TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

Smackdown Spoilers for June 6th 2008

Source: Wrestlingnewsworld.com

This week’s edition of SmackDown is from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

Dark Match:

* MVP b. Jamie Noble after he connects with a running corner kick.

SmackDown: (Airing This Friday)

* The WWE Production Crew is currently changing the set from ECW to SmackDown.

* Lots of Champaign on ice with glasses is being setup. The opening segment will contain Edge and La Familia.

* La Familia is in the ring. Vickie is getting lots of heat. She introduces to the crowd, the man “who banished The Undertaker from WWE forever.” Edge makes his way out to the ring.

* Edge dedicates his victory to La Familia. He uses the Jerry McGuire line on Vickie saying she completes him and that not only is he the new champ but he got rid of The Undertaker. He goes on to say he did him a favor by allowing him to leave with dignity and that Taker should thank him. He then makes a “toast” to the “Deadman” saying may he “rest in peace.”

The lights go out teasing a Taker appearance… The lights then come back on and reveal it was all a prank by Edge. Vickie then announces her marriage to Edge for July 11th. Batista’s music hits… He comes out as asks why he wasn’t invited to the party. He goes on to say how he hopes they are happy together and congratulates them… He doesn’t mean it… He challenges Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship. Vickie says NO. She says for Batista to face Edge for the title he must win in an 8 man tag match but she chooses Batista’s three partners. If Edge wins, no more title shots for Batista ever.

* Finley w/Hornswoggle vs. Chuck Palumbo in a Belfast Brawl is up next.

* Finley b. Chuck Palumbo in a Belfast Brawl via pin fall.

Chuck with an overhead suplex on Finlay outside the ring. Chuck removes a turnbuckle pad and goes for his chain… He gets a low blow from Hornswoggle. Finlay takes the chain and nails Chuck. He pins him for the win.

MVP is shown sitting by himself.

* A Cousin Sal vs. Santino graphic is shown.

* Big Show comes to the ring for a promo. He talks about his new #1 contender status and clips from his Singapore Cane Match at One Night Stand are shown. Mark Henry comes out to the ring. He says all Big Show did was get put into a match with sticks to be the #1 contender. He then makes a challende and retreats.

* Backstage is Piper warming up with Cousin Sal. A graphic is shown for tonight’s 8-man tag match.

* The Great Khali b. Deuce 'n Domino in squash match. He gets a face reaction.

* Backstage is Vickie with the SmackDown’s divas. She brags about how she has absolute power. She goes on to compare herself to the Fabulous Moolah and says she will crown a new diva champion.

* Cousin Sal b. Santino Marella

- Jimmy Kimell and Roddy Piper are at ringside. Cousin Sal wins with the rollup after Jimmy Kimmel trips Santino.

* The Miz and John Morrison are shown backstage tormenting Hornswoggle. Finlay shows up. Hornswoggle grabs a supersoaker and spays them both.

* Edge pulls Chavo aside and tells him he’s going to be his Uncle Edge and he wants him to best the best man at his wedding.

* A Golden Dream Diva Match with Cherry, Maryse, Natalya, Victoria, Layle El, and Michelle McCool is up next. The winner advances to Night Of Champions. Natalya wins.

* Vladimir Kozlov b. Jimmy Wang Yang with a belly-to-belly suplex. After the match Shannon Moore comes out and saves Wang. They walk off together…

* Maria interviews Batista backstage.

* Hawkins, Ryder, Edge, and Chavo are all in the ring for the 8-man tag match. Out comes Batista followed by his partners Nunzio, Funaki, and Colin Delaney.

Batista and his team win after he hits the Batista bomb on Zack Ryder. Edge will defend the World Heavyweight Championship at Night Of Champions.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/ww...s-6-3-2008.php

Edge versus Batista AGAIN? I'll fucking pass.

On top of it, we get a wedding between Vicki and Edge for the Great American Bash ppv. Can't they find better shit to do with Edge than another program with Batista and then a stupid wedding angle for the ppv after next?

And Smackdown is now going to have a "Divas" title? Give me a break.

Cousin Sal v. Santino sounds just about how I expected.

That'll end talks of elevated talent. Cycle through Batista and Mysterio until Taker's annual absence ends. I'm hoping the Golden Diva thing ends up being a novelty trophy for Natayla rather then another woman's title.

I don't mind Edge vs. Batista, but this company is really headed in the wrong direction. I can't help but laugh at adding another women's title.

And a wedding on PPV. Goddamn. The wedding could be vehicle to bring Taker back, but still.

It also means a whole month of build for a wedding. Which means you can expect many horrible skits with The Rmy and Edge trying on tuxs, Chavo writing the toast and Vicki on her bachlorette party that'll end with the oily naked guy dancing.

Why didn't Vickie make his partners La Familia, and just give Edge some token teammates?

Come on Vickie, you're better than that!

I actually saw Batista's partners being Edge and his Edge guys at first.

It also didn't say anything about a diva title. It said Nattie Niedhart won a women's battle royal to face the women's champ at the Night of Champions ppv.

It also didn't say anything about a diva title. It said Nattie Niedhart won a women's battle royal to face the women's champ at the Night of Champions ppv.

Backstage is Vickie with the SmackDown’s divas. She brags about how she has absolute power. She goes on to compare herself to the Fabulous Moolah and says she will crown a new diva champion.*

A Golden Dream Diva Match with Cherry, Maryse, Natalya, Victoria, Layle El, and Michelle McCool is up next. The winner advances to Night Of Champions. Natalya wins.

it's been quite a few weddings on WWE tv the past few years

Kane/Lita

Edge/Lita

Billy/Chuck

Teddy/Kristal

I'm sure i'm forgetting one

Anyway, it's losing it's value as an angle.

I like the idea of a SD! Diva's title. The WWE seems to be pushing the ladies again, very likely due to the ratings success of the TNA women. I mean Beth vs Melina @ ONS as was mentioned didn't even involve the title - when was the last time that happpened at a PPV?

The rest of the show sounds like it sucks though.

Yes she is, I was just thinking of the Beth Phoenix match being on PPV.. how often do you have a women's match on a ppv that doesn't involve the title?

They did it at One Night Stand, so perhpas they are going to start doing it more as the women's division depth has increased a bit?

I'm still not seeing all this talk about a new WWE Womens title being introduced. I guess we'll have to wait and watch to find out but it just sounds like to me, froim reading, that the winner will challenge for the belt, not that Vickie is making a new one.

Also, unless Beth wins the belt back on a random TV show, I'm assuming Night of Champions will be a match involving the Champion, Mickie James.

I don't want to watch any of those things. When is Michael Hayes coming back?

Palumbo/Finlay should be good. I'll agree the rest seems pretty ho-hum. I'd rather Noble/MVP was on TV and not a dark match, as those 2 had a pretty fun match last week.

it's been quite a few weddings on WWE tv the past few years

Kane/Lita

Edge/Lita

Billy/Chuck

Teddy/Kristal

I'm sure i'm forgetting one

Anyway, it's losing it's value as an angle.

They try to do a wedding once a year, b/c weddings=ratings

MVP is shown sitting by himself.

* Maria interviews Batista backstage.

* Hawkins, Ryder, Edge, and Chavo are all in the ring for the 8-man tag match. Out comes Batista followed by his partners Nunzio, Funaki, and Colin Delaney.

What's the point of just having MVP on Smackdown in some random segment without a match on TV?

Maria is now on Smackdown? What a random trade.

Batista's partners are jobbers?