TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

TNA World X Cup

Thought this was worth a discussion since I remember alot of us here following the old "X Cup" tournaments/events that TNA used to do. I don't think TNA has done this since, IIRC, they went dark between the FOX Sports contract ending and going to Spike (which would be mid 05 then). For the most part, every time they do this, it seems to produce some quality wrestling.

News on the participants.....

--The official members announced at a press conference in Mexico for TNA's World X Cup which will have its first matches at the upcoming TV tapings and final matches on the 7/13 PPV in Houston are:

Team Mexico: Ultimo Guerrero, Rey Bucanero, Volador Jr., Averno

Team Japan: Milano Collection A.T., Taichi Ishikari, Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino

Team U.S.: Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Kaz, Curry Man

Team International: Not yet finalized other than an announcement recently that CMLL's Alex Koslov will be a part of it. My guess is that this team will generally consist of workers from other parts of the country, like the UK, for example.

Not sure how they will do it this time around, but whatever the case, am looking forward to seeing Ultimo Guererro, Bucanero, and Milano in a TNA ring.

Looks like some good teams (of the people I know at least, not fully versed on the international ranks). I did hear, I think on Rajah.com, that Daivari was being tossed around as a possibility for Team International. The other rumored names were Tyson Dux and Doug Williams.

I heard that Pac might be involved, probably for the international team. Team Japan is fucking awesome, even though it seems weird that Milano is teaming with Dragon Gate guys. Unless he "squashed the beef" with Dragon Gate.

Not that CMLL is bad whatsoever in my eyes, but in all of the past X Cups, the lucha guys would be from AAA, and I'd love to see what kind of interesting team they could assemble with their current roster (the three hour Sat/Sun show on Galavision which I'm watching right now, is consistently one of the best wrestling shows around week to week) but we can thank Konnan for that not happening this time around.

If I recall, old X Cups used to have ladder matches, even an Ultimate X, I think.

Wow PAC in Team International would be decent, just from seeing him wrestling in Newcastle when he was starting out and now he's on US/World TV. Chances are it'll be some old FWA guys - or guys that have appeared before in TNA such as Doug Williams.

If they do use FWA guys, I hope the avoid Alex Shane and Mark Sloan. Because they are both wankers.

If they do use FWA guys, I hope the avoid Alex Shane and Mark Sloan. Because they are both wankers.

True, Shane deserves a Jawbreaker Lariat from Nigel McGuinness. :lol:

From the observer update:

--The final team for the TNA World X Cup, Team International, has been finalized as Doug Williams, Tyson Dux, Shawn Daivari and Alex Koslov. The tournament will start at the 6/9

TV tapings the day after Slammiversary in Memphis with all the international crew from Japan, Mexico, etc. in for the next two sets of tapnigs and the finals at the 7/13

Victory Road PPV

From the observer update:

--The final team for the TNA World X Cup, Team International, has been finalized as Doug Williams, Tyson Dux, Shawn Daivari and Alex Koslov. The tournament will start at the 6/9

TV tapings the day after Slammiversary in Memphis with all the international crew from Japan, Mexico, etc. in for the next two sets of tapnigs and the finals at the 7/13

Victory Road PPV

The Orlando crowd will probably love the Chaos Theory, and Tenay can hype how he can hit it from anywhere because of the SIX POINTS OF IMPACT~!

I love the Chaos Theory. The teams are pretty good, but I don't like Kaz in there. In my opinion, he should be feuding with Petey right now, and they should have someone like Creed in there instead.

I love the Chaos Theory. The teams are pretty good, but I don't like Kaz in there. In my opinion, he should be feuding with Petey right now, and they should have someone like Creed in there instead.

He'll probably be done feuding with him after the ppv next Sunday. I'm expecting Kaz will get the X division title, so it will be justified that he's in this X Cup when that happens. Petey may need more time after the ppv to heal the orbital bone injury.

Oh shit, Daivari! Also, while I have only seen his work in WWE and TNA as a job guy, I mark for Tyson Dux. But I have no idea who Alex Koslov is, nor anyone on the Japanese team aside from Milano, nor the Mexican team except Guerrero and Bucanero.

Which is most the appeal of the X Cup, getting to see people we never usually see.