• Celtics in 4
    • Lakers in 4
    • Celtics in 5
    • Lakers in 5
    • Celtics in 6
    • Lakers in 6
    • Celtics in 7
    • Lakers in 7

I think it was Jon Barry that pointed out that KG and Ray Allen actually played pretty badly and it's going to be tough for them to play that bad again. It was like Pierce and KG playing bad in Game 3. Then again, Pierce and KG played REALLY bad in game 3 whereas KG and Allen played just sort of bad last night.

Does anyone get the feeling KG is just along for the ride at this point? He still does some things but, him having a good game doesn't seem to be what affects them winning or losing. It's really Pierce and the roleplayers and possibly Allen that ensure victory. All the hype surrounds KG, but he's just kind of there for me at this point.

The end of that game was so horribly officiated.

I'm actually starting to think this shit is a bit rigged now too. I don't want to but the officials completely took Garnett out of the game over ticky-tack crap and I feel they did that to bring the series back to Boston. Either way the NBA has gotta do something because their officiating is the worst out of all the pro sports.

I think it was Jon Barry that pointed out that KG and Ray Allen actually played pretty badly and it's going to be tough for them to play that bad again.

What? No it's not. Ray Allen played like total dog shit for two and a half series and KG is notorious for coming up just a little short in big situations. I don't see how it'd be "tough" for them to have another bad game or two. Jon Barry is retarded.

Does anyone get the feeling KG is just along for the ride at this point? He still does some things but, him having a good game doesn't seem to be what affects them winning or losing. It's really Pierce and the roleplayers and possibly Allen that ensure victory. All the hype surrounds KG, but he's just kind of there for me at this point.

You might not actually be from Boston but you sure do have the "what have you done for me lately" mindset of a born and bred Masshole. You don't deserve Kevin Garnett.

I'm actually starting to think this shit is a bit rigged now too.

Rigged? Are you fucking kidding me?

Game 2. The end. I hate conspiracy theorists.

RE: Garnett, he's been a passenger in this series, sure. He's been defended very well, so the points aren't there. But what about the whole season? Big picture. He was only the best defensive player in the league this season.

You mean he won the Defensive player of the year award. That doesn't exactly mean the same thing.

But yeah, if the celtics lose this series, Garnett should pack his bags so he can move to Antoine Walker island and hang out with Walker and Bledsoe. Just when you forget why people dislike Boston fans.

People want him to be this Shaq-like guy that bangs bodies underneath the hoop and takes it in every time, but he's just not that player. He's had a good series, not great (averaging a double-double I believe), but of all the guys on the court tomorrow, he's the one that'll feed off the home crowd and bring it.

Listening to WEEI today was migrane-inducing at some points. I thought we shed that "I'm just waiting for them to blow this" schtick?

Edited by KingPK

Obviously Boston still have the upper hand, but there are outside forces at work here that could push this to a 7th game. Are the Celts still in LA? I read somewhere they aren't flying back until Tuesday morning. Bad move if true. Then we have Ray Allen leaving the team early because of a health issue with one of his children. He was just getting back into the groove of things mentally and now this. Rondo's ankle is better, but not playing well (that may change with game 6 in Boston). The biggest factor is Kendrick Perkins health. If he can give them 20-25 minutes, they will be in good position. If Perkins can't go or gives them less than 10 minutes, we're looking at a potential Game 7. Gotta look out for the Celts reserves, they should play much better at home. The Lakers will try to put themselves in position to take these games, but I think it'll be more about the Celtics giving the game/s away rather than the Lakers taking it them.

Boston got in a few hours ago, I believe (there were storms in the area, so I don't know if that further delayed things). Gee, you'd think that a two-day break here would help mitigate any travel difficulties instead of putting one between two games in LA so that....they could have an extra night partying at the Playboy Mansion, maybe?

And yes, I will never get over how mind-boggingly STUPID the scheduling for this series was.

Just to clarify, anyone that thinks Garnett isn't fucking awesome is a moron.

I never said he wasn't awesome. I just said he hasn't been as big of a force as Pierce and the outcome of the game never really seems to hinge on him taking over like it does on Pierce.

Gotta love Screamin' A Smith, keeping his hope for the Lakers alive. Seriously that dude should do all his appearances in a Lakers jersey.

I went to Champs sports today to ask if they were going to get Celtics championship shirts and the guy working there was dead serious telling me they weren't going to get them because the Lakers were going to win the series.

But I notice (not just from me, but from other things i've read) there seems to be a bit of paranoia creeping in for Boston fans, as if we're all expecting the Lakers to win at this point. I don't know why. We hoped they would take one of the three in LA and they did that. They did exactly what they were supposed to. And with two of their three best playing badly (Pierce and Garnett in game 3 and Allen and Garnett in game 5) they still almost won those games and then they had the huge comeback in LA. I'm trying to bash the paranoia out of my mind right now because all signs point to Boston winning.

Maybe I'm just paranoid because I called into work at my temporary job so I could watch this in hopes Boston would win, but if they lose I have to go to work on Thursday because I can't miss another day. So maybe I'm afraid of that!

I'm actually starting to think this shit is a bit rigged now too.

Rigged? Are you fucking kidding me?

Game 2. The end. I hate conspiracy theorists.

I'm not saying that game wasn't called horribly either. Its being called so horrible that it is starting to show some merit to the league giving a heads up on how they want the series to go. Like I said; either the claims that the league goes to the officials and gives them a heads up on how they would like to see things go holds a bit of water or all these officials are absolutely horrendous. It certainly needs to be looked at either way.

I wonder if Bennent Salvatore is walking around Boston calling fouls on everyone that comes within 2 feet of someone else to warmup for tonights game.

I pesonally feel that if Paul Pierce goes and picks up a Dwayne Wade mask, the Celtics win this game easily.

Guest Jesus Freaks on Coke

"We can smell it"? Bill Simmons is the worst.

The Celtics plane landed one hour after the Lakers plane, so that is a non-issue. The officiating will be interesting to watch- on the one hand, it's Celtics home advantage, and on the other, its the $80 million the NBA would make from a seventh game.

I'm just hoping to see another shootout between Pierce/Kobe ala Pierce/LBJ.

Guest Vitamin X
Two of the Game 2 referees tonight.

Dude.

Yup, Lakers are fucked.

Dude.

Yup, Lakers are fucked.

Or the Celtics are fucked because of the shitty officials. Just because they screwed over one team doesn't mean they won't screw a different one over in the interest of extending the series.

Game two, the Lakers were bound gagged and raped in the first half by bad officiating, in the second half, the Celtics...well...got felt up.

The officiating was just bad that game. The Lakers by far and away got the worse of it, and it wasn't even close, but The Celtics were made to feel uncomfortable in the second half.

While I too worry about the refs controlling the game tonight, isnt it really disturbing that it's even an issue at all to think about?

Exactly. They just suck. they aren't bias. they are just calling some crap.

The Lakers defense is just horrible. Their saving grace has been a bunch of missed layups. Those layups start falling and you might as well break out the t shirts.

Dude.

Yup, Lakers are fucked.

Or the Celtics are fucked because of the shitty officials. Just because they screwed over one team doesn't mean they won't screw a different one over in the interest of extending the series.

There is no goddamned way they are making anything even resembling a critical call that goes against the home team. So, Lakers are fucked.

How the fuck can the Lakers give up open threes with Garnet standing beyond the three point line? You're playing 5 on 4 defense and giving up wide open shots. WTF?

There should be no bitching about the refs anymore with the way the lakers are playing defense. This is Nuggets bad.

Guest Jesus Freaks on Coke
Fiyah Danny Ainge wicked hahd!

Danny Ainge: GM of the year, or best GM of all time?

Lakers have officially given up. They all just kind of stood there and watched Allen drain that three.

It's like the last game of the 04 Finals all over again. You would think that they would at least try to be competitive.