith at a 180 pound catch weight has been added to the Strikeforce show on 6/6 in St. Louis in a battle of two winners from the 4/11 show in San Jose. Diaz beat Frank Shamrock in the main event, while Smith beat Benji Radach in one of the year's best matches earlier in the show.

I expect this to be something fierce.

As a followup to that Strikeforce show a few weeks back......

Nick Diaz vs. Scott Smith at a 180 pound catch weight has been added to the Strikeforce show on 6/6 in St. Louis in a battle of two winners from the 4/11 show in San Jose. Diaz beat Frank Shamrock in the main event, while Smith beat Benji Radach in one of the year's best matches earlier in the show.

I expect this to be something fierce.

I expect a hell of a fight between these two Diaz will stand with Smith although I don't know if thats a great idea, Smith has a hell of a right and he will be looking for it for sure

A new grand prix was announced: Super Hulk Grand Prix will be open-weight madness. Here is the tournament match-ups, which will start at Dream 9.

Super Hulk Grand Prix

Gegard Mousasi vs Mark Hunt

Bob Sapp vs Minowaman

Sokoudju vs Jan "The Giant" Nortje

Hong Man Choi vs Jose Canseco

s1241081794.jpg

s1241081795.jpg

s1241081796.jpg

s1241081797.jpg

The card already looked good, but the freakshow factor is to much to pass up

Either they forgot to make a cardboard cutout for Minowa or he didn't get the memo.

Canseco vs Hong Man Choi is going to be entertaining for all the wrong reasons.

Last nights Strikeforce card was great.

I thought Arlovski had taken his game to a new level but I was clearly wrong. Rogers decimated Arlovski in brutal fashion.

With that annihilation; Rogers seems legit.

Rodgers ground game is still untested but he def has the size and power to be a force within the HeavyWeight division especially of Strikeforce