TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
foleyfanforever88

Video Game Desert Island draft

When you pm someone they get an email. The email will pop up and then they will come to the thread and do their business. Without the pms the whole draft concept falls apart and takes forever. Please witness the music draft.

I didn't intentionally not PM him, I just forgot. I'll make sure to do it from here on out. I just don't think everyone should rely on PMs, they should check the thread themselves too (and you only have to once every 12 hours, come on now).

thanks for the PM, really, I mean that

Blame foleyfan, it was his turn before yours.

Oh, I do :D

I apologize man, though you shouldn't get too upset..I mean, it shouldn't be solely my responsibility to let you know when you're up. If you're on here to see a PM, then you're on here to quickly check how soon your turn is coming up. I assume you're not going to PM me now to get me back or something, but whatever.

EDIT: I still to this day cannot figure out why people didn't like Double Dash. I understand that those of you who grew up on the original probably hate the changes that were made (two to a cart especially), but I have more fun playing that version than any of the others (though Wii is quickly catching up).

I'm not too bent out of shape about it. I still got a pick I was happy with

Wright is awesome, and it's a game you could have picked fifth round (to Luke-o). I mean you were griping about most of the games you like being gone by your second pick. You wouldn't be complaining if you picked those games instead of Phoenix Wright.

In all honesty, when I picked PW:AA, I still didn't really understand the rules of how drafts work (ie, once someone else has picked it, you can't.) but I still stand by my decision. If someone else had picked it I would have been really pissed.

Plus the only game I've really missed out on has been Mega Man II. And I truly believed that would last another couple of rounds.

okay, time to start with the obscure picks since all the obvious ones are gone by now:

60960-large.jpg

Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction-this is probably my all-time favorite sand-box type game. There's something satisfying about running through the North Korean mountains sniping people out. Plus you get to blow lots of shit up for no real reason. The final mission is about as intense as it gets.

a2d_us.jpg

Yeah, I know it's not as good as some of the other games in the series. But I've played this more over the last two years than any other game during that time. I do like it quite a bit.

Re2box.jpg

Resident Evil 2 (Playstation, 1998)

For me, this is the best game Resident Evil has had to offer. Great story, great atompshere, great plot and 2 versions of the game to play. Plenty to see and do.

Gran Turismo 4

Gran_Turismo_4.jpg

Would have taken 5, but it's not out yet. Feel like I need a racing game with a ton of cars and tracks, and Gran Turismo is one of the bests on the consoles.

I was considering that, but I'm still not 100% convinced on the line up of songs.

I didn't plan to take a second RPG this early, but since I doubt it'll last much longer and I love it...

Suikoden 2 (PS1, 1999)

sui2.jpg

The crown jewel of the Suikoden series. Great plot with lots of Suikoden trademark moral grayness, great characters and two of the all-time greatest videogame villains in Jowy and Luca Blight. Lots of ways to kill time, between getting all 108 characters and the loads of minigames, including Iron Chef, the greatest thing ever.

Supermariokart_box.jpg

Super Mario Kart (SNES, 1991)

Better get one from this series while they're still available. I played this game to death as a kid, and can't imagine life without it. It's also the only one that I can still beat my little brother at.

Maybe not a game that I had to worry about others picking, but an all time fav

snes61.png

Harvest Moon, SNES. I can still lose hours to this game today just as easy as I did 10 years ago

For future reference, can people please post the title of the game that they're picking, in addition to the box art? I don't know about other participants, but I'm accessing the board from work (slacker!) and a lot of the gaming websites (and the images hosted on those sites) are blocked by company filter.

So anyway, I was actually going to pick a different game with my second pick, but it had so many variations that I was scared that I would be basically wasting a pick. Like, say I picked Metal Gear Solid 2. Could somebody then pick MGS2: Substance and be all "haha dumbass"?

This is a good question which got lost in the shuffle.

With my 3rd pick, I select:

post-2806-1213982050_thumb.jpg

Grand Theft Auto III/PS2

Sometimes you just need to steal cars, beat people up with baseball bats and commandeer tanks.

So anyway, I was actually going to pick a different game with my second pick, but it had so many variations that I was scared that I would be basically wasting a pick. Like, say I picked Metal Gear Solid 2. Could somebody then pick MGS2: Substance and be all "haha dumbass"?

This is a good question which got lost in the shuffle.

I'd limit it to one version of a number in the series, so if MGS2 was picked, you couldn't pick Substance and if Substance was picked, you couldn't pick MGS2.

Maybe make that the rule with a Street Fighter 2 exception, heh, since the versions actually are pretty different.

My picks:

jag%20nba%20jam.jpg

NBA Jam: Tournament Edition

On the island I'm going to have to have an entertaining sports game. What better than the basketball game that is probably one of the best in history?

WCWNWORevenge.jpg

WCW/NWO Revenge

My obligatory wrestling game pick. Almost as good as No Mercy and definitely the best WCW offering.

With my 4th pick I select:

post-2806-1214021158_thumb.jpg

Sim City/SNES

I could play this game for hours, build up, then destroy.

Damn, that was one of the next two I had in mind