TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Desert Island Draft

Sorry, I went out of town for the weekend and totally forgot about his.

Anyways.........

snapped.jpg

An awesome true crime series based on female killers. I don't know why, but female killers interest me more than even male serial killers.

sue.jpg

Talk Sex with Sue Johanson

Might as well stick with some Oxygen goodness. You'll always learn something new, you'll always be horrified by others’ ignorance of basic sex education.

sanford_and_son-show.jpg

Bum bum ba da.

Bum bum ba da ba da da.

Surprised to see this guy still hanging out. Quality writing, good show over all. To good to pass up on at this point.

You big dummies!

uprightcitizensbrigade01.jpg

Upright Citizens Brigade

I am just owning sketch comedy in this draft. While it's a respected cult favorite, UCB is still amazing underrated. All four members are hilarious. After Mr. and Chappelle, I'll take this one.

Shit right I knew I forgot something.

groupshot1.gif

Home Movies

The only other Adult Swim series I think I want, and by far my favorite stuff from Soup2Nuts and/or Brendon Small (Metalocalypse is good but kind of hit-or-miss). I'm a huge sucker for witty, banter-heavy shows and as far as Adult Swim goes, especially the stuff left, this is sort of like a port in a storm.

big-brother-logo.jpg

Big Brother

The US version, I guess. I like this show in spite of myself. I know it's awful, but I love how damn serious they try and make everything. It's also fun once the producers decide on a contestant they don't like and set out to make them come across as awful as possible.

WKRP-400thumb.jpg

WKRP In Cincinnati

I was very surprised that this one hadn't been taken yet. Great comedy and great music. Could probably have run a lot longer if CBS didn't keep jerking it around.

51o7q-LAOUL._SS500_.jpg

Mythbusters

I haven't watched this show in a while, but I always liked it. Though after a while, they started using myth's I've NEVER heard of.

I think there's only one other person here who would take this, since it only just started showing in the States, but I'm grabbing it anyway just because it's so funny:

Corner%20Gas%20S2%20smallcrop.jpg

Corner Gas

smallville-8-season-2.jpg

Smallville

I really dug the first three or so seasons of this show before I got tired of the stale "Monster of the Week" storylines that just grinded the progression of the show to a halt.

They've finally moved on but I haven't gotten back into it. Guess I'll have the opportunity to do so on my island.

QueerAsFolkCuatro.jpg

Queer As Folk (US version)

Now THIS is gay. Though you may not be surprised to see me pick this, it has nothing to do with my occasional flirtations with homosexuality... well ok, yes it does, but it's a really good show. I knew I'd probably get it late, cause unfortunately the audience is mostly gay men and fag hags, and since the resident fag hags aren't in this draft...

The UK one is really good too, and much grittier and more realistic, but this one is more fun to watch. It also has a really, really good soundtrack, if you like gay music, ie techno.