TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Desert Island Draft

Well, here is one that seemed to keep on sliding, so might as well grab it now:

DVfxfhgj5ZLsik_l.jpg

Fun show. Takes me back to the "good ol' days" of my childhood. Reminds me of a more simple time and still makes me laugh. Yeah, those are a few good qualities to take with you to a desert island.

Would definitely have snagged Cosby it if I didn't get Roseanne. Those dvds have come down in price too, that reminds me I might want to pick some of those up.

Meet The Press

80982427.preview.jpg

I was afraid Tim Russert passing away would remind some folks about this show and I'd lose it... luckily, it's still here for me. Let me start by saying that I'm a political junkie, I don't really like debating it on the internet, but I devour the stuff. Meet the Press has been running since 1947, in a couple different formats, but it's always gotten good guests and under Russert it became an institution. I love this stuff.

DUN DUN DUN DUN!

MondayNightFootballlogo.jpg

051221_monday_night_hmed_9ahmedium.jpg

Monday Night Football

Just near 600 episodes, at 3 hours or so each. Get to see the glory days of Howard, Don, and Frank. granted, it's all old football games, but it's a good pick

and I need some Stand-Up as well...

ons_logo.gif

HBO's One Night Stand

It may not have nearly as many episodes as Comedy Central Presents, but still some grade A stand-up comedy from Bill Hicks to Jim Norton.

250px-Looney_Tunes_intro.jpg

Looney Tunes

What better way to kill some time than with some of the most classic cartoons of all time? Not to mention a huge library with plenty to choose from.

Good choice, but those were theatrical shorts.

Since pepole are starting to eat up Adult Swim, I figure I should take grad what I can:

sealab2021season3_1.jpg

SeaLab 2021. I love any show that constantly refrences the Cold War.

Ok, so I'm assuming that's Repo Man's pick for this round...he missed his window for last round, so he still has a pick to make.

And if you guy aren't taking it I am

snight2.gif

Sports Night. Not the longest running show, but serious quality here. Outstanding cast. Show was taken off before it should have been.

Going back to back sports themes on these picks. I have other shows I think I want before this one...but I'm hoping they hold out a bit longer

Oh, bloody hell. I knew I should have picked Sports Night last time around, but I didn't think it would get taken because it only went two seasons. I'm doing an awful job at this draft.

macross.jpg

Super Dimension Fortress Macross

My favorite television show ever. I've been sitting on it figuring no one else would take it. I love everything about it, from the mecha to the love triangle. As corny as it sounds, if i could marry a ficitional character, it would be Misa. The Robotech version gave me something to look forward to everyday during my craptastic freshman year of high school.

THNDRLOG.jpg

WCW Thunder

I have to take something wrestling related. Plus the greatest title match of all-time. You know the one I'm talking about.

Space_Ghost_C_To_C.jpg

Space Ghost Coast to Coast

Since Adult Swim/Williams Street programming is starting to go, I might as well pick up the only one of them that I really want before it gets snatched up.

penn-and-teller-bullshit.jpg

Penn and Teller: Bullshit!

An entertaining show which is occasionally informative, although it's usually not telling me anything I don't already know. Still, it's phrased well. I, like P & T, am a profane skeptic and realist, and this is probably not too different than what I would do were I given my own show.

I wont be seeing the movie, but this was my first favorite show... I loved it.

Get Smart

max86.jpg

Mel Brooks, yo.

survivor.jpg

Survivor

I haven't watched for the past few years, but this was always entertaining TV. The first season, especially, is great.

gauntlet-iii1.jpg

The Real World/Road Rules Challenge by Mary-Ellis Bunim & Jonathan Murray

My favorite guilty pleasure.