TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
foleyfanforever88

Video Game Desert Island draft

354px-Ntsc_pds_cover.jpg

Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn)

Probably an overdraft, considering how few have had the chance to play it, but it's too good to pass up. One of the best non-fantasy RPGs ever and the best game on the Saturn by a country mile.

Waah I was hoping to get Galaga to go along with Ms. Pac-Man since the rules wouldn't let me draft Class of '81. Doh.

Dance Dance Revolution: SuperNova (Arcade, 2006)

konami_ddr_supernova_cabinet.jpg

My life would not be complete without DDR. SuperNova is the latest and greatest version, at least in the States. I have a nostalgic attachment to some of the earlier mixes, but SuperNova's the best game.

Kirby_adventure.jpg

Kirby's Adventure, NES 1993)

A quality platformer. If Mario 3 had never been made, this would have been the best platformer for the NES.

Zelda_II_The_Adventure_of_Link_box.jpg

The black sheep of the Zelda series. Took everything people liked about the first Zelda and threw it out the window. That took a lot of balls. You don't see sequels that are nothing like their predecessors anymore. It's a shame.

the same can be said about Super Mario Bros. 2...what a huge departure from all the other Marios up until Mario 64.

Condemned.jpg

Condemned: Criminal Origins -This game creeped me out more than any Resident Evil I've played (though those mumbling, chanting cultists in the RE4 castle can put me on edge). It creeps you out without being over the top with the gore. Anyone who has played the Department Store and Apple Orchid Farmhouse levels on this game know exactly what I mean by utter creepiness. Plus, I'm a sucker for serial killer material. The concept of this particular killer you're hunting is actually an interesting one. This was a 360 launch title and is a steal at it's current price of $20.

Zelda_II_The_Adventure_of_Link_box.jpg

The black sheep of the Zelda series. Took everything people liked about the first Zelda and threw it out the window. That took a lot of balls. You don't see sequels that are nothing like their predecessors anymore. It's a shame.

This game got crapped on for the longest time, I loved it

And here it is:

RainbowIslands.jpg

Rainbow Islands: The Story of Bubble Bobble 2

So much fun, and so many hidden things. I don't think any video game consumed more of my quarters in university than this one did, with one possible exception.

While I am enjoying this I am going to have to drop out. I'm moving today and will not have the time to really be able to do this right. Going to try and keep going in the TV draft, but I'm outta this one.

Sorry

As much as I'd like to have a crack at some of YNA's picks, I'm not sure that it's really fair to simply throw them back on to the draft board for others to pick, as it could give a major advantage to certain people in the draft order, who would immediately have access to games that were picked in earlier rounds. I'd recommend that we keep his list as is, but simply skip his turn the rest of the way.

As much as I'd like to have a crack at some of YNA's picks, I'm not sure that it's really fair to simply throw them back on to the draft board for others to pick, as it could give a major advantage to certain people in the draft order, who would immediately have access to games that were picked in earlier rounds. I'd recommend that we keep his list as is, but simply skip his turn the rest of the way.

...damn it. I wanted a shot at getting Link to the Past and Final Fantasy Tactics in one pick.

Yeah that's fair though. I guess.

41_8.JPG

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Nintendo 64, 2001

Extremely raunchy and fun. Heck I had all kinds of fun just playing the multiplayer games against bots, let alone the single player part.

earthbound.gif

EarthBound

Super Nintendo, 1994

I've probably got too many RPGs already, but damn it this is one still hanging around, so I gots to have it. Pretty much a really weird and fun RPG. Plus, if I wanted to, I could spend the rest of my days on that island trying to get the damn Sword of Kings.