TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Desert Island Draft

heroes_s01.jpg

Heroes

Sylar: Haven't I killed you before?

Peter: Didn't take.

It's very rare that a show comes along that I can get completely entangled in, Heroes is one of those shows. Awesome mix of action, drama, fantasy, comedy. Great great show

I was stuck between this and another show, but I was banking on Heroes getting picked before the other one

the-office-final-2.jpg

The Office (US Version)

Not only the funniest sitcom currently airing IMO, but it features some of the best character development seen in any series. Every little gesture or choice of words has a subtle but revealing nature.

1102_large.jpg

The Shield

One of my favorite shows. Great characters, storylines, everything. One of the rare shows that has actually gotten better and better with every season.

31799-2.jpg

Married with Children

And we go from one of my favorite dramas to one of my favorite comedies. Married with Children took took your average 30 minute sitcom and turned it completely around, and along with The Simpsons it was the show that made the Fox Network. I can still watch episodes that I have seen dozens of times before and laugh. Imitated on many occasions, but will never be duplicated.

Ugh, two shows I really wanted just went. I knew the Office was going to go, but I thought the Shield might get to me.

I figured a lot of shows that I had near the top would go quickly so I only did a quick listing not worrying about the order. The five at the top are gone already though.

Realistic%20South%20Park%20Family%20Portrait.jpg

South Park

Has been by far the best animated series in the country for over a decade. A great mix of shock comedy, far out adventures, satire and socail commentary, that while I often disagree with it, it is always well presented.

1186Deadwood-Posters.jpg

Deadwood. Instead of leaving a typed out reason for why I love this show. I'll just leave some quotes

Tom Nuttall: My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb. Those that doubt me... suck cock by choice.

Al: Dan, you've really got to learn how to show interest in a girl without murdering another person.

Jewel: Goddamn it Richardson! You're too damn ugly to be sneaking up on people.

Al: Pain or damage don’t end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man… and give some back.

Dammit! South Park was my next pick.

And I'm going to my local video rental place ASAP and getting Deadwood. Always wanted to see it but didn't.

snl_v3_1024x768.jpg

LIVE FROM NEW YORK.... ITS SATURDAY NIGHT!

John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner, Dan Aykroyd, Jane Curtin, Bill Murray, Al Franken, Harry Shearer, Eddie Murphy, Billy Crystal, Julia-Louis Dreyfus, Martin Short, Jon Lovitz, Randy Quaid, Robert Downey Jr., Anthony Michael Hall, Joe Piscipo, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Dennis Miller, Kevin Nealon, Mike Myers, Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, Chris Farley, Rob Schneider, Adam Sandler, David Spade, Tim Meadows, Sarah Silverman, Norm MacDonald, Robert Smigel, Janeane Garofolo, Laura Kightlinger, Molly Shannon, Jim Bruer, Cheri Oteri, Colin Quinn, Will Ferrell, Tracy Morgan, Horatio Sanz, Chris Parnell, Tina Fey, Seth Meyers, Amy Poehler, Fred Armisen, Rob Riggle, Will Forte, Bill Hader, Andy Samberg, Kristen Wiig is why.

I also love sketch comedy... and am stuck on an island, so I'll take the quantity with the quality.

320px-Friends_ver4.jpg

Friends

Probably my favortie sitcom, good writing, plus plenty of episodes to keep me busy.

review06_scrubs6.jpg

This was a tougher pick for me. Most of the shows I had hoped would come back around to me were snatched up. (note, Friends was not one of these, as I am lacking a vagina :P )

Anywho, from a tv sitcom standpoint, Scrubs still stands out to me. I might not watch a few episodes from the last couple of seasons no matter how bored I am on the Isle of Dubya, but the first several seasons were just too good. Plus I know that they hold up as I have already been watching them repeatedly on Comedy Central for the past year or two. Scrubs also is one of the few shows I can think of that remains funny, but also can be emotionally draining at the same time. The episode "My Screw Up" particularly comes to mind and IMO is the best example of a comedy show doing a serious episode this side of Arnold and Dudley almost getting molested.

And now for something completely different. IT'S...

python.jpg

Monty Python's Flying Circus

SNL definitely has longevity on its side, and one can't argue with the sheer depth of material there. I wish I could have snagged it first. However, in terms of pure quality? There isn't a single sketch comedy program I would take over Python, man. Not a one. Absolutely fantastic, everything good comedy should be.

I'd rather be dead set in the middle of the draft. it's not to have 2 picks close together, but it's such a long wait for the next one. And by then I just know that Mind of Mencia will be gone.

WHOOPS! let my golden pick slip there

Why hasn't anyone picked M*A*S*H yet. Seriously, Battlestar Galactica and Married With Children over M*A*S*H??? That's nuts.

I don't like MASH

I like the early seasons of MASH from what I saw of it but all of the later stuff I saw bored me (basically, the moment Trapper John left and was replaced by that other guy). I heavily doubt it'll make my list unless I seriously completely run out of ideas.