TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

Smackdown Spoilers for June 6th 2008

In all honesty this angle does need the wedding, unlike stuff like Edge/Lita where them getting married actually went against the established white trash shacked up element of the storyline.

Why on earth would SD need a women's title? Instead of adding new belts they need to combine the ones they have now. I can see the idea of separate US and IC belts, but two tag titles and two women's titles?

I suppose Batista getting a shot makes sense given the way he destroyed HBK at ONS, but this shit with him vs. Edge is ULTRA stale. I mean so stale it's not even laughable. Why not use Matt Hardy as a filler feud? The match would be better and it would probably have more heat. But let's face it, this PPV is a nothing, filler show around the time of the draft, where I'm assuming big changes will be made.

Now would have been the perfect time to throw a lesser name into the mix with Edge. I mean...it's not like they don't have CENA vs. HHH headlining the ppv on the Raw side.

They should use that opportunity to give Edge a strong win over someone in the midcard like Hardy. It's a match people would want to see, it would be really good, they have history but it's been awhile...and Hardy's beaten him before...and he wouldn't lose anything by losing here.

Vickie said she would crown a Diva Champion during that skit where she compared herself to Moolah. That could mean another title or a KOTR type deal for the Woman's division.

Once again, according to these spoilers

* Backstage is Vickie with the SmackDown’s divas. She brags about how she has absolute power. She goes on to compare herself to the Fabulous Moolah and says she will crown a new diva champion.

It doesn't say she's sending a Smackdown woman's wrestler to face Mickie for the title. The Multi-woman match likely had nothing to do with what Vickie was talking about.

As mentioned in the Draft thread, I'm fairly certain both Umaga and Jericho will come over to SD in the draft, and that Batista will be sent to RAW. Combined with Rey's return, UT's sitting out for a bit (unless the rumor of him going to RAW for Hunter comes true, but I'm not banking on it), and whatever other mid-uppermid guys switch around, Smackdown will at least get a breath of fresh air in the next few weeks, talent and feud wise.

I'm thinking Mickie (or whomever the Women's champ is on 6/23) will just end up drafted to Smackdown thus transferring the belt off Raw. Don't worry, I'm sure Cena and James will be broken up by then anyway.

Funny, Batista Vs. Edge for the World Heavyweight Title took place at Vengeance last year.

hmm...

Mickie is with Cena...

McCool is with Taker...

HHH and HBK are married and off limits...

Who's the next best guy with political clout in the company that a diva can partner up with?

Randy Orton?????

I suppose Batista getting a shot makes sense given the way he destroyed HBK at ONS, but this shit with him vs. Edge is ULTRA stale. I mean so stale it's not even laughable. Why not use Matt Hardy as a filler feud? The match would be better and it would probably have more heat. But let's face it, this PPV is a nothing, filler show around the time of the draft, where I'm assuming big changes will be made.

I could see Hardy Vs. Edge, Champion Vs. Champion, for The Great American Bash.

Just me or does there seem to be a lot happening on Smackdown this week. Well, probably not a lot story wise, but there seems to be a fair number of skits and matches. That was my first impression upon first glance

Why did they have Santino vs Cousin Sal on Smackdown when the whole program has been built up on Raw, not to mention that it involves a Raw wrestler? Way to build up that brand continuity before the draft!

Why did they have Santino vs Cousin Sal on Smackdown when the whole program has been built up on Raw, not to mention that it involves a Raw wrestler? Way to build up that brand continuity before the draft!

That's what I was thinking as well.

That's what I was thinking as well.

I assume it was so they can edit the living shit out of it, rather then put it on live TV and hope it doesn't suck too bad

They can edit it, plus Smackdown was taped in LA I believe