TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
foleyfanforever88

Video Game Desert Island draft

With my first pick, I select:

Final Fantasy 6 (SNES, 1994)

final-fantasy-vi.jpg

My favorite RPG of all time. When it came out in 1994, it was just worlds beyond anything else out there. I was never as awestruck by a game as I was the first time I played through it. The World of Ruin was particularly brilliant - totally free-form, giving the player a level of freedom they'd never had before to go through it however they wanted. Even now, it's a great example of how you don't need fancy FMV and long cut scenes to build interesting characters, create an engaging world and tell a great story. And the soundtrack is my favorite of all time, primitive MIDIs and all.

Ok, so I just got in from a long camping trip, a bit tired so I'll keep this short (and post a screenshot and stuff later). My pick is Shadowrun for the Genesis. One of my favorite open ended games ever.

Shadowrun_GEN_ScreenShot1.jpg

The way I see it, if I'm on a deserted Island, I need a game that is somewhat difficult and very open-ended. The setting of the game doesn't hurt either. I love this game because it was GTA before GTA was around, very open ended, and your actions somewhat influenced the game around you.

Man, I didn't think it would be so hard to make my first pick. I don't necessarily want to pick in the order in which I enjoyed games, because it would be smarter to play strategically and hope I don't get screwed. With that said, my first pick is going to be a game that I first played on Nintendo 64 and later bought for the DS because I had enjoyed it so much the first time around. It is perhaps the best Mario game ever, though many of you may disagree. All I know is that I could play this game over and over and have just as much fun each time. My first pick is

SuperMario64Box.jpg

Super Mario 64 - Nintendo 64

Youth N Asia said that the Zelda game he selected was the best Zelda game ever... well I have to politely disagree as I make my first selection:

zeldaootbox.jpg

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, 1998 (N64)

Just a fantastic debut on the N64 and probably led to the disappointment of Majora's Mask with its hard to replicate greatness. I'm simply stunned it lasted this long.

My second selection-

re4logo.jpg

Resident Evil 4, 2005 (PS2, GC, Wii)

With my 2nd Round selection, I take:

post-2806-1213590481.jpg

No Mercy/N64

I think this and/or Perfect Dark could have got back to me in the 3rd round, but hell why risk it. I love pretty much all the parts of the game play(except button mashing in the cage). And on an island I could pass time but changing guys outfits to make them look stupid during the Intro (Lame, I know).

Damn, I've lost out on Mario Galaxy, RE4, Mega Man 2 and No Mercy in a matter of hours.

Damn.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1, 1997)

castlevania%20sotn%20ps1%20pal.jpg

Just the perfect action game. It never gets old, no matter how many times I play through it. The ambiance of the castle is wonderful. And with pretty much an unlimited amount of hidden stuff, including the upside down castle, which is like the best secret ever, it'll keep you busy for a long time. It's also got another just fantastic soundtrack.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1, 1997)

castlevania%20sotn%20ps1%20pal.jpg

Just the perfect action game. It never gets old, no matter how many times I play through it. The ambiance of the castle is wonderful. And with pretty much an unlimited amount of hidden stuff, including the upside down castle, which is like the best secret ever, it'll keep you busy for a long time. It's also got another just fantastic soundtrack.

Figured it wouldn't last, twas my next pick

And speaking of your picks alfdogg, add a description as to why you picked the game.

I'm going open ended again, and choosing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040707103552828.jpg

This is what I feel is the best game in the GTA, and one that I could spend hours playing on a deserted island.

I may have missed out on Mario 3 and Mario Galaxy, but I can still pick the best Mario game ever made.

snes_super_marioworld.jpg

Super Mario World - SNES (1992)

As I said, it's the best Mario platform game ever made. Great graphics, amazing soundtrack and thousands of secrets. This may well be the best platform game ever made.

I, too, love Super Mario World more than the others...Mario 64 would be #2 on my list. I have Galaxy but haven't played it yet so perhaps things may change?