• Celtics in 4
    • Lakers in 4
    • Celtics in 5
    • Lakers in 5
    • Celtics in 6
    • Lakers in 6
    • Celtics in 7
    • Lakers in 7

So which one of these three clowns is Donaghy 2008? Pierce pulls Kobe's jersey or slaps him across the wrist and it's a play on situation. Pierce grenade dives and it's a foul the other way. Fuck the NBA.

That comeback was fun. Anyway, just need to execute in Game 3. Make good decisions. Get to the line. If the Lakers use their brains, they'll pick up the win. Can't do dumb stuff.

That comeback was fun. Anyway, just need to execute in Game 3. Make good decisions. Get to the line. If the Lakers use their brains, they'll pick up the win. Can't do dumb stuff.

That's not up to them. It's hard to win when you get outshot by ~30 at the line.

So which one of these three clowns is Donaghy 2008? Pierce pulls Kobe's jersey or slaps him across the wrist and it's a play on situation. Pierce grenade dives and it's a foul the other way. Fuck the NBA.

Not that pierce isn;t fouling Kobe, but his head band didn't mysteriously move up his head by itself on that play.

Anyway, nice comeback from the Lakers.

I said celtics in 5-6. I personally think its going to be closer to the 5.

The end of that game was waaaay too close for comfort. The damn Celtics thought they had it in the bag and started coasting way too early to let the Lakers back in.

I heard some people say the burden was on the Lakers if they go down 2-0 in the series because they'd have to win 4 out of 5. But, I really think the Celtics HAVE to steal one in LA. Because if the Lakers win 3 straight at home they'd be really jacked and confident for games 6 and 7 and probably win the series ala Miami Heat. (well win it legit, not on the line) The Celtics just have to get one in LA. And they need to quit coasting when they get up big.

That's not up to them. It's hard to win when you get outshot by ~30 at the line.

the lakers should have had about 10 more freethrows, but they did get jumpshot happy this game. Kobe is letting them keep him out the lane instead of just going in there regardless.

Pau was getting raped near the end of the first half and in the third though and he definately should have seen more Ft's and Kobe was getting the shit fouled out of him off the ball. But most of those fouls that Powe drew were pretty fair.

Not that pierce isn;t fouling Kobe, but his head band didn't mysteriously move up his head by itself on that play.

Anyway, nice comeback from the Lakers.

I said celtics in 5-6. I personally think its going to be closer to the 5.

Unsurprisingly, they called a foul when Pierce got hit on that play. Maybe Kobe should start wearing a headband and wristbands so he can show how much he's getting hit on just about every play.

The Lakers can get to the line. They need to attack the basket instead of getting jumpshot happy. Gasol's the only guy at the rim, he's getting fouled to shit, but you can't blow the whistle every time. I expect the officiating to be FAR MORE favorable back at home.

I know there's a lot of bitching for the refs in this game, but do people really think there won't be a huge FT disparity in LA? I mean maybe not every game, but at least one of them will have a huge difference and I bet the Lakers shoot more FTs in every game in LA.

I know there's a lot of bitching for the refs in this game, but do people really think there won't be a huge FT disparity in LA? I mean maybe not every game, but at least one of them will have a huge difference and I bet the Lakers shoot more FTs in every game in LA.

I don't disagree, but I think that's one of the main reason I don't take the NBA seriously anymore. A foul should be a foul regardless of which court it takes place on. I understand the "superstar call/no call", but when Kobe's getting mugged in Boston and the Lakers take 10 free throws as a team, it's just as bad as him personally getting 20 attempts in the next game because it happens to be in LA. There's a difference between homecourt advantage and horrible officiating. 9 times out of 10 the NBA playoff game crosses that line in a big way.

The refs were just crap tonight though. Although alot of those calls were accurate:

A: They were bitch ass touch fouls that shouldn't be called and kills the flow of the game.

B: They weren't calling the same bitchass calls consistantly for the Lakers.

That is what was wrong with the game.

I think it will be more balanced or bias in LA, but tonight was horrible.

The Lakers just need to comeout over the top aggressive in the next game. It would take balls the size of globes to give Kobe 3 fouls in the first quarter in LA. He should know that and go out there and just fuck shit up.

Also, the Lakers really are looking like they aren't executing their offense in the last two games. Maybe they will get their shit together back in LA. I expect them to.

I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying that the Lakers fans that were angry about the FT disparity will probably have their "revenge" in game 3.

I also think LA may win all 3 in LA and if that happens I think the series is over. I really really hope that doesn't happen though.

I don't trust the Celtics to be able to sweep games 6 and 7. The Celtics have shown a tendency to coast when up big(as evidenced tonight) and the Lakers have shown they never quit (as evidenced tonight). So the Celtics really really need to take a game in LA.

Oh and Leon Powe, did anyone see that coming?

*raises hand*

And there is no reason it shouldn't happen in EVERY game. No one can match up with him. he plays the way KG should be playing.

I know Kobe wants to be good guy Kobe now that gets his teammates involved and so, but damn dude needs to take matters into his own hands now. Fuck passing to Sasha, Radmonivich, Walton, Farmar, etc. He needs to just take it at the basket and be Kobe Bryant. Not that I want that to happen since I'm behind the C's but it's just an observation.

Besides, trusting his new buddies sure didn't do him any good on that last play when he probably could've received a pass but instead Sasha jacks one up.

Although, I was impressed with Gasol for the most part in this game. He got aggressive and went to the basket instead of looking a little frightened like he did in game one.

I'm just really still pissed with the way the Celtics started taking it easy when they were up 23 knowing who they were playing and knowing they wouldn't quit. Damn. I can't get LA erasing that deficit and Boston looking listless with the bad passes and stupid shots out of my head.

The Lakers can get to the line. They need to attack the basket instead of getting jumpshot happy. Gasol's the only guy at the rim, he's getting fouled to shit, but you can't blow the whistle every time. I expect the officiating to be FAR MORE favorable back at home.

Exactly. This is the same thing when people were bitching about the Celtics not getting calls against Atlanta; if the Lajkers are going to settle for jumpers, they aren't going to get the contact inside and get to the line. Powe was a one-man FT machine in the first half.

Gasol got away with some over the back calls in the 4th, so it's all square in my book. LA's gotta win all three at home for the series to come back to Boston. They could do it, but someone other than Kobe is going to have to take over and they need to drastically improve their defense on the perimeter.

EDIT: Oh yeah and stop that Pierce dude.

Edited by KingPK

In the first half, the Celtics had like 13 more FTs, and like 8 more 3 PT attempts or something like that. It wasn't the Lakers not driving to the hoop, it was the refs not giving them any calls. The difference between the Atlanta/Celtic series is the Celtics settled for 3s. Over here the Lakers didn't.

Guest Vitamin X

It did seem that the Lakers couldn't stop anybody in the paint unless they fouled them, which was ridiculous.

Man, has anyone ever read the comments on stories over at ESPN? There's some real crazies posting over there. I just don't get people saying Pierce faked the injury. Even better is the crazy Lakers fan that claims the Celtics bought and paid for this title.

Man, has anyone ever read the comments on stories over at ESPN? There's some real crazies posting over there. I just don't get people saying Pierce faked the injury. Even better is the crazy Lakers fan that claims the Celtics bought and paid for this title.

Not sure about the Celts buying a title, that's way off. However, one story not covered a lot in the Finals is how both Finals teams took stud players (Garnett and Gasol) in exchange for NBA BUTT trash. (Al Jefferson is the only player with a future in any of those deals) Nice to know the only way to win in the league now is to swindle talent away.

Guest Vitamin X

Don't forget the Celts getting Ray Allen for peanuts, too. What did Seattle turn that pick into? Jeff Green? Come the fuck on.

The Garnett trade was nothing new. Teams pick up superstars from bad teams for one decent player and scrubs fairly regularly. AI to the Nuggets, T-Mac to the Rockets, and Shaq to the Heat were all similar deals. The Gasol move was a total mugging by LA, but if Memphis is going to bend over and give 'em that kind of deal, what can you do?

*raises hand*

And there is no reason it shouldn't happen in EVERY game. No one can match up with him. he plays the way KG should be playing.

While raising your own hand you should have pointed at me as well. C'mon now, what did I say at the start?

Guest Vitamin X

*raises hand*

While raising your own hand you should have pointed at me as well. C'mon now, what did I say at the start?

I'm glad Ripper broke down the match-ups because I really wasn't motivated to do so. Only thing I want to point out is that Tony Allen will not be a part of this series due to an injury.

I wanna see more Leon Powe than PJ Brown this series. I really think Powe has the ability to be something special and he's an under-rated defender.

Good call.

Does anyone expect a Lakers blowout tonight? It sure seems to be shaping up to be one.

Think about it. The Celtics quit with a 24 point lead the other night. They thought they were safe. LA was able to hit some shots from downtown to get back into the game. Now I agree with Jackson that the momentum probably doesn't carry-over, but the confidence of seeing those 3-pointers go in regardless of whether the other team was trying their hardest to defend them or not is a HUGE confidence booster.

Plus the Celtics won't be able to play the physical defense they have played, and they won't get the benefit of the calls (i expect LA to take waaaay more foul shots).

I just see LA winning by double digits tonight. Once again, my heart doesn't want them to but my head says otherwise.

I honestly think it will be Boston in a close one followed by the Lakers winning the next one or two before being put away in 6.