TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (6/2/2008)

So Bradshaw loses a match and he fights for a title (and possibly wins it), while Cena wins the match and he fights to become a #1 contender. Yeah, that's how it's done. I know one is the secondary title, but still. Back in the day if you lost you had to be built back up.

So Bradshaw loses a match and he fights for a title (and possibly wins it), while Cena wins the match and he fights to become a #1 contender. Yeah, that's how it's done. I know one is the secondary title, but still. Back in the day if you lost you had to be built back up.

I remember when Savage was the WWF champ, defending it against Skinner on tv and that guy hadn't won a match in who knows how long.

I remember when Savage was the WWF champ, defending it against Skinner on tv and that guy hadn't won a match in who knows how long.

That was in a time when they used jobbers as fodder and stats for the champion. The same thing was done with HHH and Funaki (or was it Taka?). I'm also meaning more-so on the contenders part, not the Champions part. As a fighting champ, you go up against anyone, but as a contender, you earn your shot (or at least that's the way it used to be). Losing on a PPV shouldn't mean you get a title shot, IC or World.

Considering Bradshaw did a job hardly anyone except a grade school kid would think was legitimate anyway at the ppv (and I'm sure the intention of the way they booked that first blood finish was to protect him), it doesnt surprise me they are just continuing to push him hard, plus he's in the right place at the right time currently with Raw in some need of some strong heels, at least til June 23.

As much as I can't stand JBL, I fucking loved that spot last night where he was teasing cracking Cena open with the bull whip, that got his character a little more over in my eyes.

Hmm, that wasn't the finish I expected at all. Both guys came across as pussies.

They have played into last nights' "injuries" to JBL and Umaga significantly tonight in how both of those guys have done tonight.

Two ladies teams that have never tagged together - Katie Lea/Phoenix v. Melina/Mickie James.

I'm digging this Kennedy...Kennedy vs Burchill feud.

Next week, Kennedy/Mickey vs. Paul and Katie Lea.

I'm digging this Kennedy...Kennedy vs Burchill feud.

Next week, Kennedy/Mickey vs. Paul and Katie Lea.

It will probably put Burchill on the radar finally with something or against someone he actually is noticed for, so that's good.

Katie Lea has tons of potential too.

And Kennedy will still get the push ahead that probably was aimed for Regal originally.

Yeah, the Crime Time deal was weird, and then Cade basically squashes Murdoch. Expected their first match to have gone a little differently, and at least advertised a bit ahead of time on the show too.

Yeah, the Crime Time deal was weird, and then Cade basically squashes Murdoch. Expected their first match to have gone a little differently, and at least advertised a bit ahead of time on the show too.

I'm not surprised it didn't get much fanfare. I'm actually surprised it was that deep in the card.

Why doesn't Cryme Tyme ever wrestle? Despite being the most over team on the roster

Have you seen them wrestle?

Yes...and they aren't that bad. JTG is charismatic as fuck and can get the crowd going...and Shad is your standard big man. They aren't bad by any means

Hmm...John Cena taking 'supplementary substances' before his match with Hardy. I don't think that's fair. >_>

Not to mention, seeing as I don't really know what mamajuana does, does this mean John Cena is ummm, "a little horny" for this matchup. Or is it simply an 'energy drink'?

I refuse to believe that Undertaker would retire off a nothing show like ONS. I would think he'll get that last big send off at Wrestlemania, a'la Flair.

Undertaker has a leave of absence every year via legit injury or staged death. He'll come back like he always does.

I refuse to believe that Undertaker would retire off a nothing show like ONS. I would think he'll get that last big send off at Wrestlemania, a'la Flair.

Undertaker has a leave of absence every year via legit injury or staged death. He'll come back like he always does.

Vicki will sooner or later get the ax as SD GM and I'm sure the first edict from the new GM (it will probably just be Teddy Long again) is to reinstate Taker at (insert ppv here) against Edge in a HIAC match. Or who knows.

Yes, but how do they explain this one? It's already said he couldn't just move to another brand...

Yes, but how do they explain this one? It's already said he couldn't just move to another brand...

The same shit they always do. Someone, either the BOD, a new GM or a desperate GM reinstates him.

The same shit they always do. Someone, either the BOD, a new GM or a desperate GM reinstates him.

Vicki could also be drafted to ECW or Raw as well, forcing a new GM on Smackdown.