TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (6/3/2008)

At One Night Stand, Big Show defeated CM Punk, Tommy Dreamer, WWE Tag Team Champion John Morrison and Chavo Guerrero in the Singapore Cane Match. The win gave The World’s Largest Athlete a title match against ECW Champion Kane at Night of Champions. How will the Big Red Monster react to the news of his opponent on Tuesday?

Also on Tuesday, WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon will share more details about his million-dollar announcement in an exciting press conference at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles. Log on to WWE.com live at 3 p.m. ET/12 p.m. PT to catch the press conference streamed live. More...

And, anticipation from our fans continues as the WWE Draft creeps up on the ECW Superstars Divas. Stay tuned to WWE.com for more details as they develop over the next few weeks.

Catch all the fallout from One Night Stand on ECW on Sci Fi, Tuesday 10/9 CT.

I've already said it in the ONS thread, but it bears repeating. Kane vs Big Show in Extreme Rules for the ECW Title in Summer 2006 kicked fucking ass, and is still one of the best ECW (WWE era) title matches. If they can perform again to even half of that, it will be a classic. I'm really looking forward to this. However, if the match IS NOT under Extreme Rules, we'll probably get more Kane vs Big Show "May 19th" suckage.

However, if the match IS NOT under Extreme Rules, we'll probably get more Kane vs Big Show "May 19th" suckage.

With Big Show's eye injury, I wouldn't give WWE any stupid ideas. Kane trying to "pluck" Big Show's eyeball out again?

However, if the match IS NOT under Extreme Rules, we'll probably get more Kane vs Big Show "May 19th" suckage.

With Big Show's eye injury, I wouldn't give WWE any stupid ideas. Kane trying to "pluck" Big Show's eyeball out again?

Damn, I forgot he screwed up his eye with the ring steps at ONS. These 2 never seemed to click unless there was a hardcore stipulation of some sort involved. Maybe they'll pull off a surprise at the PPV under normal rules.

Show's in the best shape he's been in since 96' or so. Considering how good that match Haws is talking about was, I think they should be able to pull off something decent considering Show can actually move now. I've been nothing but impressed with Show since he came back.

The eye injury will probably mean we'll get a slow burn to the ppv match. I hope Show starts wearing an eye patch, though if nothing else.

This is one of my big problems with Kane being champion.

When you have to go into a title match and the best you can really hope for is being surprised that it doesn't suck...that guy probably shouldn't be on top.

I think that's a little harsh. So far, yeah that might be the case. But that's as much down to his opponents as anything else. Chavo was a mis-matched opponent and with Show there's a- a track record of them having some bad matches and b- the "these two guys are both big, this is probably gonna suck" mentality of some people. I don't think that's all Kane's fault, neccessarily.

Personally I think it'll be okay. Show is as said above in great shape but also as popular as he's maybe ever been. Plus, they haven't worked together in a year or two so there'll at least be some interest in it.

My Mom, who has 4 wrestling fans as sons:

"Who are the four men in the ring right now?

I've never heard of any of them."

IDK, I thought it was funny.

Adamale REALLY wanted to call Morrison Tommy Morrison, like 5 times after he did it the first time.

I'm diggin' how they have a guest commentator for at least one match every week.

Matt Sydal/Shelton was fucking awesome. All kinds of cool spots from both guys in that match.

Holy shit, Matt Hardy is over tonight.

I'm 39 minutes into the show on Tivo right now. Good show so far.

I thought Faith No More guy was in the front row for tonight's show but on second look, it appeared to be music producer and founder of 80s one hit wonders Was (Not Was), Don Was. The fact that the show was in LA seemed to verify this.

I thought Faith No More guy was in the front row for tonight's show but on second look, it appeared to be music producer and founder of 80s one hit wonders Was (Not Was), Don Was. The fact that the show was in LA seemed to verify this.

Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all night, thanks.

Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all night, thanks.

Everybody kill the dinosaur.

Gotdammit, my tivo stopped recording before the end of the main event. Somebody tell me how the match ended?

ECW Champion Kane vs. CM Punk (non-title).

Punk tried to grab Kane's leg at the bell, but Kane shoved him away. Punk grabbed a headlock, but Kane shoved him off and hit a shoulderblock. Punk grabbed an armwringer, but Kane shoved Punk to the mat. Kane backed Punk into a corner, then worked him over with punches. Punk came back with kicks and forearms, then clotheslined Kane over the top rope and to the floor. Kane landed on his feet, and dragged out Punk. Kane decked Punk with a right hand, then threw him back into the ring. Kane rammed Punk into the turnbuckles and hit him with a forearm and an uppercut. Kane choked Punk in the corner, then lifted him in a Hangman. Kane flipped Punk to the mat, but Punk got up and charged him with a knee to the gut. Punk hit some knees to the head, but when he tried a jumping knee in the corner, Kane lifted him and dropped him across the top rope. Kane gave Punk a big boot, knocking him to the floor as they went to break.

Back from the break, Kane had Punk in an abdominal stretch and was pounding him in the ribs. Punk battled out and tried his own abdominal stretch, but Kane blocked it with a hiptoss. Kane snap mared Punk and dropkicked him in the face for a one count. Punk and Kane exchanged shots, then Kane began pounding Punk in the back. Kane put Punk in a bodyscissors. Punk struggled in the hold, then elbowed out. Punk gave Kane some leg kicks, then Kane reversed a whip and went for a backdrop. Punk dove over Kane into a sunset flip for a two count. Punk hit some punches, but Kane decked him with an uppercut. Kane went for a slam, but Punk floated over and pushed Kane into a corner. Kane charged back with a clothesline for a two count, then put Punk back in a bodyscissors with an armlock.

Punk tried to fight out of the hold again, but Kane held him down, then released the hold and drove one leg across Punk's face. Punk came back with some kicks and punches, but Kane delivered one boot to the face and Punk went down hard. Kane missed a charge in the corner and Punk hit three consecutive jumping knees in the corner. Punk went for the bulldog, but Kane lifted Punk and hit a back suplex for a two count. Kane whipped Punk in a corner and charged, but Punk hit a boot to the face. Punk hit a second rope bulldog for a two count. Punk went for a whip, but Kane blocked it and hit a side slam. Kane went to the top rope and hit a clothesline for a two count. Kane called for a chokeslam. Kane grabbed Punk, but Punk kicked him in the head to get him to release his grip. Kane threw Punk over the top rope, but Punk held on and landed on the apron. Punk went for a springboard clothesline, but Kane grabbed him by the throat. Kane went for the chokeslam, but Punk reversed out and went to lift Kane for the GTS. However, Punk's back gave out on him, and he dropped Kane to his feet. Kane grabbed Punk and hit the chokeslam for the clean pin at the fourteen minute mark.

Winner: Kane.

John Morrison and the Miz ran out and attacked Kane. Punk was kicked to the floor, and wasn't seen again. Kane tried to fight back, but Morrison gave Kane a running knee to the head. Miz then gave Kane the Reality Check neckbreaker. Miz and Morrison stood over Kane. They showed some replays, and when they came back, Miz and Morrison were in the aisle staring back at Kane, who was lying on the mat, staring and Miz & Morrison, while smiling. That ended the show.

If you've been watching any WWE programs lately, you know how it ended: Punk jobbed.

I will say this about Sydal/Shelton....if Sydal is brought in to be a jobber or enhancement guy then WWE is truly insane. Down in OVW he was here the same time as Cody Rhodes and the dude has 10x the talent and the same exact look (they could be brothers). But gee, guess who has the famous dad?

Down in OVW he was here the same time as Cody Rhodes and the dude has 10x the talent and the same exact look (they could be brothers).

I thought that I was the only one who thought that.

Sounds good, I'll catch the replay on ecw.com to check it out.

And co-sign on Sydal. Dude impressed the hell out of me tonight, it was the first time I've seen him.