TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
foleyfanforever88

Video Game Desert Island draft

Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3, 2008)

Metal_Gear_Solid_4_US_Box_Art.jpg

When this thing started, I wanted to pick a Metal Gear Solid game, but didn't know which one to take. MGS1 had the best story, but the gameplay is totally outdated. MGS2 and MGS3 bring the gameplay, but the story's a little off. MGS4 solved this dilemma. It's got a story damn near on par with the original (except for a little silliness at the end, it'd probably be my favorite story of the series). And the gameplay's the best it's ever been, with the most expansive and active environments and a ridiculous gun customization system. I've only had it for a week and a half, but it's already my favorite game of the series.

Why in sam hell would you pick Wii Sports? It looses it's appeal after a few hours.

Well the bowling doesn't, that's badass.

Dr. Mario totally slipped my mind. I wasn't going to pick it this round, but it would definitely have been in consideration when I did pick a puzzle game.

Might as well finish off my run of new stuff...

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (PS3, 2007)

tekken-5-dark-resurrection-3.jpg

The best game in the best fighting series. It took Tekken 5, which was already awesome, and added balance. And now, thanks to the power of the internet, you can play against lag-abusing ten-string scrubs all over the world!!!

Hard to go wrong with DK Country, just a really fun game.

Truthfully, and I am ashamed to admit this, I have only played about 45 minutes of Eternal Darkness, but I loved it. Maybe I need to go out and buy a used Game Cube!

I think the overall quality of the game is debatable, but I'll always have a place in my heart for Donkey Kong Country, thanks to its involvement in Blockbuster's video game competition waaaay back (mid-90's). I got a free year of rentals for snagging the top score at my hometown Blockbuster.