TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (6/3/2008)

And co-sign on Sydal. Dude impressed the hell out of me tonight, it was the first time I've seen him.

There's tons of Sydal stuff on youtube (and likely dailymotion). He's worked for Dragon Gate, ROH, TNA, IWA-MS and everywhere in between.

Oh, I've heard of dude before, I just don't watch much indie stuff.

I'll mos def check out some of his shit though. Anybody wanna recommend about 5 or so matches to look for?

I'll mos def check out some of his shit though. Anybody wanna recommend about 5 or so matches to look for?

Almost everything with Delirious is worth a look. Find the KENTA match as well.

Why make Estrada become a full time wrestler just to be a total jobber?

No offense..but that's kinda a dumb question.

The simple answer is that Armando is not a wrestler, he was the GM of ECW who wrestled a few matches prior against someone who WASN'T winning matches on a regular basis, who just got made into a full time wrestler. Then put against the U.S. Champion Matt Hardy...why would Armando win that match, none the less get any offense in? At least when it came to Colin, Armando got a few shots in and it wasn't a slide in, get the pin and win, then slide out. Colin still got the win but it was a "I caught you off guard" type of win.

It was a good show tonight, but I still don't like Adamle as a annoucer, he just really sucks. His voice is so bland he never sounds excited for anything that's going on. When something crazy is going on, like the Kofi/Shelton fight that happen after Shelton's match, he didn't even sell what was going on like it was a uncontrolable fight, instead he just calmly threw out that stupid "jamican me crazy!" line. He fucking stutters everytime he tries to same someone's name or some type of move. I thought Don West was bad but at lest Don West knows how to sell and put things over. I'm convinced Mike Adamle is just a way to make Jim Ross's mistakes sound a lot better.

If you've been watching any WWE programs lately, you know how it ended: Punk jobbed.

I will say this about Sydal/Shelton....if Sydal is brought in to be a jobber or enhancement guy then WWE is truly insane. Down in OVW he was here the same time as Cody Rhodes and the dude has 10x the talent and the same exact look (they could be brothers). But gee, guess who has the famous dad?

Yeah, but who's more likely to connect with the audience quicker, the son of a former wrestler or some guy from the indies? Who's got a ready-made debut angle? Listen, I'm a huge Matt Sydal fan and I'll be watching ECW purely for him this week. But bringing up Cody first was going to happen.

Maybe it's just hope on my part, but I don't think Sydal will be pure enhancement for long. I'd imagine the role he played in the training of Mayweather for Wrestlemania will play in his favour with management. The problem will be what moves he has left if he does get bumped full-time. Melina's got his legdrop takedown move, Miz has his corner clothesline through the ropes, can't see many people taking the Here It Is Driver, Shooting Star Press is going to be an issue...

FroGG- You should try and watch the Sydal/Jack Evans match from WSX's 1st show, although I'm not sure if it's online anywhere or not.

Edited by King Cucaracha

Sydal's flying double knee was awesome.

Shelton seemed in an especially brutal mood, if you watch the replay of him throwing Kofi into the steps he pushes his head downward and really just fucking skull tosses him into the steps. I thought for sure that was gonna be Big Show 2. Frame by frame it if you can and pin-point the second it seems like Kofi's head should explode.

Fun show, Punk/Kane was good even when Kane started getting terribly gassed, Morrison seemed to be in whatever mood Shelton was as he was hitting pretty hard last night too. Definitely hurt by the 1 hour format I have to say.

Almost everything with Delirious is worth a look. Find the KENTA match as well.

I never could get into the KENTA match. I just wanted to see KENTA hit Go 2 Sleep and his other crazy stuff, yet Sydal kept countering it. I don't care about you Matt Sydal, let KETNA kill you

I was worried that Sydal would just be a jobber, but it looks like they'll do something with him. He got in some good offense and only lost by countout. ECW is the best place for him, anyhow, since SD has no cruiserweight title anymore.

Nah, it'll be Knox instead of Burke, which will lead to month long feud of Knox/Sydal.

Because WWE can't wait to job someone else out to fucking Mike Knox.

Sydel is too small to ever be taken seriously by the wwe. He's like Kendrick and London though, he can make anybody look like a million bucks, in part because he is so small/light that he can really be chucked around and bump his ass off.

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Shelton/Sydal was fucking awesome for the time it was given. I'd like to see Sydal get a bit longer of a match in the future, but it was good for how short it was. Wonder if theres a "snowball's chance in Hell" of WWE letting him use the Cyclorama? He'll probably get stuck with Generic Moonsault #42-B as a finisher.

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Shelton/Sydal was fucking awesome for the time it was given. I'd like to see Sydal get a bit longer of a match in the future, but it was good for how short it was. Wonder if theres a "snowball's chance in Hell" of WWE letting him use the Cyclorama? He'll probably get stuck with Generic Moonsault #42-B as a finisher.

He'll probably use his standing moonsault where he tucks his knees in, or he'll use the Double Helix (springboard twisting senton).

He'll probably use his standing moonsault where he tucks his knees in, or he'll use the Double Helix (springboard twisting senton).

I could live with that.

Apparantly it's the Moonsault Belly To Belly from the top. I can't remember ever hearing it called that, but whatever.

CYCLORAMA~!

The standing moonsault would work as a finisher, if only on the basis he does it better than anybody else.

Apparantly it's the Moonsault Belly To Belly from the top. I can't remember ever hearing it called that, but whatever.

CYCLORAMA~!

The standing moonsault would work as a finisher, if only on the basis he does it better than anybody else.

That's awesome!